Mumbai: Addressing a joint press conference in Mumbai, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar said that his nephew Ajit’s decision is act of indiscipline, and no NCP worker is in favour of NCP-BJP govt. “An honest NCP worker can never be a part of BJP government formation,” he said, adding that around 11 MLAs along with Ajit joined hands with BJP. However, four-time NCP MLA Rajendra Shingane said that they were “misled”.
- Action against Ajit Pawar will be taken as per the procedure, says Sharad Pawar
- Today, a new NCP legislative party leader will be elected at 4 pm, said Sharad Pawar
- Parties had their MLAs list signed by all MLAs, a similar list of NCP was with Ajit Pawar, as he is CLP of NCP, said Sharad Pawar
- I’m sure Governor has given them time to prove majority but they won’t be able prove it, said Sharad Pawar
- Uddhav Thackeray: Earlier EVM khel (game) was going on and now this is new khel (game). From here onwards I don’t think elections are even needed. Everyone knows what Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj did when betrayed and attacked from the back.
- Don’t Ploy Midnight Plots: Thackeray | Uddhav Thackeray called it a ‘furgical strike’ and said, “Don’t ploy midnight plots”
- Uddhav Thackeray: They don’t want opposition or friends. They are narcissistic. Nobody should try to backstab us.
- BJP Did Same in Haryana and Bihar: Thackeray | Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray said, “The child play in the name of democracy is laughable. They should stick fevicol and sit there. Instead of saying, I will come back, he should have said, I won’t ever go.” Uddhav calling it a mockery of democracy said that the BJP did the same thing in Haryana and Bihar.
Don’t Know If Ajit Did it Fearing Investigating Agencies: Pawar
Reacting to Ajit Pawar’s move of forging alliance with BJP, NCP Chief Sharad Pawar said, “I don’t know if he (Ajit Pawar) has done this fearing investigating agencies or not. As per my source, 10-11 MLAs were there in Raj Bhavan and out of those, 3 are already here sitting with me.”
On the question of how many MLAs were with Sharad Pawar, the NCP chief said, “4 MLAs out of those 10-11 have already come back to us”.