Google Meet crosses 10 crore installs in less than 2 months | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Google Meet crosses 10 crore installs in less than 2 months – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Tech

Google Meet crosses 10 crore installs in less than 2 months

The search engine giant had earlier made Meet video platform free to anyone with a Gmail account, as part of Google’s Meet expansion.

Published

on

Google-wefornews

San Francisco, July 7 : Popular video meet app Google Meet for Android has surpassed over 10 crore downloads globally on Google Play Store.

The platform doubled the install base in less than two-months time as more and more people turned to video conferencing owing to the global pandemic, reports Android Police.

According to app traffic and performance observer AppBrain, Google Meet passed 5 crore (50 million) installs or downloads mark on Google Play on May 17. AppBrain figures indicated that the app crossed 10 crore installs on July 7.

According to Javier Soltero Vice President & GM, G Suite, the tech giant has seen daily usage of Meet app grow by 30 times, with hosting 3 billion minutes of video meetings daily.

The search engine giant had earlier made Meet video platform free to anyone with a Gmail account, as part of Google’s Meet expansion.

Google Meet is completely free and anyone with an email address can sign up and get started. Users can see Google Meet on the left menu, with two options: Start a meeting and join a meeting.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Tech

WhatsApp to soon sync your chat history on multiple devices

Being able to use WhatsApp across devices also means that your chat history is going to be synced on all of them.

Published

on

WhatsApp

New Delhi, Aug 10 : Facebook-owned WhatsApp is working on a new feature that will soon allow its over two billion users sync their chat history on at least four different devices.

Currently, WhatsApp works on a single device and it is not possible to use the account on multiple devices, a most requested demand from the users.

According to WABetainfo, a website that tracks WhatsApp in Beta, the messaging app is working on the possibility to use the same account on different devices.

“They are testing the feature in order to work with 4 devices at the same time,” the report said on Sunday.

WhatsApp is already working on to create an interface for Android as well as iOS.

“When the user wants to use WhatsApp on a second device, there is the need to copy the chat history. In this case, WhatsApp always requires a Wi-Fi connection, because it may use a large amount of your data plan,” said the report.

When WhatsApp has safely copied the chat history to the second device, it will be finally possible to use your account from it.

“Note that any message will be delivered to all your family devices, so your chat history will be always synced across platforms, and when you use or remove a device, your encryption key changes,” said the report.

When the encryption key changes during the process, all active chats will be notified.

WhatsApp has also reportedly developed an iPad app that will be released after the activation of the feature, so you will be able to use WhatsApp on your iPhone and your iPad at the same time.

The company used WhatsApp for Desktop for this test.

It is possible that WhatsApp will allow mobile devices to be connected to your main device later than WhatsApp for Desktop, according to the report.

Currently, one can simultaneously access one WhatsApp account both from a PC — through WhatsApp Web – and a smartphone.

Continue Reading

Business

TikTok lawsuit against Trump ban could come as early as Tuesday

The lawsuit will also reportedly argue that the allegation that TikTok is a threat to US’ national security is baseless.

Published

on

Tik Tok

San Francisco, Aug 9 : TikTok could file a lawsuit against the Donald Trump administration in the US as early as Tuesday over an executive order prohibiting transactions with the short video sharing platform’s Chinese owner within 45 days, NPR reported.

The lawsuit will argue that Trump’s sweeping ban on the application is unconstitutional because it did not give the company a chance to respond, said the source-based report on Saturday.

The lawsuit will also reportedly argue that the allegation that TikTok is a threat to US’ national security is baseless.

The executive order issued by Trump on August 6 night said that data collected by TikTok threatens to allow the Chinese Communist Party to access personal and proprietary information of US citizens.

The order said the spread of mobile applications developed and owned by Chinese companies “continues to threaten the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States.”

“We have made clear that TikTok has never shared user data with the Chinese government, nor censored content at its request,” TikTok said in a blog post after the executive order.

“In fact, we make our moderation guidelines and algorithm source code available in our Transparency Center, which is a level of accountability no peer company has committed to,” it added.

TikTok alleged that the executive order was issued “without any due process.”

Continue Reading

Business

Microsoft’s TikTok deal a ‘poisoned chalice’: Bill Gates

Trump earlier set a deadline around September 15 for Microsoft to close the deal with TikTok that it was pursuing.

Published

on

By

BILL Gates

San Francisco, Aug 9 : As Microsoft pursues talks to purchase the US business of TikTok, Bill Gates has termed the potential deal between the two companies a poisoned chalice.

In an interview with the Wired, published on Saturday, the Microsoft co-founder said that being a top player in the social media business is not a simple job.

“Who knows what’s going to happen with that deal. But yes, it’s a poison chalice,” the billionaire philanthropist was quoted as saying in the interview.

When asked if he is wary of Microsoft getting into the social media game, Gates suggested that the software giant’s entry will give Facebook more competition which is “probably a good thing.”

Reacting to a question on US President Donald Trump’s demand that that the country should get a large percentage of the proceeds if part of the short video-sharing platform TikTok’s business is bought by an American firm, Gates said that the way things were proceeding were quite strange and the cut thing is “doubly strange.”

“Anyway, Microsoft will have to deal with all of that,” he was quoted as saying.

Trump earlier set a deadline around September 15 for Microsoft to close the deal with TikTok that it was pursuing.

The US President followed it up with an executive order on August 6, prohibiting US firms from doing transactions with TikTok after September 20.

A “shocked” TikTok on August 7 threatened legal action against the executive order.

“We will pursue all remedies available to us in order to ensure that the rule of law is not discarded and that our company and our users are treated fairly — if not by the Administration, then by the US courts,” TikTok had said in the statement.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.