Child among 5 new cases in Rajasthan, total cases 348 | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Child among 5 new cases in Rajasthan, total cases 348 – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Child among 5 new cases in Rajasthan, total cases 348

Published

on

Coronavirus

Jaipur, April 8 (IANS) Five more positive cases were reported in Rajasthan on Wednesday, including a 4-year-old child in Jaipur, taking the total cases to 348 in the state with death toll six, health officials said.

While one new patient was reported in Bikaner, a 21-year-old male who came in contact with a corona positive Tablighi Jamaat member, the second is a 50-year-old female from Banswara. She was in contact with previously reported positive case, said Additional Chief Secretary Rohit Kumar Singh.

Three new cases reported from Jaipur include 40-year-old female, four-year-old girl and a female whose age is yet not known, he said.

Out of three cases, two are from Ghat Gate area and one from Ramganj — all contacts of previously positive cases. Jaipur now has 111 positive cases (incuidng two Italians) out of which over 90 cases are from Ramganj.

Around 10 out of these are contacts of Tablighi Jamaat, and others are friends and relatives and contacts of a person who returned from Oman in March and did not follow quarantine norms.

Similarly, Jodhpur has 30 positive patients in the city. As many as 36 evacuees from Iran have also tested positive here.

The third new hostpot is Jhunjhunu where 23 patients have been tested positive.

Tonk has 20 cases, Bikaner 15, Jaisalmer 14, Churu 11, Kota 10, Banswara 10, Bharatpur 8, Dausa 6, Dungarpur five, Ajmer and Alwar five each, Udaipur four, Pratapgarh 2, Pali 2, and Karalu, Sikar, Nagaur, Dholpur one each.The state has reported six corona deaths — two in Bhilwara, and one each in Jaipur, Alwar, Bikaner, and Kota.

India

Chidambaram hails decision to skip Ganesh fest amid Covid pandemic

Published

on

P Chidambaram

New Delhi, July 1 : After it was announced that the iconic Lalbaugcha Raja Ganesh idol in Mumbai will not be established during the upcoming 11-day Ganeshotsav starting August 22 in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, senior Congress leader and former Union Minister P. Chidambaram on Wednesday hailed the decision taken by the organisers.

“I congratulate the organisers of the annual Ganesh festival for the decision to call off the celebrations this year and instead organise a plasma donation camp over the 11 days,” Chidambaram said in a statement.

Earlier, while announcing its decision to cancel this year”s annual event that draws unprecedented crowd each year, the Lalbaugcha Mandal informed that instead of celebrating the Ganesh festival, it has decided to celebrate it as a health festival. Apart from organising blood donation camps and running a campaign for plasma donation, it has also decided to donate Rs 25 lakh to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for fighting the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Ganesh idol at Lalbaugcha in Mumbai’s Parel area is considered to be the tallest in the city and is among the biggest crowd-pullers.

Continue Reading

India

Congress slams eviction notice to Priyanka Gandhi

He said, “the land was to be vacated from the Chinese but government chose to vacate a house in Delhi.”

Published

on

By

Priyanka Gandhi Vadra

New Delhi, July 1 : Congress leaders have reacted sharply on the eviction notice served to party General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra though sources close to her said she will comply with the notice.

The government on Wednesday asked Priyanka, daughter of interim Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, to vacate her government accommodation at 35, Lodhi Estate here within a month as she is no longer on the list of protectees of the Special Protection Group (SPG).

Jitin Prasada, Congress working committee member said, “I fail to understand the timing of the government”s actions however Priyanka Gandhi is on a mission to fight and work for the people of UP and is unfazed and not bothered by these diversionary tactics.”

Another Congress leader Rajiv Shukla said it’s unfair and quoted former Prime Minister IK Gujral that ruler should be large-hearted.

He said, “the land was to be vacated from the Chinese but government chose to vacate a house in Delhi.”

Congress leader Vishwanath Chaturvedi said this is a new low in politics and the Modi government has insulted a “daughter of a martyr”. Congress leader Naseeb Pathan demanded that newly elected member in Rajya Sabha KC Venugopal should resign and Priyanka Gandhi should be sent to Rajya Sabha.

Secretary AICC Dheeraj Gurjar said “those who could not evict Chinese are bent on evicting Priyanka Gandhi , remember Indira Gandhi too was evicted but later on those responsible had to lose their seat.”

The government in an order said that it has cancelled the accommodation allotted to Priyanka with the direction to vacate the house within one month.

Continue Reading

India

Priyanka to vacate 35 Lodhi Estate bungalow within time

The government has maintained that she is not entitled to a government accommodation, but the Congress sees it as an act of revenge after Priyanka Gandhi started taking the government head on.

Published

on

Priyanka Gandhi Congress

New Delhi, July 1 : After being served an eviction notice by the government here on Wednesday, sources close to Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi said she would vacate the house within the stipulated time.

“The government had earlier withdrawn the Special Protection Group (SPG) cover, which was necessary given the security threat as her father and grand mother (both Prime Ministers) were assassinated,” sources said.

The struggle against both (Narendra) Modi and Yogi (Adityanath) would go on, a source said and added, even Indira Gandhi had to go through such phases.

The government has maintained that she is not entitled to a government accommodation, but the Congress sees it as an act of revenge after Priyanka Gandhi started taking the government head on.

The government on Wednesday asked Priyanka Gandhi, daughter of party chief Sonia Gandhi, to vacate her government accommodation of 35 Lodhi Estate within a month as she was no longer in the list of Special Protection Group (SPG).

In its order, the government said the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had informed vide its communication dated June 30 that Priyanka Gandhi had been assigned ”Z plus” security with the CRPF cover on all-India basis, which did not have any provision for allotment or retention of government accommodation.

“In view of this, she is no longer entitled a government accommodation and her allotment has been cancelled by the Directorate of Estate on July 1, 2020 with the direction to vacate the house within one month,” the order said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular