Connect with us

India

CBFC gave green signal to Bhansali’s Padmavati, can be released with new title!

Published

on

padmavati

New Delhi: Censor board has given the green signal to Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s much-awaited film Padmavati. Film can be released soon with some changes. According to Sources that the censor Board has accepted some objections from the review committee.In the meeting held on December 28, the committee had given some suggestions on the film.

The aim of the board is to end the controversy over the film.The board also created an Advisory Panel. After getting comments from the Review Committee and Advisory panel, the board has accepted the suggestions as necessary to end the dispute.

According to sources, the review committee objected to the title of the film ‘Padmavati’ and Ghumar Dance and advised to change it. According to the sources, it is assumed. Sources also told that the board agreed to give the UA certificates to the film. The producers must also have a disclaimer in the film.

The decision was taken after an examining committee meeting was held on Thursday (30th December) in presence of CBFC chief Prasoon Joshi. The special panel consisted of Arvind Singh from Udaipur, Dr Chandramani Singh and professor K.K. Singh of Jaipur University.

According to the CBFC, the film was approached with a “balanced view keeping in mind both the filmmakers and the society”. The board asked for several cuts, and a name change, before giving the film the certification for showing in theatres in India. According to some reports, 26 cuts were ordered.

Considering the complexities and concerns around the film, the requirement for a special panel was felt by CBFC “to add perspective to the final decision of the official committee,” the CBFC said.

The final 3D application of the film was submitted to CBFC on Thursday (December 28).

The certificate will be issued once the required modifications are carried out and final material submitted, the board said.

“Padmavati”, which was earlier slated for release on December 1, got embroiled into controversies after the Karni Sena, an organisation of the Rajput community, urged a nationwide ban on the film claiming that it “distorts historical facts”.

Members of the political organisation also physically assaulted Bhansali during the film’s shooting in Jaipur earlier this year. They even burnt the sets of the movie in outskirts of Mumbai.

After CBFC clears  Bhansali’s ‘Padmavati’ with UA certificate, the former CBFC chairman Pahlaj Nihalani said that,  The film faced so many controversies even before people saw it. This decision could have been taken before the film was opposed by people & political parties in several states.

He also said that, this film was sidelined by CBFC & it raises question on the Censor Board. Producers suffered such huge losses because of the cuts. Vote bank politics has obviously been done, the film is being seen after elections. Chairman faced pressure from the ministry.

Later on, Bhansali appeared before a Parliamentary committee and maintained that the row over the yet-to-be released movie was just based on rumours, strongly rejecting charges that he had distorted “historical” facts about the possibly mythological Rajput queen, played by Deepika Padukone in the film.

The row took an ugly turn when threats were issued against Bhansali and Deepika.

“Padmavati” also features Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor.

with inputs from IANS

India

Pulwama fallout: Security of 18 separatists, 155 politicians in J&K withdrawn

Published

on

Jammu kashmir Mirwaiz Umer Farooq
The security cover of four senior separatist leaders -- Mirwaiz Umer Farooq, Shabir Shah, Professor Abdul Gani Bhat and Bilal Lone were already withdrawn on Monday. (Photo Credit- Reuters)

Jammu, Feb 21: The Jammu and Kashmir administration on Wednesday withdrew security of 18 separatists and 155 political persons in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack on February 14 in which over 40 CRPF troopers were killed.

An order issued by the Home Department late on Wednesday said security cover of separatists and some mainstream politicians was also being withdrawn/downgraded apart from those that were initially withdrawn on February 18.

As per the new order, the new list includes names from the National Conference, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Bharatiya Janata Party and the Congress.

Some of them are Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik, former IAS officer Shah Faesal and PDP leader Waheed Para.

“Over 1,000 personal security guards and 100 vehicles provided to the secured persons are being withdrawn,” officials said here.

The security cover of four senior separatist leaders — Mirwaiz Umer Farooq, Shabir Shah, Professor Abdul Gani Bhat and Bilal Lone were already withdrawn on Monday.

The decision to cut down heavily on separatist leaders’ cover was taken in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack when an explosive-packed SUV rammed into a bus of a Central Reserve Police Force convoy on the Jammu-Srinagar highway killing 40 paramilitary troopers on the spot in the worst-ever terror attack in the state since militancy struck there in 1989.

IANS

Continue Reading

India

Women, children used to ferry Pulwama explosive: Intelligence sources

Published

on

CRPF troopers killed in suicide attack in Pulwama

New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) Women and children helped terrorists to ferry the deadly explosive RDX grade 5 (for military use) and ammonium nitrate from transit point Tral in Pulwama district in south Kashmir in carrying out a suicide attack on a CRPF convoy on February 14, intelligence sources told IANS.

More than 40 Central Reserve Police Force troopers were killed when a local suicide bomber, Aadil Dar, rammed his SUV into a bus carrying the troopers from Jammu to Srinagar.

The sources said the trigger for the explosive was manufactured locally and that ammonium nitrate was used as an oxidizer in the RDX explosive.

The attack took place on Jammu-Srinagar highway near Latoomode in Pulwama around 3.33 p.m. on February 14, stunning the over 2,500 troopers who were part of the convoy.

The military grade RDX was procured from across the border and the device was assembled around 10 km from the blast site, the sources said.

Continue Reading

India

Farmers Nashik-Mumbai Protest March begins for loan waiver, minimum support price

Published

on

Mumbai, Feb 20 : Members of All India Kisan Sabha have started their march from Nashik to Mumbai against the Modi government and the state government for not fulfilling various demands of farmers and tribals of the state.

Accusing the government of not fulfilling the promises made to them last year,the AIKS said, “A year has passed, but the government has not executed the promises it made. There is dissent among the farmers.”
“Hence, a long march will be taken out again against this betrayal by the Centre and state government,” it said.

The farmers demands include immediate drought relief, loan waiver , MSP at one and a half the full cost of production.

The farmers will reach Mumbai on February 27, the AIKS said in a statement after its meeting.
The meeting of ALL India Kisan Sabha and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has failed,”That meeting was inconclusive. Till now, only half of the farm loan waiver disbursements have taken place. The government had announced a package of Rs 34,000 crore. Only Rs 17,000 crore has been disbursed. Where is the rest of the money? Our farmers haven’t received it. The chief minister gave us evasive answers, saying some terms and conditions will have to be changed. That will take time. Also, barely any step has been taken to control drought. Maharashtra has been hit by a severe drought. Farmers have to sell their cattle and move out of their homes for jobs. We also demand completion of infrastructure projects,”Farmer leader Ashok Dhavale, who represents the All India Kisan Sabha, said the government was brazenly repressing the leaders.

Continue Reading

Most Popular