Cardiff, June 13 : Amazingly chasing an easy target of 212 runs Pakistan beat England by 8 wickets to qualify for finals in the Champions Trophy 2017.
Earlier, England were anticipated to face a strong pace attack against Pakistan in semis but visitors bowled fantastically and changed the scenario by setting an easy target of 212 runs for themselves.
Lets see, now who will made its spot in finals as its all depends on strikers and bowling of England.
Pakistan won the toss and elected to bowl first against England in the race to enter in finals.
Here are the Updates :
- Alex Hales and Jonny Bairstow began the proceeding for England, while Junaid Khan bowled the first over for Pakistan.
- In the maiden over, England scored 5 runs.
- Big blow for Pakistan, as they dismissed Alex Hales just for 13 runs.
- England at 52 fo 1 Score after 10 overs.
- After 20 overs, Eoin Morgan led squads at 93 with loss of two wickets.
- At the end of 30 overs, England’s score 136 with 3 on stumps.
- England at 169-6 in the end over 40 overs.
England : 1 Alex Hales, 2 Jonny Bairstow, 3 Joe Root, 4 Eoin Morgan (capt), 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jos Buttler (wk), 7 Moeen Ali, 8 Adil Rashid, 9 Liam Plunkett, 10 Mark Wood, 11 Jake Ball.
Jonny Bairstow replaced Jason Roy as Alex Hales’ opening partner.
Pakistan : 1 Azhar Ali, 2 Fakhar Zaman, 3 Babar Azam, 4 Mohammad Hafeez, 5 Shoaib Malik, 6 Sarfraz Ahmed (capt, wk), 7 Imad Wasim, 8 Rumman Raees, 9 Shadab Khan, 10 Hasan Ali, 11 Junaid Khan.
Rumman Raees is the replacement of Pak’s flamboyant player Mohammad Amir as he is out due to back injury, while Shadab Khan has replaced Fahim Ashraf.