Connect with us

India

‘Global terrorist’ Syed Salahuddin admits carrying out terror attacks on India

Published

on

syed-salahuddin
File Photo

New Delhi, July 3, 2017: Days after Donald Trump administration in the United State declared him as ‘global terrorist’, Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin admitted that his outfit did carry out terror attacks in India, ANI reported.

Speaking in an interview on a Pakistani TV channel, Salahuddin reportedly said that his outfit has carried out terror attacks in India, while adding that US President Donald Trump’s administration is “idiotic” for naming him a ‘global terrorist’.

“We will not end this fight without liberating Kashmir from India,” Syed Salahuddin said amid tight security at a news conference in Muzaffarabad, it reported.

Salahuddin further admitted to purchasing weapons from international markets, adding that he has the capacity to deliver weapons at any place if he is paid for it. “We get the arms from the international market. All I want is money. You tell me where you want the arms. I will have them delivered there,” the Hizbul chief added.

Last week, Pakistan had called the US action “completely unjustified” because it involved an individual “supporting the Kashmiri right to self-determination”.

The US recently designated Syed Salahuddin a ‘global terrorist’, a move welcomed by India which said it underlines quite strongly that both the countries face the threat of terrorism.

The move by the State Department came hours before the first meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump at the White House.

Read More: US declares Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin as ‘Global Terrorist’

Syed Salahuddin has been charged under Section 1(b) of Executive Order (EO) 13224, which imposes sanctions on foreign persons who have committed, or pose a significant risk of committing, acts of terrorism that threaten the security of US nationals or the national security, foreign policy, or economy of the United States.

Wefornews Bureau

India

5-year-old girl raped by two minors in Odisha

Published

on

rape

Bhubaneswar, April 26: A five-year-old girl was raped by two minor boys in Odisha’s Jagatsinghpur district, police said on Thursday.

The boys have been detained following the incident that took place on Wednesday.

According to the FIR filed by the mother, the accused aged 11 and 14 raped her daughter on the premises of their school.

The victim studying in Class 1 was lured by the accused on the pretext of offering her soft drinks, according to the FIR.

“We have conducted the medical examination of the accused and the victim. Necessary action will be taken after receiving the medical examination report,” said Sujogya Mishra, Jagatsinghpur Sub-Divisional Police Officer.

IANS

Continue Reading

India

JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP

Published

on

Jammu Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) Shesh Paul Vaid
Jammu Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) Shesh Paul Vaid. (File Photo: IANS)

Jammu, April 26 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday said that one of the four militants killed in Tuesday’s gunfight in the Tral forest area was a Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) operational commander.

State Director General of Police (DGP), S.P. Vaid said: “Operational commander of JeM Mufti Yasir was among those killed in the joint operation in upper reaches of Tral.”

Four JeM militants, one soldier and a state police constable were killed in the over eight-hour long gunfight.

The DGP has also uploaded a picture on Twitter of the slain militant showing him alongside Masood Azhar, the founder of JeM.

The picture had been taken in Pakistan few years ago by the media there.

Azhar was released from Kotbalwal jail in Jammu district in 1999 and taken to Kandahar in Afghanistan where he was swapped with the 158 passengers of Indian Airlines flight IC 814 taken hostage.

Two other militant commanders, Sheikh Omar and Mushtaq Ahmad Zargar were also swapped in addition to Azhar for the release of hostages.

The flight was hijacked from Kathmandu and after a stopover at Amritsar it was taken to Kandahar.

IANS

Continue Reading

India

Uttar Pradesh: 13 school children killed in vehicle-train collision in Kushinagar

Published

on

Lucknow, April 26: In an unfortunate incident, thirteen school children were killed and several injured on Thursday after the vehicle they were travelling collided with a train in Uttar Pradesh’s  Kushinagar district. 

The accident occurred at around 7 a.m., at the Dudhai railway crossing.

According to the reports, a total of 18 students from Divine Public School were travelling in the vehicle.

After visiting the accident spot Chief Minister Yogi Aditynath stated “13 students have died, 4 students & van driver are critically injured. they are admitted at BRD Medical College. Inquiry will be conducted to nab those responsible. I spoke to Railway Minister also about ways to man the unmanned railway crossings”.

“Prima facie appears to be mistake of van driver, he had earphones on and there are questions over his age too. There are rules in place, inquiry will be conducted as to why they were not followed. Strict action will be taken” he added.

The Uttar Pradesh government declared ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakhs.

Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said in a tweet “I have asked senior officials to conduct an inquiry into the incident. Railways will provide an ex-gratia amount of Rs 2 lakh each to families of the deceased.”

WeForNews 

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular