New Delhi, Sep 1: Facial skin becomes progressively lax, sagging with the age and specially jawbone, under the eyes and many opt for surgeries for this. Experts suggest people can go for pain-free cosmetic technology to attain a youthful appearance.
Nitin S Walia, senior consultant, Dermatology at BLK Super Specialty Hospital and Navjot Singh Arora, consultant dermatologist at Dermaheal Clinic, have given a few inputs:
* Laser skin tightening is a no downtime procedure that improves facial skin tone and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. For some patients, it is also considered ‘facelift insurance’, as it can put off the need for a more invasive procedure for many years.
* Botox’s is also a method which helps in elimination of fine lines and wrinkles but also correct the neck lines. It also helps achieve a slimmer and well defined jaw line. A botox injection takes a short time to administer and fixes fine lines conveniently.
* New forms of facial rejuvenation can be done by injectable skin fillers and without any surgery. Fillers are designed to increase tissue volume.
* Platelet-rich plasma injections help in the necklift, a midface lift, and significant upper and lower eyelid skin. Advanced facial skin sagging requires a excess requires a blepharoplasty.
* Saggy skin will occur at some point of time, but it can be delayed to a great extent with the regular use of sun protection and application of stable forms of vitamin C and aloe vera.