WeForNews | Latest News, Breaking News, News Updates Babul Supriyo admitted to AIIMS after accident, stable | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Babul Supriyo admitted to AIIMS after accident, stable

Published

on

Babul Supriyowefornews

New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) Minister of State for Urban Development Babul Supriyo was on Friday admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) after suffering minor injuries during a road accident here.

Supriyo, who received injuries to his hand and chest, is said to be in stable condition, doctors said.

“Babul Supriyo has been admitted to AIIMS. However, there is nothing to worry as he received only minor injuries,” said a senior doctor at AIIMS.

He said that Supriyo was driving a two-wheeler when he got injured near Moti Bagh. The exact cause is not clear.

“He will be under observation for some time before getting released,” the doctor told IANS.

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj is also admitted at AIIMS since last week after suffering from chest congestion and high fever.

Cities

Post violence, Lal Quila metro station closed, entry to Jama Masjid station restricted

“Services at Delhi Metro stations, which were closed yesterday, had resumed late night. Lal Quila station has been closed again and entry to Jama Masjid station is restricted as of now. Normal services are there at all other stations,” a senior DMRC official said.

Published

on

Delhi Metro violet

A day after violence broke out during the farmers’ tractor parade in the national capital, Delhi Metro authorities on Wednesday shut the Lal Quila station and restricted entry to the Jama Masjid station amid heavy security deployment at the Red Fort.

A large number of metro stations in central, north and west Delhi areas, including Lal Quila, ITO, Jama Masjid, Delhi Gate, Indraprastha, were shut on Tuesday soon after the tractor parade had taken a violent turn.

“Services at Delhi Metro stations, which were closed yesterday, had resumed late night. Lal Quila station has been closed again and entry to Jama Masjid station is restricted as of now. Normal services are there at all other stations,” a senior DMRC official said.

Security has been beefed up in several places across the national capital especially at the Red Fort and farmer protest sites, with deployment of additional paramilitary forces following the violence.

Delhi Metro also took to social media to inform commuters.

First it tweeted in the morning that “Entry gates of Lal Quila metro station are closed. Exit is permitted at this station. All other stations are open. Normal services on all lines”.

Later in another tweet, it updated that “Entry/exit gates of Lal Quila metro station are closed. Entry gates of Jama Masjid metro station are closed”.

Average waiting time at Saket metro station on Yellow Line was 35 minutes. In case of any fluctuations in crowd, the waiting time will be informed accordingly, the DMRC had informed in another tweet.

However, in a successive tweet, it said: “Peak Hour Update The average waiting time for Saket has normalised”.

The Delhi Metro currently operates on a network of about 390 kilometres with 285 stations spanning 11 corridors (including NOIDA – Greater NOIDA).

The tractor parade on Tuesday that was to highlight the demands of the farmer unions to repeal three new agri laws dissolved into anarchy on the streets of the city as tens of thousands of protesters broke through barriers, fought with police, overturned vehicles and hoisted a religious flag from the ramparts of the iconic Red Fort.

Continue Reading

Cities

Delhi Police detains 200 people in connection with tractor rally anarchy

According to police, the detained people are being questioned. Police said they are likely to detain and question more people in connection with Tuesday’s violence in the national capital.

Published

on

Delhi Police Security

The Delhi Police has detained 200 people in connection with the violence during the farmers’ tractor rally on Republic Day, officials said on Wednesday.

According to police, the detained people are being questioned. Police said they are likely to detain and question more people in connection with Tuesday’s violence in the national capital.

Tens of thousands of farmers broke barriers to storm the national capital on Tuesday, their tractor parade to highlight their demands dissolving into unprecedented scenes of anarchy as they fought with police, overturned vehicles and delivered a national insult – hoisting a religious flag from the ramparts of the Red Fort, a privilege reserved for India’s tricolour.

The Delhi Police has registered 22 FIRs so far in connection with the violence that left over 300 policemen injured, officials said on Wednesday.

Continue Reading

Cities

Uttar Pradesh: FIR against 3 journos for ‘mischievous’ report

Published

on

By

author journalist

Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Jan 27 : An FIR has been filed against three journalists in Kanpur Dehat district for alleged ‘public mischief’ and ‘criminal intimidation’.

The journalists were responsible for a news report, which alleged that several government school students ‘shivered in biting cold while government officials were busy with an event’ last week.

The journalists work for a local TV channel that aired the news report.

In his police complaint, Sunil Dutt, the district Basic Education Officer, has alleged the journalists were not even present at the event, and yet they ‘misrepresented the yoga and exercise programme’ that was conducted on Sunday to mark the ‘UP Diwas’.

According to the visuals shown in the programme that was attended by the District Magistrate, a state Minister and local MLAs, the children, in what appears to be their summer uniform, are seen holding toy guns. Students can also be seen performing Yoga.

Another clip shows them in a room, performing exercises. A third clip, also shot indoors, shows them performing the ‘head stand’ or ‘shirshasana’. They are not seen wearing sweaters or winter wear in any of the visuals.

All the guests at the event can be seen clad in winter wear.

According to the official’s complaint, the children were made to take off their winter wear, only for the exercises.

“It is well-known that yoga and physical exercises cannot be carried out in winter wear and requires loose clothing. Local education officials followed this, and made the children take off their winter clothing and wear loose and light clothes for the exercises and then all the children immediately put on their winter wear again,” the basic education officer said in his complaint.

District Magistrate Dinesh Chandra Singh said, “I am very pained to see that some journalists, who were not even there, have published news that the children were shivering in the cold. You can see that a child who performs Yoga cannot do it wearing a sweater or a coat or pants. These children have performed very well, I appreciate them. And we will see what is to be done for those who have carried this report.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular