New Delhi, March 10, 2017: The Parliament is set to witness its second day of the second leg of Budget session on Friday. The Congress has given a notice in Lok Sabha on LPG and petrol rise issue.
On the first day, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh had praised the step of Saifullah’s father not to accept the body of his “traitor” son, who was killed in joint operations by Uttar Pradesh Police and Anti-terrorism Squad (ATS).
The Lok Sabha on Thursday passed The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill 2016, due to which women in organised sector would be entitled to paid maternity leave of 26 weeks, up from 12 weeks. This would benefit about 1.8 million women.
- CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury gives suspension of business notice in Rajya Sabha over ABVP and Ramjas row.
- Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) Parliamentary Board meeting likely to be held tomorrow at 4 PM.
- Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav sad the “We have information that the original Exit Polls on Uttar Pradesh were changed under pressure by channels a few days back.” He added that the “Alliance is winning the elections.”
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 02:30 pm.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh issues statement on Lucknow shootout in Rajya Sabha, says around eight suspects have been arrested in the case.
- Even Saifullah’s father have decided not to accept his son’s face. The entire country is proud of his father, he says.
- Rajnath also assures NIA probe in Lucknow shootout incident.
- After Home minister statement, Congress leader Digvijay Singh said: “Terrorism cannot be compromised.”
- Opposition condemns Delhi University protests.
- The whole House(Rajya Sabha) will be proud of the sentiments of Saifulla’s father: PJ Kurien, Deputy Chairman.
- Lok Sabha adjourned for 10 minutes amid slogan-shouting by some AIADMK MPs demanding CBI probe into Jayalalithaa’s death.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Sahayak System that “Army has been told to work out a mechanism to ensure the particular complaint is addressed.”
- Parrikar also speaks up on Lance Naik Roy Mathew case that “Police is investigating the issue independently.”
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that “Acts like Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) and Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) amended to fight black money.”
- Jaitley also spoke about beleaguered business tycoon Vijay Mallya’s assets and said that “New laws to tackle people like Mallya will be introduced soon.”
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 11:20 AM amid uproar.