DR Congo reports 11 Ebola cases: WHO

According to the Chief Medical Officer of North Kivu’s Beni area, Michel Tosalisana, the Ebola patients are a couple admitted in the ETC soon after the virus reappeared in the region.
Ebola in DRC

Brazzaville, Nov 6 : Eleven cases of Ebola virus disease have so far been confirmed by Health officials in the northeastern province of North Kivu in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), more than five months after the end of a previous Ebola outbreak in the same province, the World Health Organization (WHO) has said.

As of November 3, 11 Ebola cases have been reported, including six deaths, since the first confirmed case of a two-year-old boy who died on October 6, the WHO’s regional office for Africa said late Friday evening on its Twitter account, adding that 604 people exposed to the virus have been identified, Xinhua news agency reported.

On Thursday afternoon, the first two patients cured of Ebola virus disease were discharged from the local Ebola Treatment Center (ETC) since the resurgence of the virus was declared by DRC’s Heath Ministry on October 8 in North Kivu province.

Don't panic, support DR Congo in fight against deadly Ebola virus, UN  health agency urges | | UN News

According to the Chief Medical Officer of North Kivu’s Beni area, Michel Tosalisana, the Ebola patients are a couple admitted in the ETC soon after the virus reappeared in the region.

In early May 2021, the DRC officially declared the end of the 12th Ebola outbreak in North Kivu province.

Total
1
Shares
Related Posts