Kejriwal says CBI raids at his office, dubs Modi a 'coward' | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Kejriwal says CBI raids at his office, dubs Modi a ‘coward’ – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Kejriwal says CBI raids at his office, dubs Modi a ‘coward’

Published

on

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday claimed the CBI has raided his office in central Delhi and launched a no holds barred attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying he was resorting to “cowardice”

The Chief Minister, who is involved in a prolonged tussle with the Centre, accused the Modi government of resorting to vendetta politics and came down heavily on the agency for the raids at Players Building

“CBI raids my office,” Kejriwal tweeted

“When Modi cudn’t handle me politically, he resorts to this cowardice. Modi is a coward and psychopath,” he said in another tweet expressing his anguish over the raids

CBI Spokesperson said the searches were being conducted at the office of the Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar and that details would be shared later

Sources said that a team of CBI officials went to the Delhi Secretariat, which houses office of Kejriwal and other ministers in the morning and conducted the search in the third floor of the building

They said the search may be in connection with the multi-crore CNG fitness scam

Sources said that there were allegations that Kejriwal’s Principal Secretary was linked to the scam but the senior IAS officer as well as AAP government have been rejecting the charges

The third floor of the secretariat also houses Kejriwal’s offce

The AAP government has been locked in a running feud with the Centre over the control of important functions like law and order, police and land.

Entertainment

Ayushmann replies to Mumbai Police’s ‘Gulabo Sitabo’ inspired meme

This is not the first time Mumbai Police has used a reference from a Bollywood film to create awareness.

Published

on

By

Gulabo Sitabo

Mumbai, May 27 : Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana has replied to the COVID-19 meme inspired by his upcoming film, “Gulabo Sitabo”, which has been shared by Mumbai Police.

Mumbai Police on their official account tweeted a still from the film, featuring Ayushamann with his co-star Amitabh Bachchan.

The caption, in Marathi, read: “Home is yours, land is yours, choice is yours, but for going out, permission is ours, for your safety. The safest place to stay away from Coronavirus is your haveli. Do not go out without any reason. Stay safe”

Ayushmann replied to the tweet: “Agdi barobar @DGPMaharashtra Police Gharat Surakshik, baher sadhya nahi (absolutely true Maharashtra Police, home/staying indoors is safe, outside isn’t).”

This is not the first time Mumbai Police has used a reference from a Bollywood film to create awareness.

Previously they have tweeted with stills and dialogues from films like “Main Hoon Na” and “Stree” among many others.

Continue Reading

India

Delhi Gymkhana Club fights MCA attempts at control, NCLT reserves order

Published

on

By

Delhi Gymkhana Club

New Delhi, May 27 : A host of disgruntled members, who lost elections, and applicants, who were denied membership, including a former high ranking member of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), launched a tirade against one of the oldest club in India, said the Delhi Gymkhana Club fighting back a petition by MCA seeking its managements control.

The Centre, through an urgent petition moved by MCA, had alleged “fraudulent and rampant mismanagement” by the general committee of the club, besides others, and sought to take over the management control under section 241 and 242 of the Companies Act, 2003.

The club has refuted MCA’s allegations that the affairs are being mismanaged by its general committee. The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has reserved the order on the matter.

The club said many disgruntled members’, including Krishna Varma and others, complained against it after having lost the election. Responding to the complaint of Navrang Saini, former high-ranking member in the MCA, the club said it is facing the heat from MCA, after it denied him membership. The club termed MCA’s letter recommending filing a petition against it a “lazy job”.

The written submissions, filed by advocate Gaurav Liberhan on behalf of the club, argued that the MCA merely repeated the word “fraud” several times in its petition, yet it failed to establish fraud.

“Fraud must be specifically pleaded, and the manner of the fraud has to be specifically brought out in the pleadings. This allegation is bereft of pleadings and even otherwise there is no fraud,” argued Liberhan, insisting it is a company by the members and for the members. An outsider to the company even otherwise had neither any locus nor any right to interfere in the internal management of the company, he added.

The club insisted that the MCA failed to establish what is the public interest involved and how the affairs of the company are being run prejudicial to public interest. Citing an authority letter, which was used to file the petition, it said the club letter shows no application of mind or formation of an opinion and it is simply a poor cut and paste job/direction of the Inspector.

“The club functions in terms of its Objects and there is absolutely no misuse of the land for which it holds a perpetual lease under a valid document,” argued the club.

Responding to the membership row, the club said the applicants’ money is refundable on demand and since the monies have been given voluntarily by the applicant, without any promise of time for grant of membership to the applicant by the club, the question of payment of interest does not arise.

The club argued that the present General Committee (GC) is duly elected by its members and all the allegations in the MCA’s petition relate to a period prior to the present GC got elected and since there is no other prayer in the petition, the same ought to be dismissed outright.

Continue Reading

India

Tamil Nadu govt should present new budget for FY21: MK Stalin

According to Stalin, many small scale units have been closed for over 60 days due to lockdown and workers have lost their jobs.

Published

on

By

Mk Stalin

Chennai, May 27 : The Leader of the Opposition in Tamil Nadu Assembly and the DMK President M. K. Stalin on Wednesday demanded the Tamil Nadu government present a revised budget for FY21 considering the revenue impact due to the coronavirus spread.

In a statement issued here Stalin said the estimates and allocations announced in the state budget for 2020-21 presented in the Assembly on February 14, this year has all changed now owing to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

As a result, the state budget has to be redrawn, he added

Stalin said question mark hangs over the state’s estimate of its own tax revenue of Rs 1.33 lakh crore for the FY21 out of total tax revenue of Rs 2.19 lakh crore.

According to Stalin, many small scale units have been closed for over 60 days due to lockdown and workers have lost their jobs.

He said it is imperative to reassess the budget 2020-21 presented earlier and draw a new one.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular