Bhima Koregaon Violence: Police releases pictures of suspects involved in killing of youth | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Bhima Koregaon Violence: Police releases pictures of suspects involved in killing of youth – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Bhima Koregaon Violence: Police releases pictures of suspects involved in killing of youth

Published

on

Bhima-Koregaon violence

Pune, June 8: The Pune Police on Friday released pictures of suspects involved in the death of a youth Rahul Fatangale during Bhima Koregaon Violence.

Superintendent of police (SP), Akkanouru Prasad told ANI, “We released pictures of the suspects who were involved in attacking the youth with stones and sticks. Also, a video clip was found and based on that, we arrested three people from Ahmednagar district.”

“There are many people who were involved in the violence. Their faces are not clear in some of the pictures we released. We have not been able to identify them. The investigation is going on”, he added.

So far, five people have been arrested by the Pune police in connection with the Bhima-Koregaon violence have links with Naxals, Pune Joint Commissioner of Police Ravindra Kadam said on Thursday.

Among those arrested include Surendra Gadling, Sudhir Dhawale, Rona Jacob Wilson, Shoma Sen and Mahesh Raut.

Yesterday, the Pune Court sent all the five arrested, including activist Rona Wilson and lawyer Surendra Gadling, to police custody till June 14.

The disturbances erupted in the village of Bhima-Koregaon on January 1 during the 200th-anniversary celebrations of the Anglo-Maratha War which witnessed the army of Peshwa Bajirao II being defeated by a small force of the East India Company that comprised a large number of Dalits.

That afternoon, several lakhs of Dalits had congregated around the Victory Pillar (Vijay Stambh) erected by the British in Sanaswadi village when suddenly people started pelting stones allegedly by some right-wing groups carrying saffron flags

In the clashes that triggered between the two groups, more than 30 vehicles, including buses, police vans and private vehicles, were set on blaze or vandalised and one youth, Rahul Fatangale, 28, of Nanded lost his life.

The Bhima-Koregaon incident was followed by a crippling Maharashtra bandh on January 3, organized by the Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh, led by Prakash Ambedkar.

WeForNews 

India

Why shall CBI’s appeal in 2G case be given priority over pending matters: Advocate to HC

He further argued that allowing the application for early hearing shall be against the interest of justice, as the respondents shall not get adequate opportunity as the records run into lakhs of pages.

Published

on

By

CBI Headquarters

New Delhi, Sep 21 : While the Delhi High Court on Monday was hearing an application seeking early hearing in the 2G spectrum case, the accused persons, including former Telecom Minister A. Raja, businessman Shahid Balwa and others, opposed the said application filed by the CBI and the ED.

When the matter was being heard by Justice Brijesh Sethi, Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Sanjay Jain informed the court that the matter is of public interest and since Justice Sethi is due to demit his office on November 30, the court may hear the matter expeditiously.

Responding to the arguments, the counsels appearing for the various accused persons opposed the plea moved by the agencies. Advocate Manu Sharma, appearing for A. Raja, argued that there was no reason to grant an out-of-turn, urgent hearing to the appeals moved by the CBI and the ED amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Advocates Vijay Aggarwal, Mudit Jain and Ashul Agarwal, representing Shahid Balwa and several others, too opposed the said petition and stated that the CBI has not explained as to why the appeal filed by them should be given precedence/preference over other appeals.

“Why is the appeal so important and be given this much priority when there are several pending matters wherein the accused persons are languishing in jail,” Aggarwal argued.

He further argued that allowing the application for early hearing shall be against the interest of justice, as the respondents shall not get adequate opportunity as the records run into lakhs of pages.

“However, to address the arguments, each person will not even get 0.89 day to argue his or her case as the concerned judge is scheduled to demit his office. Justice hurried is justice burried,” Aggarwal said.

The court will now hear the matter on Tuesday.

The probe agencies, both CBI and ED, had moved the court in March 2018 challenging the trial court’s order which had acquitted all the accused persons in the 2G spectrum case. In 2017, a special CBI court acquitted all the 18 accused, including A. Raja and K. Kanimozhi.

The scam came to light almost seven years ago when the Comptroller and Auditor General in a report held then Telecom Minister A. Raja responsible for causing the state exchequer a loss of Rs 1,76,379 crore by allocating 2G spectrum licences at throwaway prices.

However, the trial court found that the prosecution failed to prove the charges. This verdict, however, didn’t override the Supreme Court judgement or take away from the fact that the licences issued during 2G spectrum allocation were illegal.

Continue Reading

India

Encounter on between terrorists, security forces in Kashmir’s Budgam

“Encounter has started at Charar-i-Sharief area of Budgam. Police and security forces are on the job,” police said.

Published

on

By

Jammu and Kashmir Shopian Indian Army

Srinagar, Sep 21 : An encounter is underway between terrorists and security forces at Charar-i-Sharief in central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Monday, officials said.

The firefight took place after security forces cordoned off the area and launced a search operation on the basis of specific information about presence of terrorists. As the security forces zeroed in on the spot where terrorists were hiding they came under a heavy volume of fire that triggered the encounter.

“Encounter has started at Charar-i-Sharief area of Budgam. Police and security forces are on the job,” police said.

Continue Reading

India

PM Modi to address IIT Guwahati’s convocation on Tuesday

As many as 1,803 students including 687 B.Tech and 637 M. Tech students will be obtaining degrees.

Published

on

By

Narendra Modi

New Delhi, Sep 21 : Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the convocation of IIT, Guwahati on Tuesday through video-conferencing.

Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, his deputy Sanjay Dhotre among others will also join in.

As many as 1,803 students including 687 B.Tech and 637 M. Tech students will be obtaining degrees.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.