New Delhi, Nov 7, 2016: The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) today decided to put on hold its order against the prominent Hindi channel NDTV India, according to media.
This decision came a week after announcing to take it off air for allegedly compromising national security with its coverage of the terrorist attack on an air force base.
Earlier in the day, NDTV has challenged the one-day ban by the government said the channel revealed sensitive details during its coverage of a terrorist attack on the Pathankot airbase in January.
The channel approached the Supreme Court against the ban on Monday.
NDTV India was asked to go off the air on November 9 after the government said the channel revealed sensitive details during its coverage of a militant attack on the Pathankot airbase in January.