Delhi Air Emergency gets people to talk about solutions | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Delhi Air Emergency gets people to talk about solutions – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Health

Delhi Air Emergency gets people to talk about solutions

Published

on

pollution-

New Delhi, From wearing masks and staying indoors to working from home, suggestions to deal with the deadly air pollution in Delhi flooded Twitter on Sunday as people took to social media to vent their anger on politicians for their inactions.

“Keep those damned windows closed, y’all. Don’t go out. #DelhiAirEmergency #smog,” wrote one user. #DelhiAirEmergency and #DelhiPollution were among the top trends on Twitter on Sunday.

“Imagine if this is happening at Capital and still we are seeing such laziness from authorities. We can imagine how they will treat small cities/states. Just because all the major parties are at fault doesn’t mean it’s ok if you don’t take action. #DelhiAirEmergency,” wrote another user.

Some users even criticised teenage Swedish environment activist Greta Thunberg for not tweeting anything on the rising pollution levels in Delhi.

“All offices in Delhi and NCR should ask all employees to do work from home till this situation improves. It will help reduction in pollution level to some extent. #DelhiAirEmergency,” tweeted one user.

With a thick smog engulfing the Delhi airport and areas surrounding it, as many as 32 flights were diverted to nearby cities on Sunday.

The pollution in Delhi, however, did not stop some users from creating some very relevant and yet funny memes.

“Nahi bachega mai idhaar, mar jayega main,” read the caption of an image showing actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui from the Netflix series “Sacred Games”.
Several other users pointed to the health risks of breathing toxic air.

“I’m saying this again, and I will, till things improve, we really need to tackle #pollution in Delhi-NCR, or we’re simply just raising a generation with unhealthy lungs and a lifetime of breathing issues,” wrote one user.

Hospitals in the National Capital Region (NCR) have witnessed a rise in cases linked to respiratory and eye problems following the spike in pollution levels over the past one week. Exposure to air pollution is also very harmful for heart patients and kids.

“Exposure to certain chemicals post Diwali can trigger a variety of heart-related problems ranging from increased blood pressure or irregular heartbeat to heart attacks or even sudden cardiac arrest, especially amongst the elderly population,” Sundeep Mishra, professor of cardiology at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), said in a statement.

Entertainment

Kubbra Sait compares Covid-19 test with sex

Published

on

Kubbra Sait

Mumbai, Aug 14 : Actress Kubbra Sait jokes she has lost her virginity to the Covid-19 test, adding that it was not as bad as she imagined.

“I lost my virginity to the covid test. Really it wasn’t half as bad as my mind had conjured it to be. It was a quick in and out. Reminded me of a few ex lovers. It made me sneeze. Ok bye,” Kubbra tweeted.

However, the “Sacred Games” actress did not share the reason behind taking the test.

Earlier this year, Kubbra had shared that she feels people should stop whining about lockdown, adding that since it is not in our control the best thing is to “just chill out”.

“Stop whining about the lockdown, it makes no sense. It is not in your control. So please stop whining, it is not going to change if you whine a little more or little less today so just chill out,” Kubbra had said.

“I think, let us just accept what’s happening right now. I know it is an old cliche, but it works especially in the times that we are in right now,” she had added.

Talking about how her habit changed during lockdown, she said: “The thing is that I used to hate brushing. I always felt I have no time to brush my teeth. I used to be like who is going to spend five extra minutes to brush their teeth. So yeah, now I brush like three to four times a day and I am very proud of myself. I hope my dentist would be just as proud of me.”

Continue Reading

Health

Health Ministry official Lav Agarwal tests Covid-19 positive

Lav Agarwal has also served in Central teams assessing containment efforts in areas with high virus case load.

Published

on

Lav Agarwal-

Senior government bureaucrat and the face of televised briefings on coronavirus containment efforts by the Union health ministry, Lav Agarwal, has tested positive for the disease on Friday, according to a tweet posted by the Joint Secretary himself.

“Dear All, just to inform that I have tested positive for Covid 19 and initiating home isolation as per guidelines,” Agarwal tweeted.

He also requested all his friends and colleagues to self monitor their health status in line with the standard process.

“Requesting all my friends, colleagues for self monitoring. Contact tracing will be done by Health team. Hoping to see everyone soon,” said Agarwal ending his tweet.

Agarwal has also been part of Central teams inspecting the efficacy of containment efforts in states and areas with high viral case load incidents.

Agarwal is the latest in a long line of high ranking officials who have contracted the disease in the line of duty.

Earlier today, Union home minister Amit Shah announced that he had been cured of the disease after testing negative for the virus on Friday. Shah, discharged today from Medanta hospital in Gurgaon, will however remain in home isolation for a few days.

He also thanked the doctors and paramedical staff of the hospital, where he was admitted after he declared his coronavirus positive status on August 2.

In Kerala, at least 23 officials including Malappuram collector and superintendent of police tested positive for the disease after their involvement in operations to rescue passengers of Kerala air crash last Friday at Kozhikode. One of the passengers who died in the crash and two others who received injuries had tested positive for the disease two days after the crash.

Continue Reading

Health

EU Concludes Talks On Potential COVID-19 Vaccine Supply From Johnson & Johnson

Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said “our citizens’ lives and our economy” need a safe and effective vaccine.

Published

on

Covid 19 Vaccine

Brussels: The European Commission has announced that it concluded exploratory talks with Johnson & Johnson to purchase a potential vaccine against COVID-19.

Stella Kyriakides, Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, said in a statement on Thursday that the talks are intended to result in an Advance Purchase Agreement, which could enable all European Union (EU) member states to purchase the vaccine, as well as to donate to lower and middle-income countries or re-direct to countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), reports Xinhua news agency.

The statement said that the contractual framework would facilitate an initial purchase of 200 million doses on behalf of all EU member states, and could further purchase an additional 200 million vaccine doses.

Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said “our citizens’ lives and our economy” need a safe and effective vaccine.

She said the talks with the American pharmaceutical corporation have brought the union closer to this target.

In July, the EU announced it had concluded exploratory talks with French pharmaceutical company Sanofi aiming for a deal that could secure 300 million doses of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine for Europeans once it is developed and proven to be safe and effective against the coronavirus.

Europe has so far registered a total of 3,147,645 coronavirus cases, with 208,549 deaths, according to figures by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.