Delhi government to recommend CBI probe into Devansh’s death

The Delhi government will recommend the Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the death of 6-year-old Devansh Kakora on January 30. The remarks came after Devansh’s parents alleged that he was sexually assaulted before being done to death and his death was not an accident.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, who said that there were enough indications to suggest that it was a “heinous crime”, promised action against the guilty.

Ramheet Meena, father of Devansh Kakora who was a class I student at Ryan in south Delhi’s Vasant Kunj, said he saw cotton swabs on the child’s private parts and alleged that the principal of the school has warned the family that they should remain quiet over the issue. He renewed his demand for a CBI probe into the case.

“There was sexual assault. He was done to death,” he alleged.

“I saw the body. There were some injury marks and cotton on his private parts. The principal has been threatening me since the beginning saying that keeping quiet will be good for me,” he said, demanding cancellation of the school’s license.

However, a senior police officer, handling the probe, ruled out sexual assault on the basis of the initial post- mortem report and investigation so far.

Police sent notices to Ryan International Group’s Chief Administrative Officer Ryan Pinto and northern zone head Francis Thomas seeking details about the underground reservoir of the school where Devansh’s body was found floating on January 30.

An official privy to the investigation said they have also been queried on “charter of duty” related to responsibilities of the staff members employed by the school’s management and the protocol to be followed at times of emergency.

School’s principal Sandhya Sabu and four other staff were arrested by the police in the case. But all of them had got bail earlier this week.

Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, who has the education portfolio, said the magisterial probe into Devansh’s death indicated towards a “heinous crime” and that the investigation so far has “ignored” the observations of the child’s parents.

“The observations of the parents are being ignored that the private parts of the child had cotton on them. The report is indicating towards a heinous crime. And saying that he had a disorder amounts to running away from responsibilities,” Sisodia told reporters.

Sisodia termed as “conspiratorial” the alleged attempts on the part of the school management to give an impression that the six-year-old was a “special child”.

A magisterial probe ordered by the Delhi Government into the case said the “deliberate” inaction by the school authorities amounted to “gross criminal negligence” which led to the death of the child. It slammed the authorities for “insinuating” that he was a special kid.

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts