Printing of new notes after demonetisation has costed 13 thousand crore to RBI. A report issued buy the lender of india SBI has suggested this. The report stated that if RBI has printed the 90% of the currency before demonetisation it would have costed an additional cost of 500 crore. As compared to pre demonetisation period the currency flow in market is 84 percent.
|Currency||Cost in crores|
|Cost on coins||1500|
|Total cost||13000 Crore|
Points from SBI report
- According to the SBI report RBI got 15.44 lakh crore after demonetisation.
- RBI is printing notes of 200 rupees,if RBI prints notes of 500 denomination along with 200 denomination notes than it will increase its cost.
- SBI report says that RBI spent 6 rupees on the manufacturing of 10 rupee coin.
- On every 500 denomination note RBI spent 2.87 rupees to 3.09 rupees. However on every 2000 denomination note RBI spent 3.54 rupees to 3.77 rupees.
- “The demonetisation has and may continue to result in a slowing down of the Indian economy, which may adversely affect the Bank’s business,” it said.