Hrithik buzz KJo to shoot the sequel in space | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Hrithik buzz KJo to shoot the sequel in space – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Hrithik buzz KJo to shoot the sequel in space

Published

on

kabhi kushi kabhi gum-wefornews

Actor Hrithik Roshan, who played the role of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s younger brother in Karan Johar’s “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…”, has asked the filmmaker to shoot the sequel to the 2001 drama film in space.

“Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…”, which also starred Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Kajol and Kareena Kapoor Khan in pivotal roles, completed 14 years since its release on Monday.

Karan posted on Twitter a video of 1962 science fiction animated children’s television show “Fireball XL5”, which followed the missions of spaceship Fireball XL5, commanded by Colonel Steve Zodiac of the World Space Patrol.

“’Fireball XL5′ – Start and Theme Song – YouTube who remembers this? #childhoodtelevision,” the “My Name is Khan” director captioned the video.

Taking an idea from that, Hrithik asked Karan to shoot the sequel to “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…” in space.

“@karanjohar let’s go to space in your next! ‘K3G’ part two. Family mission to resolve alien family dramas on other planets,” Hrithik tweeted on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Amitabh also shared some memories from the shooting of “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…”.

Karan also used the micro-blogging site to praise Amitabh and Jaya for their performance, and said that the couple “blessed the film with their royal screen presence and magnetism”. Amitabh then shared that Karan “fainted on the first day of our shoot”.

To that Karan replied: “I was nervous because it was day one with you Amit uncle @SrBachchan”.

wefornews bureau

Entertainment

Nimrat Kaur, Soha Ali Khan among latest celebs to complain of inflated power bills

Published

on

By

Nimrat-Kaur

Mumbai, July 1 : Actresses Nimrat Kaur, Soha Ali Khan and Neha Dhupia are the latest Bollywood celebrities to complain about inflated electicity bills.

Residents across Mumbai have been complaining about abnormally high electricity bills, which they received after the lockdown.

“So like everyone else, I”m struck too @Adani_Elec_Mum. Time to explain this calculation. We can at least be heard here, what about all those who can”t?! #Shockdown,” tweeted Nimrat Kaur on Wednesday.

“Are we just meant to accept these inflated electricity rates and pay them? @Adani_Elec_Mum we have received a bill that is three times our usual amount. Could you please explain?,” shared Soha Ali Khan.

Reacting to Soha”s tweet, Neha Dhupia wrote: “Yes…. same here.. can someone reply from @Adani_Elec_Mum so that we are not left in the “dark”…”

On Sunday, Taapsee Pannu was the first Bollywood personality who called out the power firm for overcharging. Soon, Renuka Shahane, Huma Qureshi, Ranvir Shorey, Dino Morea and Vir Das, among others, were complaining about inflated electricity bills.

“What are these new electricity rates ?? @Adani_Elec_Mum Last month I paid 6k .. and this month 50 k ????!!! What is this new price surge ?? Kindly enlighten us,” Huma Qureshi had shared in a tweet a couple of days back.

Reacting to Huma Qureshi”s tweet on the same, Soha tweeted on Wednesday: “And was any light shone on the matter?”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Custodial deaths: Rajini demands action against police officials

Jeyaraj and Bennicks had been booked for not closing their mobile shop in time on June 19 by the Sathankulam police. They were sent to judicial custody and lodged in Kovilpatti jail on June 21.

Published

on

By

Rajinikanth

Chennai, July 1 : Actor-turned-politician Rajinikanth on Wednesday expressed shock at the way the Sathankulam police officials behaved with a Magistrate who had gone to the police station to inquire into custodial deaths and said the concerned officials should be punished.

In a tweet, Rajinikanth said he was shocked to hear of the manner in which the police officials spoke and behaved in front of the Magistrate inside the Sathankulam police station even as there was widespread condemnation of the brutal torture and killing of a father and son by the police.

The reason for Rajinikanth”s anger lies in the report submitted by Kovilpatti Judicial Magistrate M.S. Bharathidasan who was asked to inquire into the case of brutal torture of P. Jeyaraj and his son J. Bennicks by the Sathankulam police on June 19 and their subsequent deaths.

Jeyaraj and Bennicks had been booked for not closing their mobile shop in time on June 19 by the Sathankulam police. They were sent to judicial custody and lodged in Kovilpatti jail on June 21.

Jeyaraj died on June 22 night and Bennicks on June 23 morning in judicial custody, allegedly due to the police torture.

In his report to the Madras High Court, Magistrate Bharathidasan said that when he had gone to the Sathankulam police station, Additional Superintendent of Police D. Kumar and Deputy Superintendent of Police C. Prathapan did not even greet him nor acknowledge his presence.

As per the report, Kumar did not respond properly when asked for documents.

The Sathankulam police personnel mocked and threatened the judicial officials, according to the report.

When asked to submit their batons for evidence, the police officials first tried to behave as if they had not heard anything.

But when he insisted police officials submitted their batons except for constable Maharajan who made a disparaging remark – ”you can”t pluck anything” – against Bharathidasan.

Maharajan, when asked to submit his baton, first said his baton was at his native place, then said it was at his police quarters residence and finally said he was not given a baton at all.

The report also said one police official ran away when asked for his baton.

Bharathidasan also reported that the CCTV camera storage system did not have any image of June 19 and earlier.

Despite the system having sufficient memory space, it was configured to erase the images on a daily basis.

A woman police constable Revathy, at the Sathankulam police station, in her deposition before Bharathidasan had said that Jeyaraj and Bennicks were beaten with batons throughout the June 19 night.

According to Bharathidasan”s report, Revathy also said the victims” blood stains were on the batons of the station police officials and on tables.

She said the batons and the tables should be secured so that the evidence is not lost, the report stated.

Expressing fear that she may be targeted later, Revathy was initially reluctant to sign a printout of her statement but later on being assured of her safety she signed the document.

The Madras High Court Bench in Madurai which took up the case suo moto had said there was prima facie evidence to register a murder case against the Sathankulam police officials.

The court also transferred the probe into the deaths of Jeyaraj and Bennicks to the Crime Branch Crime Investigation Department (CBCID) to gather and protect the evidence till the case is handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

The High Court has initiated criminal contempt cases against three police officials – Additional Superintendent of Police Kumar, Deputy Superintendent of Police Prathapan and constable Maharajan – for their behaviour at the Sathankulam police station in front of Magistrate Bharathidasan.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Aamir’s staff tests COVID positive, actor assures he is safe

Bollywood actor Aamir Khan on Tuesday sent out a statement announcing some of his staff had tested positive and immediately quarantined

Published

on

By

Aamir Khan

Bollywood actor Aamir Khan on Tuesday sent out a statement announcing some of his staff had tested positive and immediately quarantined.

The actor also assured that the “rest of us”, which includes him, “have all been tested and found negative”. He also mentioned he was taking his mother for testing since she “is the last person in the loop”.

Here is Aamir’s statement: “Hello everyone, this is to inform you that some of my staff have tested positive. They were immediately quarantined, and BMC officials were very prompt and efficient in taking them to a medical facility. I would like to thank the BMC for taking such good care of them, and for fumigating and sterilising the entire society.

“The rest of us have all been tested and found negative.

“Right now I am taking my mother to get her tested. She is the last person in the loop. Please pray that she is negative.

“I would, once again, like to thank the BMC for the prompt, professional and caring manner in which they helped us.

“And a big thank you to Kokilaben Hospital, and the doctors, nurses and staff there. They were very caring and professional with the testing process. God bless and stay safe. Love. Aamir.”

The actor has been busy shooting his upcoming film “Laal Singh Chaddha”, a recreation of the Hollywood hit “Forrest Gump”, over the past few months.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular