New Delhi, Feb 6, 2017: With high drama on the unexpected demise of former union minister and Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) E Ahamed, the Budget session of Parliament is set to enter in its sixth day on Monday.
On Monday, congress MP K C Venugopal and Revolutionary Socialist Party MP N K Premachandram moved an adjournment motion in Lok Sabha over E Ahamed’s death before House proceedings began.
Speaking to media, Premachandran said, “Gave adjournment motion in Lok Sabha. Hospital staff showed grave disrespect and announcement of his death was delayed.”
- BJP MP Giriraj Singh on Ram Mandir issue: “When and how it will be built, only time will tell. But if not in Ayodha, where will it be built? Pakistan?”
- House panel must probe E Ahamed’s death, demands opposition.
- After E Ahamed’s death was reported, the opposition wanted that the budget is delayed by a day but the government accused the opposition of continuously disrupting the sessions.
- A parliamentary committee should inquire the death of E Ahamed. A detailed inquiry should be made and all those who tried to hide his death should be punished: Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge.
- Congress VP Rahul Gandhi joins protest over the issue of #EAhamed’s death by MPs from Kerala inside Parliament complex.
- TMC stages protest against the government in front of Gandhi statue inside Parliament complex.
- Congress Lok Sabha strategy meeting to take place at 10:30 am in Parliament.
- House convenes, Congress and Left MPs stage walkout.
- After the opposition force adjournment, Parliament has been adjourned till 12 noon.