Centre grants 5,300 refugee families from Pak Rs 5.5 lakh each | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Centre grants 5,300 refugee families from Pak Rs 5.5 lakh each – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Centre grants 5,300 refugee families from Pak Rs 5.5 lakh each

Published

on

pakistani hindu migrants in india

New Delhi, Oct 9 : Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar on Wednesday said the Centre will give financial support of Rs 5.5 lakh each to 5,300 refugee families that had migrated to Jammu and Kashmir from Pakistan.

Briefing mediapersons following a cabinet meeting, Javadekar said: “The first lot of refugees came to India after Partition and the second lot came after the accession of Kashmir to India, and then many refugees from Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). The Prime Minister in 2016, had already announced a package of Rs 5.5 lakh to the refugees families.”

Explaining the delay in providing the financial assistance to these families, Javadekar said they had initially opted to move outside the state of Jammu and Kashmir, but later returned, and finally settled in the state. The rehabilitation package was approved by the Cabinet in November 2016.

He said that many families had initially gone to Kashmir, but later they settled in other states.

“Injustice was done with them, but now we have brought justice for them. I think it will be welcomed in Kashmir. 5,300 families will gain the financial assistance of Rs 5.5 lakh. A historical wrong has been corrected”, Javadekar said.

Business

Govt must tell forward plan to the country: Congress

Applicable from Monday, June 1, the fresh order issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) spoke of the expanded fresh guidelines a day ahead of the end of lockdown 4.0.

Published

on

Randeep Surjewala

New Delhi, May 31 : On the last day of the lockdown 4.0, the Congress has questioned the government on its strategy and plan to control the coronavirus infection, exit route out of the lockdown to revive the economy and a way forward.

Chief Spokesperson of the Congress, Randeep Surjewala said, “Today, we witnessed biggest ‘Single Day Spike’ in #COVID19 infection of 8,380. Total Infection at 1,82,490.”

He asked, “The fifth Lockdown begins tomorrow and Congress posed 4 questions to the government — What is the Govt strategy? Have the Lockdowns failed? Is there a blueprint to fight Corona? Any plan out of economic havoc?”

The party has been questioning the persistent lockdown without any exit plan which was implemented on March 25.

The Centre on Saturday took an exit step from the 68-day nationwide lockdown, declaring that the restrictions will be limited to only containment zones up to June 30 and that the prohibited activities will be opened in a phased manner in areas outside these zones.

Applicable from Monday, June 1, the fresh order issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) spoke of the expanded fresh guidelines a day ahead of the end of lockdown 4.0.

The nationwide lockdown was imposed on March 25 with the announcement of the restrictions by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic. The lockdown was extended thrice earlier.

Continue Reading

Cities

Continue strict enforcement of measures in containment zones: Delhi LG

Published

on

By

Delhi L-G Anil Baijal

New Delhi, May 31 : Delhi Lt. Governor Anil Baijal on Sunday directed the officials concerned to ensure continued strict enforcement of health and other measures in containment zones in the national capital as per central government guidelines.

In a series of tweets, he said that he had held a meeting on the ongoing coronavirus situation in Delhi with the Chief Secretary and other senior officials, including Municipal Commissioners, and reviewed steps taken to ramp up health infrastructure in Delhi keeping in mind various scenarios.

The total coronavirus cases in the city had crossed 18,000-mark on Saturday.

Continue Reading

Cities

Delhi Police ASI dies of COVID-19, second casualty in force

“He was found COVID-19 positive on May 28 and was admitted at BASE Army hospital in Delhi Cantonment area the same day.”

Published

on

Delhi Police Security Traffic

New Delhi, May 31 : A 54-year-old Assistant Sub-Inspector of Delhi Police has succumbed to COVID-19, officials said on Sunday.

The death of Shesh Mani Pandey, deployed as the fingerprint expert in the Crime Branch, marks the second casualty in the force due to the deadly infection.

According to Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Sanjay Bhatia, the officer tested positive on May 26 at the Lady Hardinge hospital after he complained of fever and cough.

“He was found COVID-19 positive on May 28 and was admitted at BASE Army hospital in Delhi Cantonment area the same day.”

Pandey was an ex-Army personnel and joined Delhi Police on November 1, 2014. He belonged to Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh.

Earlier, a constable posted at Bharat Nagar Police Station in northwest Delhi passed away due to the viral infection.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular