WeForNews | Latest News, Breaking News, News Updates Delhi court grants bail to former TERI chief R.K Pachauri and allows him to travel abroad. | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Delhi court grants bail to former TERI chief R.K Pachauri and allows him to travel abroad.

Published

on

RK Pachauri

Former The Energy and Resources Institute chief R K Pachauri, accused in a sexual harassment case, was on Monday granted bail and allowed to travel abroad once again by a Delhi court after he appeared before it.

Pachauri, who appeared before Metropolitan Magistrate Shivani Chauhan pursuant to the summon issued against him, was also allowed to travel to Mexico for conferences spanning a month.

“The investigation of the case is complete. Charge sheet has already been filed. He was never arrested during the investigation in the instant case which goes on to show that his custody is not required for the purpose of investigation. No fruitful purpose would be served by sending him to jail.

“The accused R K Pachauri is admitted to bail on furnishing a personal bond in the sum of Rs 50,000 with one surety of a like amount to the satisfaction of this court,” the magistrate said.

The court, which allowed Pachauri’s application filed through his counsel Ashish Dixit seeking permission to travel to Mexico, noted that he had been allowed to travel abroad on earlier occasions too and had complied with its directions.

“The accused has been granted permission to travel abroad on several earlier occasions and has complied with the directions given by the court. In these circumstances, the accused is permitted to travel as per his itinerary from July 12 to August 14 subject to furnishing of one local surety of Rs two lakh,” the court said.

Pachauri, who returned in New Delhi on July 5 from a nearly 20- day trip to Mexico, Norway, France and Switzerland, was also directed to furnish an undertaking that he shall appear in court in person or through counsel and not dispute his identity at a later stage.

He was also asked to file a copy of his travel tickets and intimate the court after his return or any changes in his travel itinerary, the court further said.

Pachauri, who has been allowed by the court to travel over a dozen times to various countries including USA, UK, China, Japan, France, Kazakhstan, Bolivia, Kuwait, Somalia and Saudi Arabia, during the pendency of the probe and proceedings, was summoned as accused by the court on May 14 after it took cognizance of charge sheet filed against him for allegedly sexually harassing an ex-colleague.

The court, while taking cognisance of the charge sheet, had said there was sufficient material to proceed against Pachauri under sections 354A (sexual harassment), 354B (assault against woman with intent to disrobe), 354D (stalking), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult modesty of woman) and 341(wrongful confinement) of the IPC.

“There are allegations against the accused that he made sexually coloured remarks upon the complainant on several occasions. He touched the complainant inappropriately despite a clear expression of disapproval from her side. He sent inappropriate SMSes and WhatsApp messages to the complainant,” the metropolitan magistrate had said.

The charge sheet, filed by Delhi Police on March 1, had arrayed 23 prosecution witnesses, many of whom are present and former employees of TERI.

Pachauri was granted an anticipatory bail in the case on March 21, last year.

On February 13, last year an FIR was registered against Pachauri on charges of sexual harassment under IPC sections 354, 354(a), 354(d) (molestation) and 506 (criminal intimidation).

Cities

Bihar: DGP reveals killing of Indigo Airlines station manager was over airport contract parking

Nitish Kumar has also taken full information about the investigation of the case. DGP said the police have almost completed the investigation into the Rupesh murder case.

Published

on

By

indigo airlines

The killing of Indigo Airlines station manager Rupesh Kumar Singh because of the contract at the airport. In Bihar, DGP Sanjeev Kumar Singhal has disclosed that Rupesh Singh was murdered because of the contract of airport parking. He said there was a big controversy over the contract. The DGP claimed that the police are very close to the revelations of the murderers in the case.

The DGP said that the police are examining all other aspects of the murder case. Nitish Kumar has also taken full information about the investigation of the case. He said the police have almost completed the investigation into the Rupesh murder case. DGP said the murder case was carried out by the contract killer.

The police have jointed all the open links of this incident. The entire development will be disclosed soon. DGP said that the airport parking contract is under thorough investigation.

Police interrogate female airlines employee

A special team of Patna police has questioned the female worker of another airline company. There was a dispute between the lady worker and the Rupesh about something. Later, the lady worker quit the job and joined another airline.

The police asked her the reason for the dispute. In addition, police have also questioned a former worker of Indigo Airlines. It came to the fore that the worker was removed from the job by Rupesh.

DIG said that the police have also questioned those who run the taxis at the airport stand. In fact, the police had come to know that there was a dispute over the stand a few days ago. The police, therefore, examined this aspect. However, during interrogation, any concrete motive did not come out in Police’s eyes.

Bihar: The raids for contract killers

Bihar Range IG said that the police team is engaged in solving this blind case. It is discovered that Rupesh has been murdered by the contract killers. Raids were launched at several places in their search. It is also being ascertained as to what is the cause of the incident. If the reason is known, the mastermind can also be easily reached.

Continue Reading

Cities

Alarming rise of crime against women in Assam: Congress

Assam Pradesh Congress Committee General Secretary Bobbeeta Sharma highlighted incidents of rape and violence in the recent past, including the alleged rape and killing of a teenager and her aunt in Dibrugarh district.

Published

on

Delhicrime-wefornews

Guwahati: The Assam Mahila Congress on Monday expressed concern over the “alarming increase” of crime against women during the last few years under the present BJP government.

The state has reported “the highest rate of crime against women for the last three years consecutively” and the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) statistics reveal that it is constantly increasing, Assam Mahila Congress president and MLA Nandita Das told reporters here.

Incidents of registered violence against women were 20,869 in 2016, which increased to 23,082 in 2017 and to 27,728 in 2018, while in 2019, it again reported the highest crime rate “at 177.8 per lakh population”, she said.

Assam Pradesh Congress Committee General Secretary Bobbeeta Sharma highlighted incidents of rape and violence in the recent past, including the alleged rape and killing of a teenager and her aunt in Dibrugarh district.

The girl was sleeping with her aunt, who was killed, and the girl was dragged out of the house, raped and then killed by the miscreants, Sharma alleged.

“A house is considered to be the safest place but under this government, even the four walls are not safe for women in Assam,” she said.

Sharma said the fact that such cases are increasing proves that the state government and its agencies have failed to instil fear among the perpetrators.

She added that the Congress in its manifesto for the forthcoming polls will include several measures for the protection of women, including a woman police battalion force and women cell in all police stations.

Continue Reading

Cities

13 labourers crushed to death by truck in Gujarat’s Surat district: Police

Six people, who suffered injuries in the accident, have been hospitalised.
Further details are awaited.

Published

on

Surat (Gujarat) [India], January 19 : Thirteen people from Rajasthan were crushed to death after they were run over by a truck in Surat’s Kosamba late Monday night, police said.

All the deceased were labourers hailing from Banswada district in Rajasthan, police said.

During the time of the incident, the labourers were sleeping on a footpath.

“A truck collided with a tractor loaded with sugarcane after which the driver of the truck lost control of the vehicle and drove it over the pavement where the labourers were sleeping,” CM Jadeja, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Kamrej Division, Surat said.

Six people, who suffered injuries in the accident, have been hospitalised.
Further details are awaited. (ANI)

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular