GAZA, Aug. 21 : Gaza-based Palestinian resistance factions on Friday vowed that they would not allow the Israeli blockade against the coastal enclave to continue and would respond to Israel’s raids.
The factions’ committee of military operations said in a press statement that “we will not allow the enemy to continue the unjust siege on our Palestinian people, who have the right to express by all appropriate means their rejection of the blockade.”
The Palestinian resistance has the right to respond to Israeli attacks as well as “its aggression against our people,” said the statement.
Earlier in the day, Islamic Hamas movement said in a press statement that the Palestinian resistance would not hesitate to battle with Israel “if the escalation and siege continue.”
Last night, Israel announced that it had detected the launch of seven rockets from the Gaza Strip into its southern territory, one of which hit a residential house in Sderot city, adjacent to the strip.
The Israeli warplanes launched a series of raids on the Gaza Strip targeting military sites belonging to Hamas.
Meanwhile, Israeli public radio earlier said that farmers were banned from working in fields adjacent to the Gaza Strip, due to the military tensions.
The violence came amid weeks of tensions, which according to Palestinian and Israeli commentators was triggered by Israel’s refusal to allow the transfer of Qatari money to the besieged Palestinian enclave.