As David Coleman Headley is revealing Pakistani terror secrets,the entire world including the super power is looking at Pakistan how the civilian government is busy gathering US financial aid and business projects from China and Islamabad’s Army in connivance with ISI and terror groups operating in the country are flourishing and orchestrating attacks on India.
Now,Prime Minister Narendra Modi is armed with enough and concrete proofs to question his counterpart Nawaz Sharif about Pakistan’s Malicious designsafter the conspirator of 26/11 Mumbai attacks David Headley spoke about the role of Pakistan in the attacks.
Pakistan gave no or very little coverage to Headley’s testimony in which he more or less repeated what he had already told a US court.
Pakistani-American terrorist David Coleman Headley continued his deposition before a special Mumbai court . Deposing from an undisclosed location in the US, Headley is revealing the sequence of events and planning behind the 26/11 terror attacks before special judge G A Sanap :
- Pakistan’s main spy agency, the ISI, was involved in planning and executing the attacks which lasted for three days and left 166 people dead.
- Headley said the ISI provided the LeT moral, financial and military support.
- He also said that he had come to India to recce the spots they had planned to attack, including the Taj hotel and the Siddhivinayak temple.
- Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi told me about botched operation of Muzammil in India, he explained about the operation.
- David Headley names Ishrat Jahan before Mumbai Court, says she was a Lashkar suicide bomber.
- I provided photocopy of my passport to service provider to obtain and activate those mobile numbers.
- I used 2-3 mobile numbers between the period of 2006 to 2009 during my visit to India.
- While exchanging the emails with Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir I used to use code language.
- I was sending mails to Tahawwur Rana, Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir in Pakistan and was also receiving mails from them.
- My signatures are there at the entry book of Reliance webworld in Mumbai.
- I visited Reliance webworld on September 12, Oct 18 and 30, 2007 to access internet with login id – immigration.usa.
- I wanted to close down office in Jan 2009 post terror attack, Major Iqbal also wanted to close it. But Tahawwur Rana said he would like to continue and also took some steps.
- RBI refused to give permission to open a business account.
- An application was submitted to Reserve Bank of India to open a business account in India with signatures of Raymond Sanders.
- On July 16, 2008, I applied for extension of license (Mumbai office) to stay in premises and extension was granted.
- On November 1, 2006 headley opened an office in Tardeo area of Mumbai, after signing agreement with landlord Bora.
- I received Rs 18000 from Abdur Rehman Pasha.
- Major Iqbal gave me counterfeit Indian currency 2-3 times.
- I received Rs 2000 in April 2008 and Rs 1500 in June 2008 from Major Iqbal.
- Before my visit to India, I received 25000 US Dollars from Major Iqbal and 40000 Pakistani rupees from Sajid Mir.
- He also received various smaller sums of money every few months, often in counterfeit Indian notes from Major Iqbal.
- All of the money came into IndusInd Bank’s Nariman Point branch.
- Headley said Rana had visited Mumbai before the attack and that he asked Rana to return to safety in the US.
- I received Rs 17636 On November 30 and 1000 US dollars on December 4, 2006 from Tahawwur Rana.
- On November 7, 2006, I received 500 US dollars from Tahawwur Rana.
- On October 11, 2006, I received Rs 66,605 from Tahawwur Rana when I was in Mumbai.
But will Headley’s new testimony about the ISI’s “direct involvement” in the Mumbai assault increase the pressure on Pakistani authorities to crack down on the LeT and its leaders?
David Coleman Headley was granted pardon by a Mumbai special court and made an approver and a witness in the case against plotter Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal.
Headley was pardoned on the condition that he make full disclosure of the criminal conspiracy behind the attacks as well as his role and those of others in it.
With pleas for his extradition repeatedly denied, Headley (55) appeared before the court through video-conference from an undisclosed location in the United States where he is serving a 35-year jail term for his role in the attacks.