Headley turns approver in 26/11 Mumbai terror attack | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Headley turns approver in Mumbai terror attack case – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Headley turns approver in Mumbai terror attack case

Published

on

David Coleman Headley, Pakistani-American Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist  who played a major role in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case, , was granted pardon by a Mumbai special court after he agreed  to become an approver  in 26/11 attack and a witness in the case against ther conspirators like  Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal.

Headley is serving a 35-year jail term in the US for his role as a conspirator in the 26/11 attacks.The next hearing is set for 8 February 2016.

The terms and conditions under which headley was pardoned includes he will have to disclose entire  criminal conspiracy behind the attacks as well as his role and those of others in it. His statement will be recorded by a TADA court on February 8, 2016.

With pleas for his extradition repeatedly denied, Headley (55) appeared before the court through video-conference from an undisclosed location in the United States where he is serving a 35-year jail term for his role in the attacks.
Ansari appeared on the screen first and Judge G A Sanap asked him if he could hear and see the court proceedings. “Ji sir,” he replied. Those would be Ansari’s only words all evening.

“I have received the charging document filed against me in this court. It charges me with same conduct for which I was charged in the US. I had pleaded guilty to the charges in the US and I admitted that I was participant in these charges,” Headley told the court.

“I have received the charging document filed against me in this court. It charges me with same conduct for which I was charged in the US (by the FBI). I had pleaded guilty to the charges in the US (court) and I admitted that I was participant in these charges (role 26/11 attacks),” Headley told the Special court earlier in the evening.

Disclosing to the court that he had confessed his role through a “plea bargain” to the US Government, Headley told the Special court, “I accepted responsibility for my role in those offences in my plea agreement (in US). I also agreed to make myself available as a witness in this court. I appear here ready to answer questions regarding these events if I receive a pardon from this court.”

Investigations have so far revealed that Headley visted India five times between 2006 and 2008, drew maps, took video footage  including the Taj Hotel, Oberoi Hotel and Nariman House.

India

Priyanka raps Yogi on migrants testing positive remark

Published

on

By

Priyanka Gandhi Election

New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, here on Monday, took a jibe at UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath over his statement that people returning to the state from other states were raising the number of coronavirus cases and asked him to share the testing and infection data with full transparency.

“Heard the UP Chief Minister’s statement. According to him, 75 per cent of returnees from Maharashtra, 50 per cent from Delhi and 25 per cent from other states have tested Covid-19 positive. According to the state government figures, around 25 lakh people have returned to UP,” she said in a series of tweets in Hindi.

Questioning the Chief Minister, Priyanka said did he mean there were more than 10 lakh people affected by Covid-19 in the state. The state government statistics say total number of Covid-19 affected persons in UP is 6,228. “What’s the basis of statistics of infection reported by him? Where did this percentage of returned migrants come from,” she remarked.

If there was some truth in the Chief Minister’s statement then the state government should share the testing and infection data with the public, she said and added, it should also tell us about the preparation to control the infection.

The migrant workers have been returning from the Shramik special trains since May 1. UP has received the maximum number of Shramik special trains, ferrying stranded workers, students, tourists and pilgrims.

Thousands of people have also returned to the state either on foot or through other modes of travel, like trucks, buses, bicycle and auto-rickshaws.

According to the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, UP has recorded 6,268 Covid-19 cases. Of this, 161 people have died and 3,538 recovered.

Continue Reading

India

SAD condemns Akali worker’s murder in Punjab

Published

on

By

Death

Chandigarh, May 25 (IANS) Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president Sukhbir Singh Badal, here on Monday, condemned the murder of Akali worker Manjot Singh and murderous assault of two other youths, including an NRI, saying political killings continued unabated in Punjab even during lockdown.

The SAD chief said the Batala police district continued to remain the vortex of political killings, and added, earlier the district had witnessed murder of Dhilwan sarpanch Dalbir Singh in a shootout.

Like in the earlier case, the Batala police had failed to move quickly and arrest the accused even though they had been identified, he said and demanded immediate arrest of those associated with the murder and assault.

He also asked Chief Minister Amarinder Singh to rein in Congressmen who were taking the law in their hands to settle political scores.

Badal also assured free legal aid to the aggrieved family.

Continue Reading

India

After spurt in cases, Ghaziabad seals border with Delhi

Published

on

By

Ghaziabad, May 25 (IANS) In more woes for the people travelling from Uttar Pradesh to Delhi, the Ghaziabad district administration on Monday once again decided to seal its borders with the national capital after witnessing a surge of 10 fresh cases of coronavirus in last 24 hours.

The district administration in an order said, “In Ghaziabad district, there is an increase in the number of coronavirus cases in the last few days. A large chunk of these cases are linked to those who travel between Delhi and Ghaziabad.”

“Hence, on the recommendations of the Chief Medical Officer, the district administration has decided to seal the Delhi-Ghaziabad border until further orders,” the order read.

The district administration had earlier ordered to seal its border with the national capital on April 26.

According to the district administration on Sunday, 10 people tested positive for the virus in the district.

The administration said that the people employed in essential services will be allowed. Doctors, paramedical staff, police, media personnel and bank employees will not need passes. Their identity cards will be enough.

Meanwhile, the officials of the third and fourth grade working with the central and Delhi government offices where 33 per cent attendance system is in place, would be required to produce temporary passes from their offices to gain entry into the district and their identity cards alone would not be considered.

The order also stated that till the time the central and Delhi government employees don’t get proper passes their ID cards will be valid to travel. Even the advocates have been allowed to travel to Delhi.

The order also asked the government employees to enter Delhi before 9 a.m. and return to Ghaziabad after 6 p.m.

The order also stated that in case of emergency. residents willing to get e-passes will have to apply. Such applications will be assessed and then e-passes issued, it said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular