Father of Bengaluru girl condemns her pro-Pak slogan | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Father of Bengaluru girl condemns her pro-Pak slogan – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Father of Bengaluru girl condemns her pro-Pak slogan

Published

on

Bengaluru, Feb 21 (IANS) Father of Bengaluru girl Amulya, who has been arrested on sedition charges, on Friday condemned his daughter for shouting pro Pakistan slogan at an anti-CAA rally on Thursday here.

“I condemn Amulya for shouting pro-Pakistan slogan at the rally and disown her views on CAA, NRC or NPR. I was not aware about her act till a friend called and told me about it last (Friday) night,” Oswald Naronha told a local news channel from his home at Koppa in Karnataka’s Chikkamagaluru district.

Koppa is about 320km west of Bengaluru in the southern state.

Earlier in the day, Amulya was sent to 14-day judicial custody after police arrested and produced her before a local magistrate in a sedition case filed suo motu against her.

“I also advised her not to criticise Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah for enacting the CAA. She does not listen to us. She has gone out of our control. I am sad and unhappy that she got into trouble for her views,” Naronha lamented.

Meanwhile, Naronha filed a complaint in a local police station at Koppa against some unidentified BJP activists for allegedly attacking his house in Koppa for Amulya’s pro-Pakistan slogans.

“The activists vandalised our house by smashing window glass panes, flower pots and damaging other household things,” Naronha said in the complaint.

The 19-year-old is a second year student in a degree college pursuing BA in literature, sociology, psychology and journalism.

India

Permit only bonafide migrants: Raj Thackeray to Maha govt

Published

on

By

Raj Thackeray-wefornews

Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Maharashtra Navnirman Sena President Raj Thackeray on Monday demanded that in future, the state government must permit entry only to bonafide migrants from other states.

He said that henceforth, when migrants enter the state, they must be registered, and their full personal details and identification papers should be submitted to the police.

“Only if these requirements are met with diligently, will they (migrants) be allowed to enter Maharashtra. A strict adherence to needs to be followed,” Thackeray said.

His comments came in response to a reported statement by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Aditynath that if services of people from his state are required, then the prior permission of the Uttar Pradesh government would be mandatory.

“If such is the case, then any migrant entering Maharashtra too, would need to take permissions from us, the Maharashtra government and the state police. The Maharashtra government needs to look into this matter seriously,” urged Thackeray.

It may be recalled that the then two-year old MNS shot into the limelight in 2008 by a series of agitations targeting migrants from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and other states for several months, leading to a massive social-political furore, and subsequently court cases lodged against Thackeray and others.

Around 14 years later, the party’s first major political issueAhas been willy-nilly hijacked by an invisible force – the Coronavirus – which succeeded in driving away more migrants from the state than the MNS could ever hope to achieve.

According to rough estimates, over a million migrants have left Maharashtra in the past over two months by autorickshaws, taxis, buses, trains and many by walking, with the largest numbers from the prosperous industrial-commercial belt of Mumbai and Pune metropolitan regions.

Continue Reading

India

Two corona patients die, J&K death toll reaches 23

Published

on

By

Srinagar, May 25 (IANS) Two COVID-19 patients died on Monday in Jammu and Kashmir, raising the death toll to 23 in the Union Territory and the numbers of the affected persons reached 1,621.

Doctors said a 65-year old woman belonging to the Kulgam district was admitted to the S.M.H.S. Hospital in Srinagar on May 22 with bilateral pneumonia.

“She died on May 23rd and her body was kept at the mortuary.

“Her test report came today. She had tested positive for COVID-19”, doctors confirmed at the hospital.

Another 63-year old patient died in a Jammu hospital on Sunday.

“The samples of the deceased had been sent for testing a few days back. The report was received yesterday evening. He has tested positive. He had co-morbidities”, doctors said at the Jammu hospital on Monday.

With this, the number of deaths due to COVID-19 has gone up to 23 in J&K.

So far, 1,621 have tested positive in the union territory, out of whom 809 have completely recovered.

Continue Reading

India

Covid cases rising, but situation under control: Kejriwal

Published

on

By

Arvind Kejriwal

New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday said while the coronavirus cases are increasing in the city, the situation is under control.

Kejriwal said there were about 4,000 covid beds with the government, of these only 1,500 were occupied.

“In Private hospitals, 677 beds are available of which 509 are occupied,” Kejriwal said.

In the private hospitals, about 2,000 beds are being made covid dedicated from Monday, he said.

“COVID-19 cases have increased in Delhi due to relaxation in lockdown. But there is nothing to worry about unless the mortality rate or the number of serious cases rises rapidly. If people contract the virus and recover, then there is nothing to worry about,” he said.

Assuring that there will be more beds in the coming days, he said the situation is under control. “The cases were expected to increase after the lockdown was relaxed. However, I can say the situation is under control.”

He said about 6,500 people are infected with the virus, and an equal number have recovered till date.

Kejriwal also said there are 250 ventilators with the government and only 11 are being used.

Also, he said no hospital can ask patients to arrange for themselves or can ask them to go. “We have issued a show-cause notice to a private hospital that denied treatment to a patient who tested positive for coronavirus. It is the hospital’s duty in such a situation to provide an ambulance to the patients and take them to a COVID hospital. Patients cannot be told to make arrangements for themselves,” he said.

On May 17, the Chief Minister said, there were 9,755 cases. “Now about 3,500 patients have increased. Also, 2,500 cases have recovered in the same period.”

He also said that most of the new cases are having mild or no symptoms. “At least 3,424 patients are being treated at their home as they have no or mild symptoms,” he added.

Delhi’s covid cases count reached 13,418 on Sunday.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular