Connect with us

America

Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton ‘devil’

Published

on

donald trump

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has called his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton “the devil”, taking name calling a step further, media reports said.

At a campaign rally in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, Trump on Monday night told the crowd that Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders “made a deal with the devil” when he agreed to back Clinton and help bring his supporters on board for her campaign, CBS News reported.

“He made a deal with the devil,” Trump said, adding “She’s the devil. He made a deal with the devil.”

Trump went on to say Sanders and his supporters all know he made a “bad deal” when he endorsed Clinton last month.

Trump has linked Clinton to the devil before, saying in the past that Sanders “sold his soul to the devil” but this is the first time he has been so explicit in this attack, NBC News reported.

Such language adds to the barrage of other insults he levels at her regularly the most popular with his supporters being the moniker, “Crooked Hillary”.

He did admit, however, to looking forward to meeting Clinton later this fall on the debate stage.

“I look so forward to the debate with Hillary, I look so forward,” NBC News quoted the Manhattan billionaire as saying.

Last week, Trump was in the midst of criticism from Democrats and Republicans for his remarks about a US Muslim soldier’s parents.

Former Republican candidate John McCain became the latest senior party membet to criticise Trump for his attack on the parents of US Army Captain Humayun Khan, who was killed by a car bomb in 2004 in Iraq, at the age of 27.

Trump created controversy by suggesting that Humayun Khan’s mother Ghazala Khan had been prevented from speaking alongside her husband Khizr Khan at the Democratic convention last week.

The soldier’s parents told the BBC it was time to stand up to Trump but he accused them of “viciously” attacking him.

America

Trump declares North Korea ‘extraordinary threat’

Published

on

US-President-Trump

Washington, June 23 : US President Donald Trump cited an “unusual and extraordinary threat” to American national security as he maintained long-standing economic restrictions on North Korea, including the freezing of any assets in Washington, a media report said.

An official declaration, contained in a notice to Congress, came on Friday despite Trump’s assertion this month that his June 12 historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un ended Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons threat, reports The Washington Post.

Harsh economic restrictions will continue for one year under the declaration Trump signed Friday.

The paperwork keeps in place restrictions first imposed a decade ago by President George W. Bush.

The ban on the transfer of any American assets by North Korea’s leaders or its ruling party has been extended or expanded several times by former President Barack Obama and Trump himself in response to North Korean missile tests and other actions.

“The existence and risk of proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula (and the actions and policies of the government of North Korea… Continue to constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the US,” Trump wrote in the declaration.

Friday’s development comes in contrast to a tweet on June 13 where Trump said: “Just landed – a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office… There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea.”

The move follows as the US and South Korea cancelled two more training exercises on Friday, reports the BBC.

The Pentagon said the goal was to support diplomatic negotiations.

Continue Reading

America

FBI should have informed me of Manafort investigation: Trump

Manafort has been under house arrest since he surrendered to the FBI in November 2017 after being indicted by a federal grand jury as part of the investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, tasked with investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential elections.

Published

on

Donald Trump

Washington, June 4 (IANS) US President Donald Trump has questioned the fact that the FBI did not inform him about the investigation of his then campaign manager Paul Manafort ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

“As only one of two people left who could become President, why wouldn’t the FBI or Department of ‘Justice’ have told me that they were secretly investigating Paul Manafort (on charges that were 10 years old and had been previously dropped) during my campaign?” Trump said on Sunday on Twitter.

“Should have told me!” The President also said that Manafort joined his campaign “very late” and that he worked with him for “a short period of time,” specifically, between June and August 2016, Efe news reported.

Manafort has been under house arrest since he surrendered to the FBI in November 2017 after being indicted by a federal grand jury as part of the investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, tasked with investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential elections.

The indictment charged Manafort with conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts and being an unregistered agent of a foreign principal, among others.

Manafort had to step down as Trump’s campaign manager after it was discovered that he had failed to report receiving a $12.7 million payment for providing counsel to deposed pro-Moscow Ukranian President Viktor Yanukovych (2010-2016).

Manafort’s trial, after he pleaded not guilty to the charges at a court appearance on October 30, 2017, is set for July 24 in the state of Virginia.

Continue Reading

America

Ex-English teacher finds errors in White House letter

According to the former teacher, the letter she received did not address her concerns.

Published

on

White-House

New York, May 28 (IANS) A retired English teacher found many errors in a White House letter bearing President Donald Trumps signature and mailed it back after making corrections, a media report said.

The letter, dated May 3 and printed on White House stationery, was addressed to Yvonne Mason, 61, who retired in 2017. After she made the corrections, she snapped a picture, posted the letter on Facebook and mailed it back to the White House.

“It was a poorly worded missive,” she told The New York Times on Sunday.

“Poor writing is not something I abide. If someone is capable of doing better, then they should do better.”

Mason, a Democrat who lives in Atlanta, had written to Trump to ask that he visit each family of those who died in the shooting that killed 17 people at a school in Parkland, Florida, in February.

“I had written to them in anger, to tell you the truth,” she said. “I thought he owed it to these grieving families.”

According to the former teacher, the letter she received did not address her concerns.

Instead, it listed a series of actions taken after the shooting, like listening sessions, meetings with lawmakers and the STOP School Violence Act, a bill that would authorise $500 million over 10 years for safety improvements at schools but had no provisions related to guns.

Some of the things Mason wrote in the letter were: “Have y’all tried grammar & style check?”

“Federal is capitalised only when used as part of a proper noun.”

There was more, but she did not correct everything.

“I did not mention the dangling modifier… I focused mainly on mechanics,” Mason told The New York Times.

“Nation” was capitalised, so was “states”. She circled both the words.

The letter stood in contrast to other letters she has received from politicians, Mason said.

Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, sent “beautiful” letters that struck a tone that “makes me more important than him”, she said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular