New Delhi, Aug 31: Less moisture at high altitudes in flights can make your skin look dull and tired. Invest in good Vitamin E moisturisers, lip butters and drink water throughout your journey, suggest experts.
Shikhee Agrawal, Head Trainer at The Body Shop and Shahnaz Husain, CEO of Shahnaz Herbals Inc, have listed a few pointers:
* Taking care of the skin becomes even more essential during air travel. To avoid the dryness indulge in Vitamin E moisturiser as it protects and locks in moisture for all-day hydration.
* Apply lip gloss or lip butter on lips in the harsh weather conditions and lack of moisture which can easily make your lips chapped.
* The most important thing is to drink enough water during the whole journey of the flight. It’s a great way to counteract the dry conditions inside the flight.
* If one has to be ready upon arrival, keep a little make-up case with you with some concealer and foundation and apply right before you land.
* Always remember to have sunscreen lotion in the bag. An anti-tan sunscreen would be good. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going out. If you are out in the sun for more than an hour, re-apply the sunscreen.
* Avoid tight clothes in the long journey. Your feet will also suffer, so try to keep them raised with some support, to help circulation and prevent fatigue.
* Wiggle your toes and make circular motions with your feet. Occasionally take a walk down the aisle, to stretch yourself. Also, try to relax and ease your tensions.
* Have salads and fruits during the flight.