Connect with us

Tech

FreeCharge hires ex-Zomato head Anand Sinha

Published

on

freecharge1

New Delhi, Dec 19 : Digital payments platform FreeCharge has appointed Anand Sinha as Director of Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives, the company said on Monday.

Sinha will lead both the online and offline partnerships to help FreeCharge scale up its merchant operations, along with working on several key strategic initiatives for the firm.

“With a start in consumer shift towards digital money and a relentless focus of our government on digital transactions, the payments landscape is at a very exciting stage,” Sinha said in a statement.

Sinha has previously co-founded PressPlay — India’s first Omni-channel entertainment platform and headed sales for Zomato nationally.

“We are delighted to have Anand on-board. We are certain that with his experience and business understanding, we will see huge growth and success for the organisation in the coming days,” said Govind Rajan, CEO, FreeCharge.
IANS

 

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tech

China shuts down over 3,900 websites in piracy crackdown

Published

on

website-security
Representative Image

Beijing, Feb 25: China’s copyright watchdog on Sunday said that 3,908 websites have been shut down in a crackdown on copyright infringement in the past five years.

The National Copyright Administration investigated 22,568 piracy cases nationwide and deleted more than 6 million links to pirated publications during the period, reports Xinhua nes agency.

The crackdown has been carried out for 13 consecutive years by the administration in cooperation with other departments, targeting online literature, music, videos, games, animation and software, as well as mobile apps, cloud storage and e-commerce platforms.

Online copyright infringement has been curbed and the public’s awareness of copyright protection has been raised remarkably, said the administration.

IANS

Continue Reading

Tech

Elon Musk quits OpenAI group to avoid conflict with Tesla

Published

on

elon-musk-tesla-motors-wefornews-min
Elon Musk (File Photo)

 San Francisco, Feb 23: SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk has quit the board of OpenAI, a non-profit artificial intelligence (AI) research company he co-founded that aims to promote and develop friendly AI that benefits the humanity.

“Elon Musk will depart the OpenAI Board but will continue to donate and advise the organisation. As Tesla continues to become more focused on AI, this will eliminate a potential future conflict for Elon,” the research group said in a blog post on Thursday, welcoming some new donors.

In 2014, Musk said AI was humanity’s biggest existential threat later adding that the United Nations needed to act to prevent a killer robot arms race.

OpenAI has fast become a significant voice in the global machine learning community.

Its research has been wide-ranging, including teaching computers to control robots with minimal instruction and the creation of AI agents to play popular video game Dota.

OpenAI recently contributed to the “Malicious Use of Artificial Intelligence” report, which warned AI was ripe for exploitation by rogue states, criminals and terrorists.

Drones turned into missiles, fake videos manipulating public opinion and automated hacking are just three of the threats from artificial intelligence in the wrong hands, experts said in the report.

They said that those designing AI systems need to do more to mitigate possible misuse of their technology and that governments must consider new laws to tackle such misuse.

IANS

Continue Reading

Tech

Airtel offers Rs 2,000 cashback on Motorola, Lenovo 4G device

As part of the offer, Moto C would be available for Rs 3,999, Moto E4 for 6,499 and Lenovo K8 Note for Rs 10,999.

Published

on

AIRTEL

New Delhi, Feb 23: As part of its “Mera Pehla Smartphone” initiative, Telecom services provider Bharti Airtel announced to offer a cashback of Rs 2,000 on select 4G Motorola and Lenovo smartphones.

Two popular 4G smartphones from Motorola — Moto C, Moto E4 and Lenovo K8 Note are available with the offer.

As part of the offer, Moto C would be available for Rs 3,999, Moto E4 for 6,499 and Lenovo K8 Note for Rs 10,999.

“We look forward to working with Motorola to bring smartphones within the reach of more and more customers,” Vani Venkatesh, Chief Marketing Officer, Bharti Airtel, said in a statement.

“It is a great opportunity for Airtel subscribers to upgrade to 4G and enjoy the meaningful experiences across Motorola & Lenovo smartphones,” added Sudhin Mathur, Managing Director, Motorola Mobility India and Lenovo MBG India.

IANS

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular