New Delhi, Aug 1: Rakhi is on August 8 and women are looking for dresses. Just go for bright coloured attires or re-use your wedding dress without looking over-the-top, suggest experts.
Make-up artist Aashmeen Munjaal and fashion designer Anuradha Ramam have listed few ways to add glamour to your look:
* Go for bright colours like royal blue, parrot green, dark maroon, red and fuchsia pink.
* A bling kurta and chudidar with a bandhani dupatta look good. Accessorise with big jhumki earings and have light make-up.
* Carry the ethnic printed silk skirt with bling top for the Indo-western look. The dupatta is optional.
* A long flowy gown can also give you a festive look if you add on ethnic jhumkas and rustic silver neckpiece.
* Go for plain georgette or chiffon sari with heavy and contrast colour dupatta. If the blouse is a corset then it can be paired with thick border saree.
*The lehenga can be worn with a plain raw silk blouse or corset of the contrast colour. Wear minimal jewellery and carry a party clutch to complete the look.
* Skip the eyeshadow, rather make your eyes pop with smudge proof blue kajal on both the upper and lower lashline.
* Swipe a hint of peach blush on the cheek bones for a natural looking flush and avoid the pink blush altogether.
* Apply matte orange or light pink lipstick. Dab a little balm on the lips if they are dry or cracked. Slick on a layer of gloss to help the colour last for long.