WeForNews | Latest News, Breaking News, News Updates Development answer to UP's problems, says Modi; attacks Mulayam, Mayawati | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Politics

Development answer to UP’s problems, says Modi; attacks Mulayam, Mayawati

Published

on

Allahabad, June 13 : Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said development was the panacea for all ills afflicting Uttar Pradesh and appealed to the voters to bring the BJP to power in the state in the 2017 assembly elections.

Setting the stage for Bharatiya Janata Party’s poll campaign in the crucial state, Modi said he will strive to do in five years in Uttar Pradesh what could not be done in the past 50 years.

Uttar Pradesh sends 80 MPs to the Lok Sabha. The BJP currently has 71 MPs from the state.

Modi, an MP from Varanasi, said: “We have to move only on development. The work that the previous governments could not do in the past 50 years, I will try to do in five years.”

He said the state was afflicted by nepotism, corruption, communalism and casteism.

“People are being troubled by the poison of communalism. Development is the answer to all the ills,” he said.

Speaking at a well-attended rally on the conclusion of the two-day BJP executive meeting here, the Prime Minister accused the ruling Samajwadi Party and opposition Bahujan Samaj Party of entering into a “contractual arrangement” in Uttar Pradesh.

Both Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and BSP chief Mayawati make allegations against each other when in opposition but do not take action when they are in power in the state, the Prime Minister said.

“There is an interesting contract in UP. There is a collusion between Mulayam Singh and Mayawati (about coming to power every five years),” Modi said.

“Till the time this five-five year loot ends, UP will not progress. Please give me a chance to pay back. Give me a chance. If we do anything for personal gains in the next five years, you can kick us out,” Modi said.

The Prime Minister said his government had taken several steps to curb corruption and saved leak of Rs 15,000 crore in cooking gas subsidy.

“Uttar Pradesh gets one lakh crore rupees from the government of India. I do not know whether it reaches you,” he said.

He said if BJP returned to power in the state, every penny will be utilised properly.

“We can transform the future of the youth with the available resources also. Hence, I want your blessings.”

Modi also referred to central government’s decision to abolish interviews for Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts and said he had urged the state governments to follow suit.

Modi, who drew rapturous applause from the gathering on some of his remarks, said a new ‘yagya’ was starting in Uttar Pradesh which will see the “end of nepotism, casteism and dishonesty”.

Taking potshots at the Akhilesh Yadav government over law and order in the state, Modi said Uttar Pradesh has to be saved from “lawlessness” on the streets.

Modi said of about 18,000 unelectrified villages in the country, 1,529 were in Uttar Pradesh. “Of these, 1,352 have already been electrified (by BJP-led central government),” he said.

The prime minister talked about steps taken by his government for farmers, saying the crop insurance scheme had low premium.

Talking about his government’s achievements in the past two years, he said the speed of road construction had picked up and there had been the highest production of coal, urea and electricity.

Election

Former minister Shahnawaz Hussain is BJP’s MLC candidate in Bihar

National general secretary Arun Singh said the BJP’s central election committee has approved the names of candidates for the MLC elections in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.

Published

on

By

shahnawaz hussain

New Delhi, Jan 16 : The BJP on Friday announced the names of six candidates for the member of legislative council (MLC) elections for Uttar Pradesh and one in Bihar.

For the only MLC seat in Bihar, the party has given the ticket to former Union minister and present-day spokesperson Syed Shahnawaz Hussain.

According to the official list issued by the BJP on Saturday, Kunwar Manvendra Singh, Govind Narayan Shukla, Salil Bishnoi, Ashwini Tyagi, Dr Dharamvir Prajapati and Surendra Chaudhary have received the ticket from Uttar Pradesh.

National general secretary Arun Singh said the BJP’s central election committee has approved the names of candidates for the MLC elections in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.

Continue Reading

Blog

If vaccine is reliable, why no govt functionary took shot: Manish Tewari

“While Covishield has not drawn ire of eminent medical experts, the Covaxin has been questioned, and by not allowing people to choose the vaccine that to take it militates the doctrine of informed consent that lies at the heart of medical ethics,” he added

Published

on

By

manish-tewari-and-narendra-modi

New Delhi, Jan 16 : Soon after Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the world’s biggest vaccination drive in the country, the Congress launched its attack on the Centre saying vaccines were being allowed to be used without the mandatory trials of Phase 3.

Speaking to IANS Congress leader and MP from Anandpur Sahib Manish Tewari asked if the vaccine is so reliable then why no important government functionary has taken the shot?

He said that in the every country of the world the head of the government has taken the vaccine, in US, President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris have taken the vaccine shots. In UK, Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister Boris Johnson have taken it and other countries there respective heads of state have done the same thing.”

“In India, why has no responsible functionary of the government taken the vaccine shots first if it is so safe and reliable,” Tewari asked.

He said, “As the vaccine has been rolled out, there are certain disturbing and obfuscated questions with the government using a soaring rhetoric of the vaccine nationalism. The first question about the efficacy… is that in the absence of a regulatory architecture — requiring licencing of the drugs and vaccines for the emergency use… It is perplexing that same has been permitted by the Drug Controller.

“While Covishield has not drawn ire of eminent medical experts, the Covaxin has been questioned, and by not allowing people to choose the vaccine that to take it militates the doctrine of informed consent that lies at the heart of medical ethics,” he added

Modi earlier launched the vaccination drive aimed at ending the pandemic which so far has killed 1,52,093 people in the country and ravaged the economy.

Addressing the country digitally, the Prime Minister said that India managed to make two ‘Made-in-India’ vaccines in a very short period which usually takes years.

Modi said that avoid “rumours” as the Drug Controller General of India has approved the vaccines for emergency use.

Lauding the efforts of scientists who are involved in vaccine research, Modi said they deserve special praise for making these vaccines and that “the vaccines will provide us a decisive victory against the deadly pandemic”.

The Prime Minister further reminded people to get two doses of the vaccine, explaining that “there should be a gap of almost one month between the first and second dose”.

“Only two weeks after the second dose, your body will develop the necessary strength against coronavirus,” the Prime Minister said.

Noting that this kind of vaccination campaign on such a large scale has never been done in history, Modi said: “India is vaccinating three crore people in its first phase of vaccination starting today and the government will bear the cost of the vaccination to be administered to healthcare workers”.

In the second phase, the Prime Minister said, “We have to take it to 30 crore”.

Continue Reading

India

Govt should admit its mistake on farm laws: Chidambaram

The ninth round of talks between the government and the agitating farmers ended inconclusively on Friday and the next round of meeting has been scheduled for January 19.

Published

on

chidambaram

New Delhi, Jan 16 : A day after the ninth round of talks between the government and the protesting farmers ended without a breakthrough, former Finance Minister and senior Congress leader P. Chidambaram urged “the government to admit its mistake and agree to start on a clean slate” with the farmers.

Chidambaram said as expected the talks failed, and it is the government which is to be blamed because it will not agree to get rid of the disputed laws even after the RTI responses have exposed the government’s “lie” about its claims that there were extensive consultations before the farm law ordinances were promulgated.

“The truth is that no one was consulted. In particular, state governments were not consulted,” he said.

“The only way out of the impasse is for the government to admit its mistake and agree to start with a clean slate,” he added.

The ninth round of talks between the government and the agitating farmers ended inconclusively on Friday and the next round of meeting has been scheduled for January 19.

The meeting of the farmer leaders with the government went on for around five hours on Friday over the three contentious farm laws and the demand for minimum support price (MSP), but ended in a stalemate.

This was the first meeting between the two sides after the Supreme Court order on January 12, which stayed the implementation of the three farm laws and also formed a four-member committee to look into the farmers’ issues.

However, on Thursday, farmer leader Bhupinder Singh Mann, one of the four members on the committee, had recused himself from the panel constituted by the top court.

Thousands of farmers from Punjab, Haryana and western Uttar Pradesh have been agitating against the three farm laws. They have been protesting at several Delhi borders since November 26. Their main demand is that the government must repeal the three farm laws enacted in September last year.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular