New Delhi, July 20: The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed the bail application filed by the 16-year-old boy accused of killing a Class 2 student of the private school in Gurugram in September 2017.
Rejecting the plea, a bench of Justices RF Nariman and Indu Malhotra said that the Punjab and Haryana High Court’s order dismissing his bail plea was correct.
The accused claimed that the time period for filing the chargesheet is 60 days not 90 days and said since that was not followed he should be granted bail.
However, the top court did not agree with the argument and stated this is a murder case and the sentence can be life imprisonment, so the chargesheet can be filed within a span of 90 days.
On September 8 last year, a 7-year-old class II student was found with his throat slit inside the school’s washroom.
In connection with this, the 16-year-old boy on November 8.
The accused had challenged in the high court the February 5 order of a Gurugram sessions court which had dismissed his plea citing the stage was not fit for granting bail.