Don't Want To Watch rest of Film: Kapil Sibal On PM Modi's comment | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Don’t Want To Watch rest of Film: Kapil Sibal On PM Modi’s comment – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Don’t Want To Watch rest of Film: Kapil Sibal On PM Modi’s comment

Published

on

Kapil Sibal PC on 100 Days of BJP

New Delhi, Sep 13: Responding to Narendra Modi’s trailer comment , Congress MP Kapil Sibal heavily criticised the Prime Minister for the economic slowdown and said that he is not interested in watching how his policies are threatening the consumption and industries.

He tweeted he doesn’t want to see the entire picture of how the economy is collapsing under Prime Minister Narendra Modi with GDP, revenue collection, and consumption on a downward path.

Sibal said that most economic indicators are down while the only thing that has gone up is unemployment.

“PM: 100 days a trailer, film to Abhi baki hai Down 1) GDP 5% 2) Revenue collections up 1% (down from 22% last year) 3) consumption 5) Auto sales (10th straight month) 6) GST collections 7) Investments. UP Unemployment: 8.2% Hamein baki film nahin dekhni,” Mr Sibal tweeted this morning, referring to PM Modi’s comment on Thursday that borrowed a quote from a Shah Rukh Khan-starrer to claim his cabinet’s achievements in its first 100 days in governance were just a “trailer”.

Modi said “picture abhi baaki hai (full film is yet to come) and the work done by his government in 100 days is just a trailer.

“Before the elections, I had promised to create a strong and work-oriented government – a government that will work at a speed that’s even faster than the earlier one, a government that will strive to make all your aspirations come true . The complete picture would emerge in the years to come, PM Modi said at an election rally in Jharkhand’s Ranchi.

India

Indian Truecaller users’ data on sale, company denies breach

“Looking at the information itself, it has over 47.5 million records, and it includes interesting information such as phone number, carrier, name, gender, city, email, Facebook ID and others,” said the blog post.

Published

on

By

TRUECALLER

New Delhi, May 27 : After an online intelligence firm flagged that a cybercriminal was selling Truecaller records of 4.75 crore Indians on dark web for just about Rs 75,000, the Swedish caller identification app on Wednesday denied any breach of its database. After an online intelligence firm flagged that a cybercriminal was selling Truecaller records of 4.75 crore Indians on dark web for just about Rs 75,000, the Swedish caller identification app on Wednesday denied any breach of its database.

“There has been no breach of our database and all our user information is secure. We take the privacy of our users and the integrity of our services extremely seriously and we are continuously monitoring for suspicious activities,” a Truecaller spokesperson said in a statement.

“We were informed about a similar sale of data in May 2019. What they have here is likely the same dataset as before. It’s easy for bad actors to compile multiple phone number databases and put a Truecaller stamp on it.

“By doing that, it lends some credibility to the data and makes it easier for them to sell. We urge the public and users not to fall prey to such bad actors whose primary motive is to swindle the people of their money,” the spokesperson said.

Online intelligence firm Cyble in a blog on Tuesday said that its researchers have “identified a reputable seller, who is selling 47.5 Million Indians Truecaller records for $1000. The data is from 2019.”

“Looking at the information itself, it has over 47.5 million records, and it includes interesting information such as phone number, carrier, name, gender, city, email, Facebook ID and others,” said the blog post.

On Wednesday, Cyble updated the blog to say that the same hacker has dropped another 600 million records for sale.

Continue Reading

Disaster

Donations by companies to PM-CARES Fund notified as CSR

Companies have off late announced donations to the PM-CARES Fund along with several other initiatives to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

Published

on

By

pm-cares-fund

New Delhi, May 27 : Two months after it made the announcement, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has finally notified that donations made by companies to the Prime Ministers Citizens Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM-CARES Fund) will be considered as expenditure on corporate social responsibility.

The ministry late on May 26 notified that it has amended Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 by including contributions to PM-CARES Fund as valid CSR activity along with the earlier insertion of Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund.

However, to the relief of corporate contributors, the notification had clarified that changes will be deemed to have come into force on March 28, 2020 to allow for all the corporate contributions to PM-CARES Fund made in last two months to qualify as CSR spend.

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had tweeted on March 29 that CSR Funds can now donate to PM CARES Fund. A ministry of corporate affairs circular issued then had also said the same suggesting that the Fund has been set up to provide relief to those affected by any kind of emergency or distress situation. But, a formal notification of the proposal never came in March.

Sources said delay in notifying the circular was primarily over the issue of whether such changes would require an amendment to Companies Act or can be done through amending the rules. Legal opinion gave a nod to the notification.

Corporate spending for various activities related to COVID-19 including promotion of healthcare, preventive healthcare, sanitation, disaster management would qualify for treatment as CSR, as per a previous circular by the ministry.

The corporate social responsibility rules make it mandatory for large Indian firms to set aside at least 2 per cent of their average net profit for socially responsible expenditures. The norms are applicable to firms with at least Rs 5 crore net profit or Rs 1,000 crore turnover or Rs 500 crore net worth. The list of activities included under CSR is decided by the government.

Companies have off late announced donations to the PM-CARES Fund along with several other initiatives to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

The total corporate social responsibility (CSR) spending by the top 500 companies in the country since the applicability of mandatory CSR in 2014 is likely to cross Rs 60,000 crore by the end of the month as per industry reports.

Continue Reading

India

Political heat rises over Shramik Special; Maharashtra, Kerala slam Railway

A senior railway ministry official on Tuesday said till Monday, 3,274 Shramik Specials have been run which ferried 44 lakh passengers to their home states.

Published

on

By

NCP nawab malik

New Delhi/Mumbai/Thiruvananthapuram, May 27 : The tiff over Shramik Specials intensified further as Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan slammed Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal late Tuesday night over number of trains being available.

In a statement, Malik, who is an NCP Minister of Minority Development in the Uddhav Thackeray-led three-party coalition government in Maharashtra, alleged that for the last two days, the Railway Minister is doing politics.

“He said 49 trains would leave from Mumbai’s Lok Manya Tilak terminus. However, the Divisional Railway Manager said only 16 trains will be allowed.”

Hitting out at the Central government, the NCP leader said, “Passengers of 49 trains arrived at the station, but the railways was not ready to run the trains.”

“We feel the Railway Minister and Central government are intentionally doing politics,” Malik said.

Later the Divisional Railway Manager of the Lok Manya Tilak Terminus in a tweet said, “Never given such a statement to anyone. We as Indian Railways are committed to run the trains and help the migrants in distress.”

In his diatribe against Goyal, Malik in fact was responding to the charges levelled by the Railway Minister that the state government had failed to make arrangements for passengers to travel to railways stations, which resulted in fewer trains for the migrants.

“As many as 85 trains were supposed to run out of 145 trains, till 6 p.m. today (Tuesday), from Maharashtra. However, due to the failure of the state government to make arrangements for passengers, only 27 could run,” Goyal said, adding, “I again request the Maharashtra government to help us take back the poor labourers back home.”

This is not the first time Goyal has taken a dig at the Maharashtra government over the issue. On Tuesday, he urged the state government to cooperate with railways for operating the Shramik Specials. In a series of tweets, Goyal said, “On request of Maharashtra government, we arranged 145 Shramik Special Trains today. These trains are ready since morning. Fifty trains were to leave till 3 p.m. but only 13 trains have due to lack of passengers.”

“Further delays will affect the entire network and planning,” Goyal said in another tweet.

His remarks came two days after he asked Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray to share the list of passengers for arranging Shramik Specials.

The war of words between the Centre and the state government began after Thackeray commented on Sunday that though the state wanted 80 trains daily to send migrants home, the Railway Ministry was allowing around 30-40 trains.

The Central Railways in a statement said that on Tuesday the national transporter had offered 125 trains for evacuation of migrants from Maharashtra. “But the state government was only able to offer information for 41 trains till 2 a.m. on May 25. Out of these 41 trains, 39 could run as passengers could not be brought by local authorities,” the CR said.

It further said that it took meticulous planning and sustained effort to mobilise resources at a very short notice to prepare 145 Shramik trains for Maharashtra on May 26.

“These trains have already been notified for today from Maharashtra as per a state-wise break-up. Till 12 noon, 25 trains were planned from Maharashtra to run, but several departures were cancelled due to lack of passengers. Boarding of the first train could commence at Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus at 12.30 p.m.,” it added.

The Central Railways further said that from Maharashtra, 68 Shramik Specials were supposed to leave for Uttar Pradesh, 27 to Bihar, 41 to West Bengal, two to Odisha and Tamil Nadu and one each to Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand and Kerala.

Meanwhile, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan late on Tuesday night also hit out at the Railway Minister saying the national transporter was sending trains to Kerala without prior information and that it would undermine measures taken to contain the spread of Covid-19.

Vijayan said the issue had been brought to the notice of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Vijayan said last week, after the railways sent a train to Kerala from Mumbai without informing the state government about its stop in Kannur, he had written to the Railway Minister saying the state must be informed in advance about such trains.

“The Minister was told that such a step would dent the steps being taken by the government to contain the disease. But, the railways decided to send a train to Kerala from Mumbai. This has been brought to the attention of the Prime Minister,” Vijayan said.

“Trains are coming to Kerala from all parts of the country. Our only condition is that there should be prior intimation from the Railways. They should give us a list of passengers who have booked tickets. In the same way, it is important and compulsory for passengers to register on the Covid Jagratha portal before the journey. We will be prepared to receive the passengers,” he said.

From May 21 to 25, several Shramik Special trains were delayed for hours as these were diverted due to congestion on the Jabalpur-Manikpur section.

The railways has said that the issue of congestion has now been resolved.

The Indian Railways, which has suspended the passenger, mail and express train services from March 25 amid the nationwide lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus has started Shramik Specials from May 1.

The railways also started to operate 15 pairs of the Special air-conditioned trains from May 12.

The Shramik Specials were started to transport stranded migrant workers, tourists, pilgrims and students.

A senior railway ministry official on Tuesday said till Monday, 3,274 Shramik Specials have been run which ferried 44 lakh passengers to their home states.

On Monday, railways said it has operated 223 Shramik Specials and transported 2.8 lakh passengers. The railways has planned to operate 200 trains from June 1 on the time-table basis, bookings for which have already started.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular