'Black Panther' star Danai Gurira: I'm hoping for racial justice | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs ‘Black Panther’ star Danai Gurira: I’m hoping for racial justice – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

‘Black Panther’ star Danai Gurira: I’m hoping for racial justice

Published

on

Danai Gurira

Los Angeles, July 7 : “Black Panther” star Danai Gurira says she is “daring to hope for racial justice”, and is determined to fight for it.

In an interview to Women’s Health magazine, the actress says she is “inspired” to “keep going” by remembering the “labour of those who have come before”, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

“Concerning the fight for racial justice, a fight that so many have devoted their lives to over so many years, a fight that has stubbornly refused to be won, I’m daring to hope. This is a moment that could bring about some real change and honour the labour of those who have come before. I desire to help that change come to pass in any way I can. That’s what inspires me to keep going,” she said.

Gurira, 42, wants to see “sustainable reforms” put in place to help fight racial prejudice.

She said: “We need sustainable reforms. I’d like to see anti-racism popularised in our culture, our society, language, commonality and ultimately throughout the system. That would allow for true justice to be the norm and not the exception.”

The ‘Walking Dead’ actress also stressed on the importance of self-care routine.

“Self-care is very important. I think it’s crucial, too, and I think it’s also something that sometimes, as women, we have to figure out how to make that so. Because we’re such givers, we’re nurturers, but we’re just making ourselves our best selves, so we can do the other things even better,” she explained, adding: “(Women) aren’t encouraged to understand how powerful their bodies can be. I love it when women find their power. I love it when I find a different ability in my body that I didn’t know I could find or I could learn … I always encourage any young women I speak to to explore that part of yourself … Find the thing you enjoy – and it might be lifting weights, it might be boxing.”

Entertainment

Kick 2: Jacqueline Fernandez to star opposite Salman Khan

Producer Warda Nadiadwala announced on Tuesday that Jacqueline Fernandez will play the female lead opposite Salman Khan in his next film, Kick 2.

Published

on

jacqueline salman kick2

Jacqueline Fernandez got another reason to celebrate on her birthday on Tuesday (August 11) as producer Warda Nadiadwala announced that the Mrs Serial Killer actress will play the female lead opposite Salman Khan in his next film, Kick 2. The producer took to social media to make the announcement. Jacqueline turned 35 yesterday.

Sharing a montage video featuring Jacqueline Fernandez, Salman Khan and Sajid Nadiadwala, Warda Nadiadwala wrote, “Here is your BIRTHDAY GIFT that will be remembered Forever! @Asli_Jacqueline overjoyed to FORMALLY announce that #SajidNadiadwala locked the script at 4 am this morning & has written an exceptional role for you! @BeingSalmanKhan’s #Kick2 rolling soon Welcome Back! @NGEMovies (sic).”

While it was earlier announced that Salman Khan will be playing the lead role in Kick 2, the name of the female lead was not revealed. In January, Kick 2 director Sajid Nadiadwala had told PTI, “We are yet to lock the female co-star, post which we will start working on the shoot dates. Kick 2 will happen in December 2021. I am in a process to finish writing the script.”

Earlier in the day, Salman Khan also took to social media to wish Jacqueline a happy birthday. Sharing a photo of himself with the actress, he wrote, “Happy bday Jacky . . Wish u all d happiness @jacquelinef143 (sic).”

Salman Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez earlier shared screen space in Kick, which released in 2014. Directed by Sajid Nadiadwala, it was the official Hindi remake of Telugu film of the same name.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Majeed Memon: Sushant was not as famous during his lifetime as after death

Published

on

Majeed Memon

Mumbai, Aug 12: Nationalist Congress Party leader and senior criminal lawyer Majeed Memon has called out the media clamour around the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, saying that publicising every minute development adversely affects truth and justice. Memon is being criticised by a section of social media for his comment.

“Sushant was not as famous during his lifetime as he is after his death. The space in media he is occupying nowadays is perhaps more than our PM or President of US,” Memon wrote on his official Twitter handle.

“When a crime is at investigation stage, secrecy has to be maintained. Publicising every development in the process of collecting vital evidence adversely affects the interest of truth and justice,” he added.

His tweets were met with mixed reaction, with many taking offence to his posts.

Reacting to the adverse reaction to his views, Memon wrote: “There is so much noise on my tweet on Sushant. Does it mean that Sushant was not popular during his lifetime or that he should not get justice? Certainly not. Misinterpretation should be avoided. The tweet does not in any way insults or belittle him.”

On June 14, Sushant was found dead in his flat in Mumbai, with police declaring his death as suicide. The late actor’s family subsequently lodged an FIR charging his actress girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and her family for abetment to suicide among other charges.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sanjay Dutt diagnosed with lung cancer

Earlier on Tuesday afternoon, as the news spread that the 61-year-old actor may have cancer, Dutt had taken to social media to urge well-wishers not to worry or unnecessarily speculate.

Published

on

sanjay dutt

Mumbai, Aug 11 : Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt has been diagnosed with lung cancer, it was revealed on Tuesday.

The news was confirmed by trade analyst and film industry insider Komal Nahta on Tuesday night.

“Sanjay Dutt diagnosed with lung cancer. Let’s pray for his speedy recovery,” tweeted Nahta on his verified Twitter account, @KomalNahta.

According to reports, Dutt will fly to the US for treatment soon.

Earlier on Tuesday afternoon, as the news spread that the 61-year-old actor may have cancer, Dutt had taken to social media to urge well-wishers not to worry or unnecessarily speculate.

“Hi friends, I am taking a short break from work for some medical treatment. My family and friends are with me and I urge my well-wishers not to worry or unnecessarily speculate. With your love and good wishes, I will be back soon,” he tweeted on his verified account, @duttsanjay.

Dutt’s health came into focus last Saturday evening when he was rushed to hospital in Mumbai after complaining of chest discomfort and breathlessness. The actor had subsequently been discharged from hospital.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.