Bihar: Nearly 100 students fall sick after consuming dinner in hostel

Mid Day Meal

Patna, July 13: Nearly 100 students have fallen sick apparently due to food poisoning at a government-run residential school in Bihar’s Lakhisarai district, an official said.

Soon after consuming dinner at their hostel late on Thursday, students of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Barahiya complained of uneasiness, the district official said.

They complained of stomach pain, nausea and loose motion. Many also vomited, following which they were admitted to a government hospital for treatment.

Parents who reached the school after receiving information about their wards have alleged poor quality food is being served at the school.

Lakhisarai District Magistrate S.K. Choudhary said that 10 students have been referred to the Sadar hospital after their condition deteriorated.

Choudhary has assured them that there would be a probe into the incident.

WeForNews

Total
8
Shares
Related Posts