June 18, Sunday : India and Pakistan match has its fan following across the globe as millions of people have always their eyes glued on television sets whenever the arch rivals face off each other. The same scene will be witnessed in today’s epic finals of ICC Champions Trophy at the Oval.
Its always an eventful high voltage match between the arch rivals. This time is expected much more as both of the teams are led by splendid captains , as India’s Virat Kohli who reclaimed the top spot in latest ICC ODI rankings , while on other hand flamboyant player Sarfaraz ahmed.
Here we bring some of interesting facts India vs Pakistan Cricket Match ahead of the Champions Trophy final.
- This will be the first time India and Pakistan will face off in the Champions Trophy final.
- India are eyeing to clinch their third title, while Pakistan their maiden.
- Champions Trophy 2017 has witnessed seen several twists and turns as for the first time three Asian teams made their spot in the last four of the tournament.
- The last time arch rivals, India and Pakistan played a one-day international was during the 2015 World Cup. Match was won by India.
- In group stage tournament which was held on June 4 attracted more than 200 million viewers, as per BARC rating.
- For finals, viewership is anticipated to be 30-40 percent higher.
- Television advertising rates for today’s high voltage match are expected to cost nearly 10 million rupees against 1 million rupee, according to Rupert Murdoch’s Star Sports.
- India and Pakistan last played bilateral series in 2012-13, in which Pakistan visited to India.
- In 2007, ICC World Twenty 20, India v Pakistan at Johannesburg, India won by 5 runs.
- India and Pakistan played semi finals in 2011, in which India won by 29 runs.