New Delhi, Feb 8, 2017: The Budget session of Parliament enters its sixth day and Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to reply on Presidential speech in Rajya Sabha today.
However, both the Houses are expected to witness protest from the MPs of Trinamool Congress on the pain caused to the people due to notes ban.
On Tuesday, PM Modi replied on Presidential speech in the Lok Sabha. In his address, he took a dig at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on his ‘earthquake’ jibe.
He strongly defended his government’s decision to scrap high-value currency notes, asserting that the timing of the decision was perfect as the economy was doing well and hit out at Congress whose record he questioned with regard to various issues.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaking on President’s address:
- Small countries like South Korea and Malaysia are models for us when it comes to cleanliness.
- I was surprised that people made fun of the Swachh Bharat Mission also.
- No government sleeps. Even the last government didn’t. I said from the ramparts of Red Fort that all PMs, governments help India get she is. No other PM said that.
- Attacks on my party, our govt, on me understandable but why was RBI governor dragged into this, it was not good.
- We will have to be tough on people cheating the system, only then the hands of the poor will be strengthened.
- Anand Sharma was asking why are you spending crores on Digital tech. Not a single extra penny was spent in development of BHIM app.
- Congress MPs stage a walkout in Rajya Sabha over PM Modi’s remark on former PM Manmohan Singh.
- Uproar in Rajya Sabha over PM’s remark on Manmohan Singh.
PM Modi on Demonetisation:
- Over 7.6 lakh citizens have received reward money worth Rs. 117 crore in 45 days for embracing Digital Payment.
- For almost 35 years, Manmohan Singh had a lot of influence on country’s economic policies.
- Worlds’ economists don’t know parameters to assess it.What India did will be a case study for economists worldwide.
- Sarkar aur janta saath saath the is waqt mein.
- You quote foreign economists, I can quote 10 of them on the fact that such an action hasn’t been taken in the world ever.
- For the first time, a horizontal divide was visible. The mood of the people completely different from the mood of politicians.
- Banks ke paas bohot paisa aaya, byaaz dar ghati.
- In 40 days almost 700 Maoists surrendered during the period of November-December. This happened for the first time.
- Kerala MPs stage a protest in front of Gandhi statue inside Parliament House complex over Father Tom issue.
- TMC MPs stage a protest in front of Gandhi statue inside Parliament House complex on Demonetisation.
PM Narendra Modi to reply to the debate on the motion of thanks to President’s address in Rajya Sabha, later today.
TMC leader Derek O’Brien on Notes ban:
- TMC MPs to protest at Gandhi statue in Parliament and will raise the issue in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha on pain and suffering caused by demonetisation.
- Three months since #demonetisation notice, pain and suffering of people still not over. The economy under the complete mess.
- TMC MPs to hold the protest at Gandhi statue in Parliament at 10:30 am Demonetisation.
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi attends Lok Sabha proceedings in the Parliament.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi attends Lok Sabha proceedings in the Parliament.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2 PM.