Deoband is 'Gangotri' of terrorism: Giriraj Singh | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Deoband is ‘Gangotri’ of terrorism: Giriraj Singh – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Deoband is ‘Gangotri’ of terrorism: Giriraj Singh

Published

on

Giriraj Singh

Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Feb 12 : Union minister Giriraj Singh has once again triggered controversy by claiming that Islamic seminary Deoband in Saharanpur is a factory producing terrorists.

He has termed it as “aatankvaad ki Gangotri”.

Talking to the media persons in Saharanpur on Tuesday, he said that Deoband produces terrorists like Hafiz Saeed.

“I had once said earlier that Deoband is the Gangotri of terrorists. All most wanted terrorists of the world came from Deoband, including Hafiz Saeed or any of the others,” said Giriraj Singh.

“These people are not against CAA, they are against India. This is a kind of a Khilafat movement,” said Giriraj Singh while attacking the ongoing anti-CAA protests in Deoband.

Deoband has seen fierce anti-CAA protests by Muslim women over the past months and has faced attack from BJP leaders.

Giriraj Singh had earlier alleged that ‘suicide bombers’ are being raised in Shaheen Bagh.

Referring to a video, in which a few children are purportedly making some objectionable comments against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Giriraj Singh said poison is being drilled into the minds of kids.

“This Shaheen Bagh protest is no longer an agitation. A group of suicide bombers is being raised here and conspiracy against the country is being hatched in its capital,” he claimed.

Singh had made a similar statement in December too.

Cities

No-Bag Day on Saturdays for Rajasthan students

The Chief Minister also announced Rs 100 crore for setting up a ‘Tourism Development Fund’ and said that the policy for ‘ease of travelling in Rajasthan’ will be pursued.

Published

on

Students School Bags

Jaipur, Feb 20 : Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday announced a ‘No-Bag Day’ on Saturdays for students of government schools across the state.

Delivering his customary speech during the presentation of the state Budget in the Assembly, he said that though there would be no studies on the said day, activities related to happiness therapy, literature and culture, sports, personality development, moral values, scout, tips to stay healthy etc shall be organised for the students.

Also, parent-teacher meetings would be held on Saturdays to enable the school teachers update the parents on their wards’ academic performance, the Chief Minister added.

Gehlot also announced huge funds for sportspersons in Rajasthan. Those winning gold medals in the Olympics will henceforth get Rs 3 crore from the state government, compared with Rs 75 lakh earlier. Silver medallists will get Rs 2 crore against Rs 50 lakh earlier and bronze medallists Rs 1 crore against Rs 30 lakh earlier.

Asian Games gold medallists will now get Rs 1 crore, silver winners Rs 60 lakh and bronze medallists Rs 30 lakh as compared to Rs 30 lakh, Rs 20 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively earlier on. As many as 500 coaches will be appointed on contractual basis to nurture sports talent in the desert state.

The Chief Minister also announced Rs 100 crore for setting up a ‘Tourism Development Fund’ and said that the policy for ‘ease of travelling in Rajasthan’ will be pursued.

Another important Budget proposal was that those injured in an accident in Rajasthan can’t be denied treatment by private hospitals. It would be mandatory for these hospitals to attend to injured patients or else action would be taken against the erring institute, Gehlot said, adding that a law would be formulated in this regard, if need be.

Gehlot announced seven resolutions of his government — Nirogi Rajasthan; Sampann Kissan; Mahila, Bal and Vridhh Kalyan; Saksham Mazdoor, Chhatra Yuva Javan; Shiksha ka Paridhan; Pani, Bijli aur Sadkon ka Maan; and Kaushal and Takneek Pradhan.

Continue Reading

Cities

Rajasthan CM Gehlot promises 50,000 jobs

Despite several vacancies getting stuck in legal tangles and the proverbial red tapes, Gehlot sounded confident of creating around 50,000 jobs this year.

Published

on

Ashok Gehlot

Jaipur, Feb 20 : One post of constable and 309 applicants! It only reflects the grim unemployment scenario in the state.

For the post of 5,483 constables, announced to be filled this year, around 17 lakh applications have been received. Most applications have come from Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur, Biju George, Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) in charge of the recruitment, told IANS.

Confirming the number of applicants, the ADGP said in 2018, against 10,000 openings the department had received over 15 lakh applications — 150 contenders for one post.

Meanwhile, presenting his second budget in the Assembly on Thursday, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced that the government would create 53,181 jobs this year. Gehlot also holds the finance portfolio.

The state government, according to him, has created 34,682 jobs and 82,000 appointments are under process in his current tenure. The Congress government came to power in the state in December 2018.

In 2020-21, the maximum number of jobs (41,000) would be created in the education sector, followed by the home department (5,000), the health sector (4,369), the local self-government (1,039), the cooperative department (1,000), and the medical education (573), Gehlot said. The General Administration Department would get 200 new posts, he added.

Despite several vacancies getting stuck in legal tangles and the proverbial red tapes, Gehlot sounded confident of creating around 50,000 jobs this year.

On Barmer Refinery and Petrochemical Complex, the Chief Minister said the government would complete the project within the deadline. It would further create jobs, Gehlot added.

Continue Reading

Cities

Tanwar files contempt plea in SC on Ravidas temple restoration

“The idol of Guru Ravidas is yet to be restored at the site. In addition, none of the directions of this court passed in its final orders dated 21.10.2019 (modified by Order dt. 25.11.2019) has been implemented”, said the petition.

Published

on

By

Ashok Tanwar

New Delhi, Feb 20 : Former Lok Sabha MP Ashok Tanwar on Thursday moved the Supreme Court seeking contempt proceedings against the Delhi Development Authority Vice Chairman and Delhi Chief Secretary for failing to implement the top court’s 2019 directive for the restoration of idols and reconstruction of the Guru Ravidas temple at Tughlaqabad, Delhi.

The petition referred to the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust formed by the Centre in the aftermath of the Supreme Court order in the Ayodhya case, saying it has 15 trustees, who are all Hindus, and only one from the Dalit community.

“Similarly, a committee of devotees to be formed for the construction of Guru Ravidas temple should exclusively have persons who are ardent followers of Guru Ravidas”, said the petition.

The petition contended that the top court on October 2019 ordered reconstruction of the Guru Ravidas temple demolished by DDA and directed the government to constitute a committee of devotees to build the temple within six weeks. However, four months have elapsed and no committee has been formed yet.

“The committee of devotees as mandated by the judgment in the Guru Ravidas temple matter is nowhere in sight. This in itself is patent discrimination and shows the neglect of the Government towards the Scheduled Caste, most of whom are ardent believers in Guru Ravidas”, said the petition.

The top court in November passed another order clarifying that a permanent structure should be constructed.

“The idol of Guru Ravidas is yet to be restored at the site. In addition, none of the directions of this court passed in its final orders dated 21.10.2019 (modified by Order dt. 25.11.2019) has been implemented”, said the petition.

The petition contended that the delay in construction of Guru Ravidas temple is causing a lot of anguish and hurt among millions of people, not only in India but across the world.

“The followers of Guru Ravidas had expected justice, which unfortunately has not been meted out to them, despite orders of this Court”, contended Tanwar in the petition, alleging the authorities concerned are deliberately adopting delay tactics.

Tanwar urged the top court to initiate contempt of court proceedings against the contemnors and punish them for having intentionally violating the order of the top court.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular