Seasonal changes are the times when people are more prone to falling ill. But integrative nutritionist and gut health coach Payal Kothari has tips at hand to help you boost immunity and stay fit, no matter what the weather.
- Your go-to drink: Start your day with coconut water, instead of tea. Let a natural drink, and not a concoction, be the first thing you put in your body.
- Breath of life: Pre and post sleeping, concentrate on inhalation and exhalation just for 2 minutes to clear your thoughts and start your day fresh.
- Drink your superfluids: 16 ounces of celery juice can detox your kidneys and make your body alkaline and increase your productivity.
- Your immunity booster: Sip warm water with ginger wedges and mint leaves to keep the flus and virus at bay.
- Drum away inflammation: Consume drumsticks as much as your can, and creatively. Use the beans and leaves in soup, sambhar and buddha bowls. You can also blend moringa powder in your smoothies or drink it like a shot with aloe vera juice.
- Ditch the treadmill: Indulge in creative workouts like the prowl, which is inspired by animal movements that engage all your body muscles. Exercises like prowl and zumba help you burn more calories and are way more fun than aimlessly walking on a treadmill.