The term of the 70-member Delhi Assembly is ending on February 22 and a new House has to be constituted before that. While Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will be contesting for a second term, the BJP has not named its chief ministerial candidate, and said that the elections will be fought under the leadership of PM Modi. Check out the poll schedule here:
- Election Commission will ensure free and fair elections. Poll preparedness in Delhi has been carried out on December 26.
- The Commission also held meetings with Delhi Police Commissioner and Home Secretary.
- Electoral Voter Preparedness (EVP) programme is being carried out in Delhi since September 2019. There are over 1.4 lakh voters in over 13,000 polling stations in Delhi. Data is more accurate because of door to door sampling.
- All booths on ground floor. Toilets for males and females are available and medical equipment is present. About 70,000 officials will help in carrying out polls.
- CVigil has turned out to be a boon in informing malpractices to the officials. Its advantage was seen recently in Jharkhand also.
- Pick and drop facility for all PwD (Persons with disability) and senior citizen voters. Ramps have been provided at polling stations.
- Persons involved in discharge of essential duties, a concept of absentee voters has been introduced, for those who couldn’t physically come to polling stations due to disability or unavoidable circumstances. One must reach out to their BLO for the same.
- Model Code of Conduct will come into place after this press conference is over. Arrangements have been made for the same. There are enough VVPAT machines. Counting centres have also been finalised.
- Illicit use of alcohol, muscle and money power will be dealt with strictly.