Arjun Kapoor shares his photo with coolest KJO and Zoya | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Arjun Kapoor shares his photo with coolest KJO and Zoya – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Arjun Kapoor shares his photo with coolest KJO and Zoya

Published

on

Mumbai, Aug 12 Actor Arjun Kapoor says filmmakers Karan Johar and Zoya Akhtar are two of the coolest, fun loving and most entertaining people he knows.

Arjun on Monday shared a photograph of himself with “Koffee King” Karan and “Gully Girl” Zoya, bantering that their films were also “not shabby”.

“Two of the coolest, fun and most entertaining people I know! Their films aren’t too shabby either Zoya Akhtar and Karan Johar,” he captioned the image on Twitter.

The three were travelling back from a film festival in Melbourne.

Arjun will next be seen in “Panipat”, a historical drama directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. The film also stars Kriti Sanon and Sanjay Dutt.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

nineteen − seven =

Entertainment

Kamal Haasan takes advice from Odisha CM on political future

Published

on

By

Kamal Haasan Naveen Patnaik

Bhubaneswar, Nov 18 : Noted actor and Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) founder-President Kamal Haasan on Monday met Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik here to seek advice on his political future.

“Basically, it was one-side receiving advice as a politician. I was asking my questions and I got some great answersa. We are watching him and learning from his wisdom,” Hasan said after meeting Patnaik at the latter’s residence.

Notably, Patnaik has been in power in Odisha since 2000.

Haasan was here to attend a programme organised by a private institution.

The Chief Minister said they discussed the political career of the actor-turned politician.

“We had a discussion this evening about his future political career and also about the films he is doing,” said Patnaik.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sona Mohapatra ‘elated’ to get Tanushree Dutta’s support

Published

on

By

Tanushree Dutta Sona Mohapatra

Mumbai, Nov 18 : Singer Sona Mohapatra is “truly elated” to receive actress Tanushree Dutta’s support in her protest against composer Anu Malik being reinstated as judge on Sony TVs “Indian Idol Season 11”. Last year, Malik was removed as Season 10 judge after Sona alleged that the composer had sexually harassed her. There were accusations against Malik by other singers such as Neha Bhasin, Shweta Pandit and Caralisa Monteiro, too.

Tanushree, who kickstarted the Me Too campaign in Bollywood in 2018, in a recent interview said that she wanted to “stand up, raise my hands up and applaud Sona Mohapatra” for her guts to speak up against Malik.

Reacting to Tanushree’s comment, Sona said: “I read Tanushree’s interview and critique of Sony TV’s double standards of claiming to be a family channel but platforming a multiple accused sexual predator like Anu Malik on Indian Idol this morning on my way back from a concert and I felt truly elated! She was the first to speak up in #MeToo in Bollywood after the women in Kerala initiated the movement in India and she has been really brave in this fight for safer workplaces.”

“My own fight is not against just one man, but against an entire system that normalises sexual harassment and encourages perverted behaviour, power play and a lopsided system. I am not one to tire easily or run away from a battlefield and one odd fight might be lost but ultimately the war will be won,” Sona added.

She sounded confident that Malik would be removed. “Anu Malik being removed from this show will be a symbolic victory for the people fighting for positive change, a better and safer future for children and women in India. This is no small, petty or minor issue, this is a matter that defines what kind of ‘India Shining’ we plan to be in the coming years. This is the ‘good over evil’ type of fight and celebration that we have every year on Durga Puja or Dussehra.”

Earlier, complimenting Sona, Tanushree said in an interview to Mid Day: “I want to stand up, raise my hands up and applaud Sona Mohapatra along with others for fighting the good fight against Anu Malik’s reinstatement in Indian Idol. What shocks me most in this ordeal is how Sony TV, which is supposed to be a family-friendly channel, has allowed such a person to remain a judge when several educated, talented, highly accomplished, intelligent, high profile women have come forward with their stories of harassment against him. I mean are TRP more important that our human values? Shouldn’t people who misbehave be held accountable for their deeds? Why reinstate him at all after all those allegations surfaced?

The actress had added: “This seriously brings into question the mindset of the channel team as well as the creators and management of the show. This also puts serious doubts on the mindset of the co-judges who agreed to be a part of the show, especially Neha Kakkar, who is also a successful woman singer herself much like Sona, Neha Bhasin and Alisha Chennai. Also, why not celebrate brave, bold and dynamic women like Sona Mohapatra who fight the good fight despite losing jobs, peace of mind and health? These bravados should be promoted because the world will be a better place because of them.”

According to Sona, the second wave of the Me Too movement has just started. “That Shweta Pandit, Neha Bhasin, Caralisa Monteiro and many other women including a journalist yesterday spoke up and shared their traumatic stories with Anu Malik, and others like Alisha Chinai, Abhay Deol and now Tanushree have supported our campaign to remove him as a judge, goes to say that the tide is turning. While it does take time, the good people of the world do rally together to fight evil and help change things for the larger good. #MeToo will not die that easily, the second wave is here & its #TimesUp now!” she said.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nusrat Jahan in ICU, family dismisses ‘rumours’

Published

on

Nusrat Jahan and Mimi Chakrabort
File Picture of Nusrat Jahan and Mimi Chakrabort

Kolkata, Nov 18 : Bengali actor and Trinamool Congress Lok Sabha member Nusrat Jahan was admitted to the ICU of the Apollo Gleneagles hospital following respiratory distress, sources close to her said on Monday, dismissing as “rumours” reports of drug overdose.

Jahan was taken to the hospital around 9.30 p.m. on Sunday night with problems of breathing.

“She is stable and conscious,” a source said, adding she would be discharged in the next few hours.

“She is going to be discharged and she is going home in some time…Anyway, she has an asthma problem, she takes an inhaler. But the problem became a bit massive yesterday, and using an inhaler was not enough. She is completely fine,” the source told IANS.

About speculation going around since morning, the source said: “We know there are such rumours, and we have already rejected them on behalf of the family.”

He said Jahan’s husband Nikhil Jain has been in the hospital since Sunday night.

After Jahan was admitted, reports started floating around that she had a drug overdose, a drug allergy or had consumed a large number of sleeping pills.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular