Srinagar, March 9: The Indian Army on Saturday dismissed media reports that a soldier was abducted by militants in Jammu and Kashmir’s Badgam district, adding that he was “safe”.
“Media reports of the abduction of a serving Army soldier on leave from Qazipora, Chadoora, are incorrect. (The) individual is safe. Speculations may please be avoided,” a Defence Ministry statement said.
The reports on Friday said that the soldier identified as Muhammad Yaseen of the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) division had been abducted.