I pray for the safety of Scindia in BJP: Digvijaya | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs I pray for the safety of Scindia in BJP: Digvijaya – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

I pray for the safety of Scindia in BJP: Digvijaya

Published

on

Digvijay Singh

Bhopal, March 12 (IANS) After Jyotiraditya Scindia joined the BJP, former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Thursday took a potshot at his former party colleague.

Digvijaya Singh tweeted: “May God keep him safe in BJP. I pray to God to keep Scindia safe in BJP.”

Earlier, Singh refuted the charge that Scindia was not given importance in the Congress party. He said, “Gandhi family has always given respect to Madhavrao Scindia and Jyotiraditya Scindia. Even Rahul Gandhi said that his doors were always open for Scindia.”

Meanwhile, preparations are afoot at BJP’s Bhopal office to welcome Scindia on a grand scale.

Posters, banners have been put up across Bhopal to welcome Scindia to the party.

On Wednesday, Scindia joined the BJP in Delhi in the presence of party president J.P, Nadda.

India

No pullback of Chinese troops, materiel from Pangong Lake, Depsang

Published

on

By

India China Border Ladakh

New Delhi, July 7 : The Indian military sees no pullback of Chinese People”s Liberation Army troops and materiel from Pangong Lake and Depsang in eastern Ladakh, sources said on Tuesday.

The disengagement of Indian and Chinese troops has happened in Galwan valley, Hot Springs and Gogra post in Ladakh sector. However, it has not been verified on the ground yet.

The disengagement started after a two-month military standoff and it is happening “as per agreed terms in the Corps Commanders” meeting”.

Sources said Chinese soldiers were seen removing tents and structures at patrolling point 14 in the Galwan valley where on June 15 Indian and PLA soldiers were engaged in brutal hand-to-hand fighting. A total of 20 Indian soldiers and an unknown number of Chinese troops were killed in the worst clash between the two armies in four decades.

As per the agreement between the Corps Commanders, a buffer zone of at least 1.5 km on both sides of the Line of Actual Control has to be created in these areas.

Sources said that in Galwan valley, the water level of the Galwan river has risen suddenly due to melting of snow, which could have forced the Chinese to move from the area faster. The Indian Army is reported to be using drones to verify Chinese movement as physical verification has been hindered by the rising waters of the Galwan river.

But at Finger 4 of Pangong lake, the most contentious issue between the two sides, sources said there was almost negligible pullback of Chinese troops with a similar situation at Depsang.

At Pangong Lake, Chinese troops have moved upto Finger 4 where they have brought over 120 vehicles and a dozen boats. The Chinese army has also opened up a new front in the area near the Depsang Bulge, a table-top plateau north of Galwan. They have built camps and deployed vehicles and troops.

The Pangong Lake is divided into 8 fingers. The mountainous spurs jutting out into the lake are referred to as fingers. India has been claiming fingers 1 to 8.

There is also an Indian post near Finger 4. India claims the entire stretch till Finger 8. The area between Finger 5 and 8 has been a matter of dispute as China also claims it. It has often witnessed confrontations.

China has made an attempt to change the status quo by putting up shelters and setting up a camp in areas that were under Indian control so far.

Military commanders from both sides are in constant touch with each other.

On Monday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said both sides were “taking effective measures to disengage and ease the situation on the border”.

“We hope India will meet China halfway and take concrete measures to carry out what both sides agreed to, continue to closely communicate through diplomatic and military channels, and work together to cool down the situation at the border,” Zhao told a news conference.

However, India remains cautious and the army and air force are on high alert.

(Sumit Kumar Singh can be reached at [email protected])

–IANS

Continue Reading

India

Senior Congress leader Bharatsinh Solanki put on ventilator

The sources said Solanki is a comorbid patient with complications like asthma due to which his oxygen intake has to be increased.

Published

on

By

Bharatsinh Solanki

Gandhinagar, July 7 : Former Union minister and senior Congress leader Bharatsinh Solanki, who was undergoing treatment for coronavirus infection, was put on ventilator support on Tuesday after his health deteriorated, sources said.

He is admitted in a private hospital in Ahmedabad. According to sources, Solanki, 67, was given plasma therapy twice on Monday, but his health deteriorated.

Solanki, a minister in UPA II government at the Centre, was the second Congress nominee for one of the four seats of the Rajya Sabha in Gujarat for which elections were held on June 19.

He was found corona positive two days after the elections.

“Solanki was administered more oxygen; that is what I know of,” Dr Manish Doshi, the Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee spokesperson, told the IANS.

The sources said Solanki is a comorbid patient with complications like asthma due to which his oxygen intake has to be increased.

The doctors at CIMS had consulted Dr Randeep Guleria, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Director, and some other renowned medical professionals on Monday regarding treatment of the Congress leader.

Continue Reading

Cities

Kanpur Shootout: Now Vikas Dubey’ wife Richa also ‘most wanted’

A local resident, on condition of anonymity, said that Richa stayed mostly in Kanpur city but kept tabs on the activities in the house through her mobile phone.

Published

on

By

Vikas Dubey and Wife

Kanpur, July 7 : Kanpur police is on hot pursuit of Richa Dubey, wife of Uttar Pradesh’s most wanted gangster Vikas Dubey, who killed eight policemen within hours.

Richa Dubey is said to have fled the house in Bikru village with her son, minutes after the bloodbath early on Friday.

Sources said that the police have recovered her mobile phone during a search of the house and it has been found that the phone was connected to the CCTVs installed in Dubey’s house.

“Apparently Richa kept a watch on the house and the activities there even when she was not in Bikru village. She may have used the mobile to delete footage.

“Earlier, in 2017, when Vikas Dubey was arrested by the STF, she had released the footage on social media in an obvious attempt to save her husband, as she pre-empted the possibility of Vikas being killed in an encounter,” said a member of the police investigating team.

The police have already contacted all relatives of Richa but she is nowhere to be found, even though she is a member of the zila panchayat.

A local resident, on condition of anonymity, said that Richa stayed mostly in Kanpur city but kept tabs on the activities in the house through her mobile phone.

“The servants and other workers were always wary of ‘Bhabhiji’ because she would check on them at regular intervals. If they lied to her on anything, she would pull them up. She supported her husband and his activities. She never interacted with women in the village,” he said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular