New Delhi, Aug 17: In the wake of the last rites of former Indian prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on Friday, the Police issued a traffic advisory for the national capital.
The 93-year-old leader who had faded from public life for more than a decade due to health complications and was admitted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences with urinary tract infection on June 11, took his last breath at 5.05 p.m on Thursday.
Almost all roads connecting to central Delhi including Krishna Memon Marg, Akbar Road, Janpath and India Gate C-Hexagon, among others, will remain shut from 8 a.m. onwards for the general public today in order to ensure smooth vehicular movement during Vajpayee’s last rites.
Today following roads will be closed for general public from 8 a.m. onwards :
– Krishna Menon Marg
– Sunehri Bagh Road
– Tughlak Road
– Akbar Road
– Tees January Marg
– Janpath from Claridges Hotel to Windsor Place
– Man Singh Road
– C-Hexagon from Shahjahan Road to Tilak Marg
– Rajpath from Man Singh Road to C-Hexagon
– Ashok Road from Windsor Place to C-Hexagon
– 11. KG Marg from Feroz Shah Road to C-Hexagon
– Copernicus Marg from Mandi House to C-Hexagon
– Shahjahan Road
– Zakir Hussain Marg from SBM to India Gate (C-Hexagon)
– Tilak Marg From C-Hexagon to Tilak Bridge
– Bhagwan Dass Road
– Sikandara Road
– Mathura Road from Bhairon Marg T Point to W Point
– BSZ Marg from Tilak Bridge to Delhi Gate
– IP Marg
– DDU Marg
– JLN Marg from Rajghat to Delhi Gate
– Ring Road from IGI Stadium T Point to Yamuna Bazar
– Netaji Subhash Marg from Delhi Gate to Chhatta Rail
– Nishad Raj Marg from Netaji Subhash Marg to Shantivan
Below are the corridors will be available for commuters:
Alternative 1 – Aurobindo Marg – Safdarjung Road – Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Road and reach the destination in North Delhi and vice-versa
Alternative 2: Reach Connaught Place – Minto Road – Bhavbhuti Marg – Ajmeri Gate-Shraddhanand Marg – Lahori Gate Chowk – Naya Bazar – Peeli Kothi – SP Mukherjee Marg and then reach the destination in North Delhi and vice versa
Alternative 3: Ring Road ISBT (Kashmere Gate) – Salim Garh bypass Road (Upper Ring Road ) – IP Estate Flyover and vice versa
Alternative 4: Reach Nizamuddin Bridge to cross Yamuna – Pushta Road – GT Road and cross over to ISBT and reach the destination in North Delhi and vice versa
DND-NH24 – Vikas Marg – Shandara Bridge and Wazirabad Bridge will remain open to connect Ring Road
Vikas Marg – T/L Ring Road -T/R to Mathura Road – Bhairon Marg towards New Delhi
Traffic movements will also not be permitted on lower Ring Road from ISBT Kashmere Gate towards Shantivan and from IP flyover to Rajghat.
Vajpayee will be laid to rest at the Smriti Sthal on the banks of the Yamuna in the national capital.