Relish your urge by getting indulge in exploring rich and bountiful Turkey in reasonable expenditure.A visit to Turkey promises an enchanted vacation as it offers stunning scenery, beautiful coastline, history, art, culture and rich culinary experience. One can experience different cultures and architectures as Turkey,located between Eastern Europe and Western Asia, was ruled by Persians, Romans, Greeks, Byzantines, and Ottomans.
10,000 years old history of Turkey offers several world famous ruins and historical monuments. From the ancient port city of Ephesus to the Byzantine dome of Aya Sofya, Turkey has several other monuments giving glimpses of several empires which ruled the region in ancient times. Turkey was also a critical stopover for the ancient Silk Road between the East and the West.
Culture and Art of Turkey
Turkish culture is extremely diversified and unique. Probably this is the only country which is offering extreme cultures of the East and the West. Turkish culture is rich and diverse, the culture has formed from its deep roots in the Middle East, Antolia and Balkans which have been a cradle of many civilizations for thousands of years. Turkish folk dances, music and traditional theatre are popular and give an introduction to countries rich cultural legacy. Traditional Turkish carpets, ceramic tiles, pottery have been popular art for centuries.
Turkish cuisine is one of most varied in the world and is considered as one of the top cuisines in the world. Turkish cuisine always has a element of surprise for the visitors. Turkish people are extremely passionate about their food, the cuisine draws influence from all corners of former Ottoman Empire and each region of the country boasts its own specialty. Food is usually spicier and richer in south and east whilst west has more olive oil, seafood and vegetable dishes.
Food in Turkey is first and foremost part of any social occasion. From home cooked meals shared by family and friends to religious and celebration feasts or food sold by roadside sellers or restaurants, food is a critical part of the Turkish society and lifestyle.
Learn about Turkey’s nature and distinct geography from breathtaking natural beauties, unique landscapes and plants, to rich lush green forests, turquoise coasts and beautiful pristine beaches.
Diverse landscapes of Turkey
Turkey offers diverse landscapes and a distinct geography from breathtaking naturel beauty to unique landscapes, rock formations, lush green forests, turquoise coasts along with pristine beaches. These landscapes leave a lasting impression on the visitors.
- People – Turkish people are usually very sweet and would be very kind and helpful to visitors. At times some of them will go out of their way to help people.
- The Hammams – These are traditional ancient bath houses, one can get the trained masseur to scrub and clean and it is unbelievable to see how much dirt and dead skin comes off ones body during the scrubbing process. The Hammam therapy is extremely relaxing.
- Food – Turkish cuisines is considered as one of the best in the world, offers a variety of Kebabs, stews, shwarmas, soups, pizzas, breads and regional specialties, meals are usually served with Mezze.
- Wander the Off beaten path – Turkey is a large country and Eastern parts are virtually tourist free, one can explore the various off beaten paths.
- Value for money – As a small portion of Turkey is a part of Eastern Europe, traveller’s usually assume that this is a expensive destinations, however Turkey is quite reasonably priced and can cater to Backpackers or high end luxury visitors and competitive prices.
Jay Kantawala, Founder of WIYO travel said, currently the political situation in Turkey is relatively calm and it is safe to visit Turkey. Turkey has always been a popular destination and attracts variety of traveller’s as the destination appeals to traveller’s with different interests. We would highly recommend Turkey as a Holiday destinations as it is unique and offers great value for money vacations with direct connectivity from Mumbai and Delhi.