Connect with us

India

Govt not averse to out-of-court solution on Ram Mandir: Naqvi

Published

on

New Delhi/Lucknow, Nov 14: Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Tuesday said the government is not averse to any out-of-court solution to Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Mosque dispute in Ayodhya, adding  it is “not involved” in any offers to negotiate by anyone.

His remarks comes in the wake of Art of Living Foundation head Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to mediate in the long-simmering dispute.

“If all the parties concerned or the stakeholders reach a consensus on the issue, nothing like it. It will be an ideal situation. This issue should be resolved. If it is resolved through dialogue and consensus it is good, otherwise the matter is already in the court and the court will decide,” Naqvi said.

When asked Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has offered to mediate at the behest of the Centre, the Minister said  “If some people are trying to mediate in the matter to find an amicable solution, there is no harm in it. But the government is not involved in any kind of mediation etc.”

Late last month, the AoL founder had expressed his willingness to mediate in the matter, following which the Shia Waqf Board Chairman Waseem Rizvi met him on October 31 and welcomed the offer.

After the meeting, Rizvi said the entire nation respected the AoL founder and that the Shia community was of the view that the dispute should be resolved amicably and not by confrontation.

However, on Monday after Sri Sri announced that he would soon be visiting Ayodhya regarding this, All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) President Asaduddin Owaisi dismissed his offer as “kite flying”.

“The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) has clearly stated that they will not accept any such offer, he (Sri Sri Ravi Shankar) should not indulge in any kite flying,” Owaisi asserted.

Meanwhile, as per his schedule, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar before visiting to temple town will meet Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, his representative Bhavya Tej said in Lucknow.

He said that he has informed both Muslim and Hindu leaders involved in the mater that “Guru ji” would be in Ayodhya to discuss with them ways to resolve the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Mosque dispute in Ayodhya..

Sri Sri is likely to arrive in  Ayodhya on Thursday afternoon and is expected to meet the head of the Ram Janma Bhoomi Nyaas, Mahant Nritya Gopal Das at Maniram Chawni, and later hold deliberations with Ram Vilas Vedanti and Iqbal Ansari.

Wefornews Bureau 

India

Modi govt dedicated only 7 airports in 4 years: Congress

Published

on

Surjewala

New Delhi, Sep 25 : A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi claimed his government dedicated 35 airports in last four years, the Congress on Tuesday described it as “new rhetoric of fake credit seeking” and said that the government had inagurated only seven airports in the last four years.

“Modiji’s ‘new jumla’ (new rhethoric) of ‘fake credit seeking’ – 35 Airports built in last four years. Total airports inaugurated in four years – seven, new airports – zero,” said Randeep Surjewala.

“Sikkim Airport was approved by Congress in October 2008, 83 per cent work completed by May 2014. Took Modiji four-and-a-half years to complete 17 per cent,” Surjewala said in a tweet.

Modi after dedicating Pakyong Airport in Sikkim on Monday attacked the previous Congress governments of neglecting the northeast and said that in the last four years his government has opened 35 new airports.

“Today, it is not only a historic day for Sikkim but also for the country. After the inauguration of the Pakyong airport, the country has got its 100th airport,” Modi had said after dedicating Pakyong Airport to the nation in Sikkim.

“After independence till 2014, we had only 65 airports. That means in 67 years they (Congress) developed only 65 airports, less than one airport in a year. But in last four years we dedicated over 35 airports. That means about nine airports every year,” Modi said.

Continue Reading

India

‘Hindutva a way of life judgement’ made political discourse lopsided: Manmohan

Singh was delivering the 2nd memorial lecture of the late Communist leader A.B. Bardhan on “Defence of Secularism and Constitution”.

Published

on

Manmohan singh

New Delhi, Sep 25 : Faulting the “famous but controversial” ‘Hindutva is a way of life’ judgement of late Justice J.S. Verma of the Supreme Court in the 1990s, former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said the judiciary as an institution should never lose sight of its primary duty to protect the secular spirit of the Constitution.

This task, he said, has become much more demanding than before because the political disputes and electoral battles were increasingly getting overlaced with religious overtones, symbols, myths and prejudices.

Singh was delivering the 2nd memorial lecture of the late Communist leader A.B. Bardhan on “Defence of Secularism and Constitution”.

The former Prime Minister criticised Verma’s judgment suggesting it virtually disturbed “a kind of constitutional sanity” that was restored in the country’s political discourse through the Bommai judgment in which a nine-judge bench of Supreme Court found an opportunity to reaffirm that secularism was a basic structure of the Constitution.

He said Justice Verma’s verdict had a “decisive impact” on the ongoing debate among political parties about the principles and practices of secularism in the Republic.

“The judgment ended up making our political discourse somewhat lopsided; and, many believe that ‘there can be no doubt that the decision requires to be overruled’,” Singh said.

He said no constitutional arrangement can be protected and preserved only by the judiciary, however, vigilant or enlightened the judges may be.

“Ultimately, it comes down to the political leadership, civil society, religious leaders and intelligentsia to defend the Constitution and its secular commitments. It is necessary to remind ourselves that the framers of the Constitution in their wisdom had conceived this secular order as part of a larger, greater egalitarian polity.”

Describing the demolition of the Babri Masjid as a traumatic event bringing into disrepute India’s secular commitments, Singh said the entire political leadership too came in for criticism for failing to protect a place of worship.

“In particular, concerned citizens were deeply disappointed at the judiciary’s stance in the events leading upto the demolition,” he said.

The former Prime Minister said the country should unambiguously clear that any attempt to weaken the secular fabric of the Republic would be an attempt to dismantle the larger egalitarian project — a secular, progressive democratic polity.

The judiciary needs to arrive at its own enlightened view of its custodianship of the Constitution irrespective of the irresponsible and selfish politicians who have no qualms in injecting communal virus in the body politic, he said.

The same expectation must also be voiced in regard to the armed forces which are a splendid embodiment of the secular project.

“Our armed forces have a glorious record of keeping away from the politicians’ manipulations and intrigues. It is vitally important that the armed forces remain uncontaminated from any sectarian appeal.”

Stressing on the role of Election Commission in preserving the secular fabric, Singh said it was incumbent upon the poll panel to see that the religion and religious sentiments and prejudices do not get overworked into the election discourse.

He said the media as a democratic institution was an equal partner in upholding secularism both in letter and spirit.

CPI General Secretary S. Sudhakar Reddy said the very idea of a secular and pluralist India tolerant of all sex and religion was under severe threat under the Modi government.

He said there has been serious attacks targeted at turning the secular India into a Hindu Rashtra, tearing off the statutes of the Constitution that oppose the moves or changing the Constitution itself.

Continue Reading

India

To cover Modi’s dilemma BJP claims international conspiracy in questioning Rafale deal, says Kapil Sibal

Published

on

Kapil Sibal

New Delhi, Sep 25 : Senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal said Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in a dilemma what to disclose about Rafale deal and to cover that scam, defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman is now claiming that Rafale aircraft deal is being questioned by the Opposition because of an international conspiracy.

Sibal went ahead saying, ” Modi should change  his government’s slogan from ‘na khayenge, na khane denge’ to “na main bataoga a batanedooga.”

“Where is the international conspiracy,We wanted Rafale deal to go through, which would generate thousands of jobs. I want to ask Nirmala Sitharaman where did she come across international conspiracy,” Kapil Sibal said.

Modi never constituted Lokpal because of Rafale Scam

Targeting Modi, Kapil Sibal said, “Now, we know why Lokpal was never constituted because then people would know the truth about Rafalegate.”

“There are disputed facts. We are hoping PM Modi will clarify who and how one benefited by sidelining HAL. 22000 jobs would’ve been created if HAL was awarded the deal. Transfer of technology was included in the UPA deal,” Sibal said.

“Modi is in a dilemma whether he should agree that ex-French president Francois Hollande is telling the truth about the Rafale deal or Hollande is telling lies (Modi has no evidence or argument to support his lies), Modi is in a fix what to say, purchase toh karliya par lena ke, dene pargayee,” Sibal said.

“This is the for the first time in the history of India that Prime Minister Narendra Modi acted in an individual manner to sign a deal without discussing with the government.He changed the nature of the deal thinking he is entitled to and changed the global tender and made it a government to government agreement,”Kapil said.

Sibal further questioned on what basis an individual can change the deal of a country, ” he is not entitled to do anything on what he likes.”

“Nor Manohar Parrikar, Arun Jaitley or Nirmala Sithjaraman – none of them were aware of the new deal announced by PM. Only two people knew- then French President Hollande and PM Modi, so in a court the best evidence we have of Hollande , “Sibal said.

Narendra Modi and ANil AMbani kin the Rafale deal and its connection with Anil Ambani,

Launching  a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Rafale deal and its connection with Anil Ambani, the Congress leader said that the “businessman friend’s” Reliance Defence was incorporated when the aircraft deal was announced. Speaking at a press conference, Congress leader Kapil Sibal said that the deal was made to favour Ambani.

“On March 28, 2015, Reliance Defence Limited was incorporated. On March 25, 2015, Eric Trappier stated that contract with HAL was finalised. On March 11, 2015, HAL and Dassault stated parts of Rafale manufactured by HAL and Dassault will be guaranteed by respective companies,” Sibal said.

The Congress leader further alleged that only former French president Francois Hollande and PM Narendra Modi were aware of the Rafale deal. “On April 8, 2015, Foreign Secretary of India stated Rafale deal wasn’t on the table during PM’s visit to France on April 10, 2015. But PM announced about the 36 Rafale aircrafts deal, while none of them were aware,” he said.

” Two  weeks after the new deal was announced, on 24th April, 2015, Reliance Aerostructure Ltd was incorporated. Somehow both PM Modi and Reliance knew about the new deal all along. Only HAL didn’t know. Manohar Parrikar, Arun Jaitley or Nirmala Sitharaman none of them were aware of the new deal announced by PM. Only two people knew — then French President Hollande and PM Modi,” the allegation continued.

“Why did they take decision on Rafale deal on April 10? We are only asking for the price, not the technology,” he said.

While concluding his press conference, Sibal pointed out that Modi must reply to the Rafale questions when he addressees rallies or give lengthy speeches.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular