Arjun Bijlani 'more worried now' after person contracts COVID-19 in his building | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Arjun Bijlani ‘more worried now’ after person contracts COVID-19 in his building – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Arjun Bijlani ‘more worried now’ after person contracts COVID-19 in his building

Published

on

Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Actor Arjun Bijlani says he needs to be extra careful, after a person has tested positive for coronavirus in his building here.

The actor, who has been in quarantine with wife and son in the Green Acres building, said: “Somebody’s help on the first floor has been infected. It’s a family of doctors. I am on the sixth floor and I am completely quarantined anyways. I think they will seal the building or a few floors. It was earlier reported in the next building, but now since it’s in our building too. We need to be extra careful.”

Incidentally, Arjun lives in the same building compound where producer Boney Kapoor’s house help recently tested positive for coronavirus.

Quarantining with pets can be a little difficult for Arjun. “I have a dog at home and he obviously needs to go for a walk, so it’s going to be a big task now,” he said.

The actor has already stocked up on essentials but he admits that the next 14 days are going to be crucial. He accepts that the Covid situation has been mentally scary for everyone since the beginning, but now that it’s in his building he is more worried.

“I am more worried now because I have a five-year-old son at home. But I am going to stay positive and pray that it doesn’t affect my family,” Arjun added.

Although the actor has a help at home, he said that he and his wife have divided the household chores.

He said: “Cooking, cleaning, there are so many things to be done in the house. We have a help at home. But me and my wife have divided work on our own. But we have a dog, who needs to go for a walk, and my help is the one who takes him and he sometimes plays with my son too, so now I need to be extra careful.”

“And we will take extra precautions now like washing our hands more frequently,” he added.

Entertainment

Ram Gopal Varma booked in ‘Murder’ movie row

Balaswamy, who had approached the court last month, sought a ban on the film. He also said that photos of Pranay and his daughter-in-law Amrutha were being used without their consent.

Published

on

By

Ram gopal verma

Hyderabad, July 4 : Telangana police on Saturday booked controversial filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma as per a court directive in connection with his proposed movie ”Murder” based on an alleged incident of honour killing.

A case against Varma and producer Natti Karuna was booked at Miryalaguda Town- I police station in Nalgonda district.

The court issued the direction on a petition filed by P.Balaswamy, whose son Pranay Kumar was murdered in 2018 by his father-in-law Maruthi Rao who had refused to accept his marriage with his daughter.

Varma and the producer were booked under Indian Penal Code (IPC) section 153A (Promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, etc and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) and other sections of SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act.

Balaswamy, who had approached the court last month, sought a ban on the film. He also said that photos of Pranay and his daughter-in-law Amrutha were being used without their consent.

Pranay, a 24-year-old Dalit, was hacked to death by hired killer in full public view when he along with his wife and mother were coming out of a private hospital in Miryalaguda on September 14, 2018. The sensational murder was caught on CCTV camera.

Maruthi Rao, who belonged to an upper caste, and seven others were arrested.

Rao, who had struck the deal to kill Pranay for Rs one crore, allegedly committed suicide in March this year in Hyderabad.

Varma announced last month that he was making a film on the story of Maruthi Rao and his daughter.

“On the occasion of Father’s Day I am launching the first look poster of a film based on the tragic story of Amrutha and her over loving father Maruthi Rao,” the director had tweeted on June 21.

“This is going to be a heart wrenching story based on the Amrutha and Maruthi Rao saga of the dangers of a father loving a daughter too much.”

Amrutha, who still lives with her in-law, had reacted strongly to Varma”s plans and vowed to fight a legal battle to stop the film.

“Its foolish to assume that I am going to show someone involved in a negative light because I strongly believe that nobody is bad and only bad circumstances make people look bad or make them behave bad and that”s what I intend to explore in ”Murder”,” Varma had said in one of the series of tweets on the issue.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Film on girl who cycled from Gurugam to Bihar during COVID-19 lockdown lands in controversy

Published

on

jyoti kumari cycling

A controversy erupted on Friday over the rights of a film on Jyoti Kumari, a 15-year-old girl who cycled from Gurugam to Darbhanga in Bihar during the coronavirus lockdown, after filmmaker Vinod Kapri claimed he has already made an advance payment for the rights over a month ago. Film production venture Wemakefilmz on Friday said it has legally acquired the exclusive motion picture rights for the story.

On Tuesday, PTI reported that four friends, united by passion for films and documentaries, had bagged the rights for the life story of Jyoti. Jyoti will be the protagonist and the project is to set go on floors from August, Shine Krishna, who will be directing the film, had said.

Miraj and Fairoz, working in the Middle East, along with Krishna and Sajith V Nambiar have acquired the rights for the film. They are partners at Wemakefilmz, a nearly two-decade old venture set up by Krishna.

Regarding Kapri’s claim, Krishna said the former’s agreement does not have legal value. Earlier in the day, Kapri tweeted that as per an agreement on May 27, the rights of the film is with Bhagirathi Films Pvt Ltd (BFPL) and no one else can make the movie.

In response to a tweet by acclaimed actor Sanjay Mishra about the film, Kapri tweeted that someone had given Mishra wrong information or misguided him.

Kapri also tagged a video which showed signing of the agreement and a statement to that effect by Mohan Paswan, the girl’s father. In his tweet, Mishra said his participation in the film as the father was how the film fraternity contributes to the society.

Tagging Shine Krishna and Sujit Nambiar, Mishra said the team will bring to the fore the eight days in the life of Jyoti who pedalled more than 1,000 kilometres with father sitting on the back seat of a cycle.

In a statement, Kapri’s BFPL said it signed an agreement with the girl’s father Mohan Paswan on May 27 and 20 per cent of the amount was paid into a bank account, while the remaining 80 per cent was to be paid upon commencement of work.

“Today, we came to know about the new agreement, which is illegal and a breach of contract with Bhagirathi Films. We request Mohan to cancel this new contract and put an end to the dispute. If the new contract goes into force neither Kapri nor Mohan will be able to make a film,” the statement claimed.

The statement was issued by Mahendra, an associate director with BFPL.

Krishna said Wemakefilmz has legally acquired the exclusive motion picture rights on Jyoti Kumari and family.

“Before signing the life story rights option agreement, we have crossed checked the agreement which has been signed through somebody by Kapri… he was not physically present there and there was no sign of Jyoti or her mother. So that one agreement will not have any legal value,” he said in a statement issued on behalf of Wemakefilmz.

Wemakefilmz exclusively holds the life story rights of Jyoti Kumai and family. The agreement has been signed, notarised and registered by the production house’s partners — Krishna, Sajith V Nambiar, Mohammed Miraj Chathoth and Fairoz Chirammal. In the statement, BFPL said nearly a month after signing a contract for a film, web series and documentary with it, Mohan Paswan has entered into a new contract with Krishna.

The struggle for Jyoti’s family began in January when her father, an e-rickshaw driver in Gurugram, was injured. She then came to Gurugram in Haryana. With no means to earn a livelihood, things turned difficult and Paswan’s landlord gave him an ultimatum to either pay the rent that was due for a few months, or leave amid the lockdown.

At that time, it was Jyoti’s idea to cycle all the way — almost 1,200 kilometres — to their village in Darbhanga.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Now Sushant’s father demands CBI inquiry into his death

Sushant Singh, a resident of Patna, allegedly committed suicide on June 14 at his flat in Bandra, Mumbai. Since then, various social and political organizations have been demanding a CBI inquiry into his death.

Published

on

By

Sushant Singh Rajput

Patna, July 4 : There is a growing demand for a CBI inquiry into the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who allegedly committed suicide at his Mumbai residence on June 14.

A Twitter account of Sushant”s father K.K. Singh has surfaced, through which he is demanding justice for his son. He has asked for a probe by the CBI.

Sushant”s father K.K. Singh on his Twitter handle wrote, “Today my son Sushant”s soul is crying and is demanding an investigation by the CBI.”

In another tweet he wrote, “My son Sushant Singh Rajput was very brave. I know he can never commit suicide. An attempt is being made to prove his death as suicide though it is a murder. I request for a CBI inquiry into the entire matter.”

Reactions are pouring in on his Twitter handle after Singh”s tweets.

Sushant Singh, a resident of Patna, allegedly committed suicide on June 14 at his flat in Bandra, Mumbai. Since then, various social and political organizations have been demanding a CBI inquiry into his death.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular