David Headley's Revelations:Pakistan silent,PM Modi to act | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs David Headley’s Revelations:Pakistan silent,PM Modi to act – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

David Headley’s Revelations:Pakistan silent,PM Modi to act

Published

on

As David Coleman Headley is revealing Pakistani terror secrets,the entire world including the super power is looking at Pakistan how the civilian government is busy gathering US financial aid  and business projects from China  and Islamabad’s Army in connivance with ISI and  terror groups operating in the country  are flourishing  and orchestrating attacks on India.

Now,Prime Minister Narendra Modi is armed with enough and concrete proofs  to question his counterpart Nawaz Sharif  about Pakistan’s Malicious designsafter the conspirator of 26/11 Mumbai attacks David Headley spoke about the role of Pakistan in the attacks.

Pakistan gave no or very little coverage to Headley’s testimony in which he more or less repeated what he had already told a US court.

Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley continued his deposition before a special Mumbai court . Deposing from an undisclosed location in the US, Headley is revealing the sequence of  events and planning behind the 26/11 terror attacks before special judge G A Sanap :

  • Pakistan’s main spy agency, the ISI, was involved in planning and executing the attacks which lasted for three days and left 166 people dead.
  • Headley said the ISI provided the LeT moral, financial and military support.
  • He also said that he had come to India to recce the spots they had planned to attack, including the Taj hotel and the Siddhivinayak temple.
  •    Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi told me about botched operation of Muzammil in India, he explained about the operation.
  •     David Headley names Ishrat Jahan before Mumbai Court, says she was a Lashkar suicide bomber.
  •    I provided photocopy of my passport to service provider to obtain and activate those mobile numbers.
  •    I used 2-3 mobile numbers between the period of 2006 to 2009 during my visit to India.
  •     While exchanging the emails with Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir I used to use code language.
  •    I was sending mails to Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir in Pakistan and was also receiving mails from them.
  •    My signatures are there at the entry book of Reliance webworld in Mumbai.
  •    I visited Reliance webworld on September 12, Oct 18 and 30, 2007 to access internet with login id – immigration.usa.
  •   I wanted to close down office in Jan 2009 post terror attack, Major Iqbal also wanted to close it. But Tahawwur Rana said he would like to continue and also took some steps.
  •    RBI refused to give permission to open a business account.
  •    An application was submitted to Reserve Bank of India to open a business account in India with signatures of Raymond Sanders.
  •   On July 16, 2008, I applied for extension of license (Mumbai office) to stay in premises and extension was granted.
  •  On November 1, 2006 headley opened an office  in Tardeo area of Mumbai, after signing agreement with landlord Bora.
  •    I received Rs 18000 from Abdur Rehman Pasha.
  •    Major Iqbal gave me counterfeit Indian currency 2-3 times.
  •    I received Rs 2000 in April 2008 and Rs 1500 in June 2008 from Major Iqbal.
  •     Before my visit to India, I received 25000 US Dollars from Major Iqbal and 40000 Pakistani rupees from Sajid Mir.
  • He also received various smaller sums of money every few months, often in counterfeit Indian notes from Major Iqbal.
  • All of the money came into IndusInd Bank’s Nariman Point branch.
  • Headley said Rana had visited Mumbai before the attack and that he asked Rana to return to safety in the US.
  •        I received Rs 17636 On November 30 and 1000 US dollars on December 4, 2006 from Tahawwur Rana.
  •    On November 7, 2006, I received 500 US dollars from Tahawwur Rana.
  •     On October 11, 2006, I received Rs 66,605 from Tahawwur Rana when I was in Mumbai.
  • But will Headley’s new testimony about the ISI’s “direct involvement” in the Mumbai assault increase the pressure on Pakistani authorities to crack down on the LeT and its leaders?

    David Coleman Headley was granted pardon by a Mumbai special court and made an approver and a witness in the case against plotter Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal.

    Headley was pardoned on the condition that he make full disclosure of the criminal conspiracy behind the attacks as well as his role and those of others in it.

    With pleas for his extradition repeatedly denied, Headley (55) appeared before the court through video-conference from an undisclosed location in the United States where he is serving a 35-year jail term for his role in the attacks.

 

India

COVID-19: Sanitisation drive taken up at Parliament

After an inspection by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in Parliament House, the Lok Sabha Secretariat had previously conducted a similar exercise on March 21.

Published

on

By

Parliament of India

New Delhi, May 30 : In the face of six novel coronavirus cases reported in Parliament so far, different civic agencies on Saturday undertook a sanitization drive in all buildings of the British-era complex.

Central Public Works Department (CPWD), New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) and other agencies participated in the drive that included sanitization of all indoor and outdoor areas, individual offices, restrooms, and all common areas.

After an inspection by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in Parliament House, the Lok Sabha Secretariat had previously conducted a similar exercise on March 21.

On that occasion, Birla said that awareness and restraint are key to corona prevention.

Thereafter, several such exercises were undertaken on a periodic basis.

In the exercise held on Saturday, CPWD, NDMC and other allied agencies, working within the Parliament, used specialized equipment and strong chemical disinfectants like Sodium Hydrochloride to ensure sanitation in and around Parliament.

The sanitation drive was conducted as a precautionary measure and to minimize contact between officials working within the complex. Currently, as per Lok Sabha Secretariat orders, a certain number of officers and staff are required to work from home.

Continue Reading

India

Govt in lockdown exit mode limits curbs to containment zones till June 30

Night Curfew shall continue to remain in force on the movement of individuals for all non-essential activities. However, the revised timings of the curfew will be from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Published

on

By

delhi hotspot coronavirus

New Delhi, May 30 : The Centre on Saturday took an exit step from the 68-day nationwide lockdown, declaring that the restrictions will be limited only to containment zones up to June 30 and that the prohibited activities will be opened in a phased manner in areas outside these zones, allowing restaurants, malls, religious places and education sectors to open in a phased manner.

Applicable from Monday, June 1, the fresh order issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) spoke of the expanded fresh guidelines a day ahead of the end of lockdown 4.0.

“In exercise of powers under section 6 (2) (i) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has directed the undersigned to issue an order to extend the lockdown in containment zones up to June 30, and reopen prohibited activities in a phased manner in areas outside the containment zones,” the order read.

“Therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred under section 10 (2)(l) of the Disaster Management Act 2005, it is directed that the guidelines will remain in force up to June 30. With effect from June 1 to June 30, the lockdown 5.0 will be limited only to containment zones and only a elimited number of activities will remain prohibited throughout the country'”, it added.

As per the order, international air travel, operation of Metro Rail, cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, and political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural and religious functions, and other large congregations will remain prohibited.

Based on extensive consultations held with the states and Union Territories (UTs), the guidelines have allowed all activities that were prohibited earlier in areas outside the containment zones in a phased manner, with the stipulation of following the standard operating procedures (SOPs), to be prescribed by the Health Ministry.

The Covid-19 pandemic has so far infected over 1.73 lakh people in India, claiming the lives of 4,971 people across the country.

During lockdown 5.0, in Phase I, religious places and places of worship, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services, and shopping malls will be permitted to open from June 8. The Health Ministry will issue SOPs for the above activities, in consultation with the Central ministries, the concerned departments and other stakeholders, for ensuring social distancing.

In Phase II, schools, colleges, educational, training and coaching institutions will be opened after consultations with the states and UTs.

As per the MHA order, state governments and UT administrations have been advised to hold consultations at the institution level with parents and other stakeholders. Based on the feedback, a decision on the re-opening of these institutions will be taken in July.

In Phase III, dates for their opening will be decided based on the assessment of the situation.

The lockdown shall continue to be implemented strictly in the containment zones. These will be demarcated by the state and UT governments, after taking into consideration the guidelines issued by the Health Ministry.

Within the containment zones, strict perimeter control shall be maintained and only essential activities will be allowed. There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods.

No separate permission, approval or e-permit will be required for such movements. However, if a state or UT, based on reasons of public health and its assessment of the situation, proposes to regulate movement of persons, it will give wide publicity in advance regarding the restrictions to be placed on such movements.

Night Curfew shall continue to remain in force on the movement of individuals for all non-essential activities. However, the revised timings of the curfew will be from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.

States and UTs, based on their assessment of the situation, may prohibit certain activities outside the containment zones, or impose such restrictions as deemed necessary.

Vulnerable persons such as persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes, the order said.

Continue Reading

Cities

20 new containment zones formed in Delhi; 122 total

Covid cases in the national capital crossed the 18,000 mark on Saturday.

Published

on

By

covid lockdown delhi

New Delhi, May 30 : The number of Containment Zones in the national capital rose to 122 on Saturday with 20 new being formed in the last 24 hours, according to Delhi Government.

Among the 20 new containment zones, one is in East, three in North, three in south-east and 13 in West zone.

The highest 24 containment zones are in the North district. The South East has 17 containment zones while the South district has 12 zones.

Among those having the least zones is the New Delhi district with three zones.

The South West has 12 such zones while the North West districts has 13 containment zones.

The Central district has seven zones and the North East district has four zones while Shahdara district has eight zones.

Six containment zones are in the East district.

So far, total 53 zones have been de-contained, as per the data shared by the Delhi government on Saturday — the highest 12 from the West district. On Saturday, three zones were freed — two in the south-east district and one in the South district.

Covid cases in the national capital crossed the 18,000 mark on Saturday.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular