Delhi govt allows reopening of 66 private liquor shops | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Delhi govt allows reopening of 66 private liquor shops – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Delhi govt allows reopening of 66 private liquor shops

The department further said that in case the shops which were allowed to operate comes under the containment zone in future, the same shall be closed immediately.

Published

on

liquor sales

New Delhi, May 23 : The Delhi government’s excise department has allowed reopening of 66 private liquor shops in the national capital from Saturday, but the shop owners have been asked to strictly adhere to the odd-even rule.

According to the department, the shops can operate between 9 a.m. and 6.30 p.m. on alternate days. The L-7/L-9 shops were only allowed to resume sale subject to certain conditions.

“They shall deposit 70 per cent special corona fee on total sales daily, which will be deducted from their ledger account linked with their Vend-ID in ESCIMS. They should, therefore, maintain the requisite balance in their ledger account,” the excise department said on Friday.

The department also asked the shop owners to strictly abide by the National Directives for COVID-19 Management and to take all possible measures including deployment of adequate number of guards, proper barricading, marking to ensure social distancing, in coordination with Delhi Police and local administration.

“In case of any un-scanned sale, the MSR Gap generated shall be treated as the stock sold and 70 per cent special corona fee shall be levied and payable at the same,” it added.

The department further said that in case the shops which were allowed to operate comes under the containment zone in future, the same shall be closed immediately.

India

Chinese troop withdrawal ‘positive’ but need ‘eternal vigil’: Congress

The disengagement between Indian and the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops happened as per the agreed terms in the corps commanders’ meeting.

Published

on

Anand Sharma

New Delhi, July 6 : Amid reports of Chinese troops’ withdrawal from the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh, former Union minister and Congress leader Anand Sharma termed it as a “positive” development and insisted that there is a need for “eternal vigil”.

“Disengagement and de-escalation on LAC is a priority. India must insist for pull back at Pangong Tso. There is need for eternal vigil,” said Sharma.

The head of foreign affairs department of the Congress also said that China needs to “realise that stability” and peace at the borders and restoration of status quo ante is a must to “rebuild trust.”

The Congress which has been critical of Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his handling of the Chinese transgressions at LAC and has accused him of misleading the nation, gave credit to the Indian Army for the Chinese pull back.

“Proud of our Army for standing firm in nation’s defence,” said Sharma.

Indian and Chinese troops have retreated two kilometres each along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Galwan Valley, where 20 Indian and an unknown number of Chinese soldiers were killed in a violent face-off last month.

Top official sources told IANS that both sides retreated two kilometres simultaneously on Sunday, following several rounds of talks which had begun after the clash on June 15.

The disengagement between Indian and the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops happened as per the agreed terms in the corps commanders’ meeting.

With the retreat from both sides, a four kilometre no-man zone has been created. “Four kilometres in the highly mountainous terrain like Galwan valley, deprives both sides to see each other’s installations and reinforcements,” sources said.

The two sides have also agreed, sources said, not to do any aerial surveillance of the retreated area, to rebuild trust which was badly damaged due to the June 15 clash.

Continue Reading

Cities

MahaJobs to play match-maker between Maha employers, jobless

Published

on

By

Uddhav Thackeray

Mumbai, July 6 : Amid spiralling unemployment in the Covid-19 pandemic, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Monday unveiled the ”MahaJobs” portal intended to connect employers and those looking for jobs.

However, with a key condition of ”Domicile Certificate”, a majority of the jobs are likely to go to the locals, in tune with the Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government”s sons-of-the-soil policy for employment.

“It”s a major step that will bridge the gap between the employers and those needing jobs, including skilled, semi-skilled or unskilled workers. All companies or employers and the job-seekers can register on the portal for their requirements,” Thackeray said.

He pointed out that during lockdown, many migrant workers have left for their home states, though some are now returning in trickles to various industrial centres.

“This implies that there is work and jobs are available, but the workers are not. This is where the MahaJobs portal will be helpful to all in a transparent manner,” the CM said.

Thackeray reiterated his appeal to companies and industries not to effect layoffs or pay-cuts, especially when the government is striving to create more employment opportunities, laying out the red-carpet for investors and industries in the state.

Industry Minister Subhash Desai said that job-seekers will provide all their relevant information, their qualifications and skills, required documentation including Domicile Certificate and the employers shall provide details of their requirements.

Unlike the erstwhile employment exchanges, the MIDC will ensure full help to both till the final process is completed with full transparency.

The MIDC has already identified 950-plus trades/skills for 17 sectors including IT, medicine, engineering, logistics, chemicals, etc. and the Skill Development Department will start short-term courses for those who desire to develop skills.

MahaJobs is a joint venture between the departments of Industry, Labour and Skill Development/Entrepreneurship intended to respond to the current crisis hitting both employers and job-seekers after the pandemic and lockdown.

Present on the occasion were Thackeray, Desai, ministers Dilip Walse-Patil, Nawab Malik, Aditi Tatkare, top officials like B. Venugopal Reddy, Dr. P Anbalagan, Harshdeep Kamble, officers from other departments and a large number of unemployed youngsters.

An MIDC official said that since several lakhs of migrants have left for their home states, there are huge job opportunities now available for the local people in the state and the portal – https://mahajobs.maharashtra.gov.in/ – will match the job-seekers with the job-givers for mutual benefit.

Continue Reading

Cities

Scribe suffering from Covid jumps off 4th floor of AIIMS, condition critical

The doctors at AIIMS claimed that the journalist was having hallucinations for the past one week. They also claimed that he was in depression.

Published

on

By

Coronavirus News

New Delhi, July 6 : A 37-year-old journalist, who had tested positive for Covid-19 a few days ago, jumped from the fourth floor of the AIIMS trauma centre where he was receiving treatment, doctors said on Monday. His condition is stated to be critical.

The police said that the journalist has been admitted to the ICU in critical condition. The doctors said that he has received multiple fractures. The incident occurred at around 2 p.m.

“The 37-year-old man was admitted to the Covid-19 ward in the Taruma Centre on the fourth floor on June 24,” DCP (South West) Devender Arya said.

The journalist was kept in the isolation room of the Covid-19 ward on the fourth floor of the trauma centre building. The hospital staff informed that an iron grill that covered the window of the toilet was found removed. “We assume that he jumped off the window after removing its grill,” said a hospital staff.

The doctors at AIIMS claimed that the journalist was having hallucinations for the past one week. They also claimed that he was in depression.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular