Including farmer loan waive and electricity to all the farmers the Congress Manifesto for Gujarat election released on Monday seems to be very attractive.
The party said its main focus is to provide relief and support to farmers in the state.
Here are the Highlights of the manifesto.
- Sardar Patel Universal Healthcare Card to be given to all people, Rajiv Gandhi Pharmacy network, a chain of pharmacy stores to provide subsidized medicines, to be set up across the state.
- Farm debt to be waived off. Farmers to get 16 hours electricity.All farmers to be given electricity connection.
- Special Investigation Teams (SIT) to be set up to probe BJP government’s corruption
- Fixed pay system, contractual system in government and semi-government jobs to be abolished
- Petrol and diesel pieces to be slashed by Rs 10 per liter in Gujarat
- A special bill to be brought in the Assembly to provide quotas to those who are not presently entitled to any quota. Quota given to OBC, ST, and SC will not be touched. Patidars to get quota under a special category.
- Media club will be set up and media persons to be provided subsidized houses. Also, a corpus to be created to help journalists and their family members in case of critical illness.