Connect with us

India

Cabinet extends ITI Ltd’s quota for procurement by BSNL, MTNL

Provision of procurement quota from BSNL, MTNL and BBNL will provide further boost to-the order book of ITI and help in improving its financial health

Published

on

BSNL

New Delhi, Nov 8 : The Union Cabinet on Thursday extended the procurement quota of government-owned telephone equipment maker ITI Ltd for procurements made by the public sector companies of BSNL, MTNL and Bharat Broadband Network Ltd (BBNL) for three years.

“BSNL, MTNL and BBNL would be requested to extend the benefit of procurement quota to ITI for a period of three years,” the Communications Ministry statement said.

According to the statement, the cabinet decided “to continue the Reservation Quota policy for ITI Ltd by reserving 30 per cent of the procurement orders placed by BSNL, MTNL and BBNL for ITI for the products manufactured by it”.

It also approved reservation for those outsourced items in which there is a minimum 12 per cent value addition by ITI during 2018-19 and 16 per cent value addition in 2019-20 and 20 per cent value addition in 2020-21, the statement said.

“Provision of procurement quota from BSNL, MTNL and BBNL will provide further boost to-the order book of ITI and help in improving its financial health,” it said.

The cabinet also approved reservation of 20 per cent of the orders for the turnkey projects like GSM network roll-out, WiFi and others of BSNL, MTNL and the BharatNet project of BBNL.

The validity of reservation benefit extended to ITI expired on May 31, 2018.

India

Justice AK Sikri recuses from plea challenging Nageshwara Rao’s appointment

Published

on

AK Sikri

New Delhi, Jan 24: Justice AK Sikri on Thursday withdrew himself from hearing a plea by filed by NGO Common Cause challenging M Nageshwara Rao’s appointment as interim CBI Director.

Justice Sikri recused from the proceedings on NGO Common Cause plea, citing “predicament” and “personal reasons”.

A bench headed by Justice Sikri listed the matter for Friday (January 25) before a different bench.

Earlier, Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi on Monday recused himself from hearing the petition as he is a member of the Selection Committee to choose a new CBI Director.

The NGO moved the Apex Court against the appointment of Rao on January 14.

In a writ petition, the NGO represented by senior counsel Prashant Bhushan, said that “The appointment of Nageshwara Rao as interim CBI Director was apparently not made on the basis of recommendations of the high powered selection committee. The order dated January 10, 2019 states that the appointment committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Nageshwara Rao ‘as per the earlier arrangements’.

“However, this earlier arrangement i.e. order dated October 23, 2018 making Rao the interim Director, had been quashed by this court vide order dated January 8, 2019 as it was made in violation of the procedure for appointment of CBI Director as defined in the DPSE Act,” it added.

WeForNews

Continue Reading

India

Jammu and Kashmir: Pakistan violates ceasefire at four locations on LoC

Published

on

Srinagar, Jan 25: Pakistani troops on Thursday violated ceasefire at four locations along the Line of Control in Poonch and Rajouri sector of Jammu and Kashmir.

WeForNews

Continue Reading

Election

We will continue to use EVMs, VVPATs: CEC Sunil Arora

Published

on

Sunil Arora

New Delhi, Jan 24: Amid ongoing controversy over Electronic Voter Machines, Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora on Thursday made it clear that EVMs and VVPATs will be used for the upcoming 2019 Lok Sabha elections.

“I would like to make it very clear that we are not going back to the era of ballot papers”, said Arora while addressing an event in the national capital.

The Chief Election Commissioner further stated that the poll panel will continue to use EVMs and VVPATs.

In wake of EVM Hackathon, Arora Said “We are open to any criticism and feedback from any stakeholder including political parties”.

“At the same time, we are not going to be intimidated, bullied or coerced into giving up these and start era of ballot papers” he added.

His statement comes days after a row triggered by a ‘hackathon’ was conducted in London by a US-based self-proclaimed cyber expert.

The “cyber expert”, named Syed Shuja, had made a sensational claim that the 2014 general elections were rigged.

WeForNews

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular