Ayodhya: Hearing concludes, Supreme Court reserves judgment | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Ayodhya: Hearing concludes, Supreme Court reserves judgment – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Ayodhya: Hearing concludes, Supreme Court reserves judgment

Published

on

Supreme Court of India

New Delhi, Oct 16: The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its judgement in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title dispute case after hearing arguments from all the concerned parties.

A five-judge Constitution bench headed by CJI Ranjan Gogoi also asked the parties to file written submissions on the moulding of relief in three days.

This came after the court earlier in the afternoon witnessed high drama on the last day of hearings after the CJI fixed 5pm as the deadline for concluding arguments in the protracted legal battle. ‘Enough is enough’, said the bench, which has once again revised the deadline for the case from October 17 to a day earlier.

The Muslim side tore into shreds a document submitted by the Hindu side, right in front of the five-judge bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi.

Prompting a stern reaction from the Chief Justice, who observed that parties involved in the matter were creating an atmosphere not conducive for the hearing.

“We cannot continue like this in the hearing. People are getting up and speaking out of turn. We can also get up right now and finish the proceedings in the matter,” he said.

On the 40th day of hearing, senior advocate Vikas Singh, representing All India Hindu Mahasabha, submitted a pictorial, identifying the spot of Lord Ram’s birthplace at the disputed site along with a book and few documents.

Senior advocate Rajeev Dhavan, representing the Muslim side, objected to these submissions citing this document was not on record.

Seeking the five-judge bench’s permission to tear the document in court, Dhavan said: “May, I have your permission to tear this document….this is Supreme Court and not a joke”, and then he tore the document to pieces.

Dhavan also objected as Singh attempted to submit a book in connection with the case. Using a high-pitch he objected to the submission and opposed it vehemently.

The court recorded Dhavan’s objections.

Singh insisted that directions, as per the pictorial map, from the Sita Rasoi and Sita Koop lead to the spot, which is the birthplace place of Lord Ram.

Chief Justice Gogoi observed that all this was creating an atmosphere not conducive for the hearing, especially highlighting the conduct of the Muslim side.

Expressing his anguish at the state of affairs inside the courtroom, the Chief Justice added: ” As far as we are concerned the arguments are over.”

Earlier during the day, senior advocate C.S. Vaidyanathan — representing Hindu side — contended that there could be some evidence that the Muslim side offered Friday prayers at the disputed site between 1857 and 1934.

“But there is absolutely no evidence that they offered any prayer after that. On the other hand, Hindus continued to worship…. Muslims did not have exclusive possession on the disputed site,” said Vaidyanathan.

He urged the court that Hindus do not have a site which could be treated as birthplace of Lord Ram.

India

Rahul Gandhi takes jibe on Modi with one word ‘asatyagrahi’

Published

on

Rahul Gandhi PM modi

New Delhi, July 11 : Former Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Saturday took a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his claim that the 750 megawatt (MW) Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power project in Madhya Pradesh is Asia’s largest. Rahul Gandhi wrote just one word — “asatyagrahi”.

In a tweet, Rahul Gandhi said, “Asatyagrahi” tagging a tweet of Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Friday after he dedicated the “game-changer” Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project to the nation.

In his tweet, Modi said, “Today Rewa has really created history. Rewa is identified with the name of river Narmada and the white tiger. Now the name of Asia’s largest solar power project has also been added.”

“The word ‘satyagrahi’ in Hindi means someone who practises the policy of satyagraha or insists on the truth.

Continue Reading

India

Delhi Govt decides to cancel all Delhi university exams

Published

on

Delhi University

New Delhi: Delhi government has decided to cancel all Delhi state university exams including final exams in view of Novel coronavirus COVID-19.

The degree will be awarded based on evaluation parameters decided by the universities: Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia

Continue Reading

Health

WHO Acknowledges Success of Dharavi Model in Arresting Covid-19 Spread

“Across all walks of life, we are all being tested to the limit,” Tedros said, “from countries where there is exponential growth, to places that are loosening restrictions and now starting to see cases rise.

Published

on

By

dharavi mumbai

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Friday acknowledged the success of the steps followed in Mumbai’s Dharavi to contain the coronavirus, saying community engagement and testing is key to breaking the chain of transmission of the disease.

Dharavi, one of the largest slums in Asia, on Friday reported 12 new cases, taking its tally to 2,359. Dharavi currently has 166 active cases and 1,952 patients have been discharged from hospitals following recovery so far.

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the examples of Italy, Spain, South Korea and India’s biggest slum showed that however bad a outbreak was, the virus could still be reined in through aggressive action.

“In the last six weeks cases have more than doubled,” Tedros told a virtual press conference in Geneva.

However, “there are many examples from around the world that have shown that even if the outbreak is very intense, it can still be brought back under control,” said Tedros.

“And some of these examples are Italy, Spain and South Korea, and even in Dharavi — a densely packed area in the megacity of Mumbai — a strong focus on community engagement and the basics of testing, tracing, isolating and treating all those that are sick is key to breaking the chains of transmission and suppressing the virus.”

The novel coronavirus has killed at least 555,000 people worldwide since the outbreak emerged in China last December, according to a tally from official sources compiled by AFP on Friday.

Nearly 12.3 million cases have been registered in 196 countries and territories.

“Across all walks of life, we are all being tested to the limit,” Tedros said, “from countries where there is exponential growth, to places that are loosening restrictions and now starting to see cases rise.

“Only aggressive action combined with national unity and global solidarity can turn this pandemic around.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular