A massive win for Finland in their first ever EURO 2020 match. Denmark had the possession and created many more chances. The stubborn and well-organised defending with Hradecky as the top man was enough for the Finns to get a surprise result.
A disappointing result for Denmark in their opening game of the finals. They had a lot of the ball throughout but were beaten by a goal against the run of play on a difficult evening.
- Following the request made by players of both teams, UEFA agreed to restart the match between Denmark and Finland tonight at 20:30 CET.
- The last four minutes of the first-half were played, there was then a 5-minute half-time break followed by the second half.
- The match had been suspended due to a medical emergency which involved Denmark’s Christian Eriksen. The player is now in hospital and in a stable condition.
- UEFA wishes Christian Eriksen a full and speedy recovery and wishes to thank both teams for their exemplary attitude.
- Tonight’s match between Belgium and Russia kicked off at 21.00 CET as planned.